Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be legal to distribute leaflets calling for the execution of homosexuals?
Yes 28 32.56%
No 53 61.63%
Not sure 5 5.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 08:55 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,573,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
I'm not back peddling. I just don't see why gays should want to get married and I don't agree with it, true. It makes a mockery of marriage. I am not religious but know the Bible. Marriage, between one man and one woman! Why should two men or two women want to copy that? I know that many gay couples are adopting and God help the children and the bullying they will sustain at school, it just doesn't bear thinking about. That is my opinion and I am entitled to it. I am not getting flustered at all. Self opinionated people like you and you definately have a high opinion of yourself are plentiful. You don't live in England, have little understanding of what is happening here yet feel you have a right to voice your opinion on the fact that you have a 'couple' of nice friends who happen to be Muslim. Big deal. I am out of here
I don't care if you agree with a basic right that i'm given. if you get too than I get too.

you don't get to be better than others and make others second class citizens. it's not constitutional.

and in what way do I make a 'mockery' of marriage? could you be more insulting and demeaning? bigotted much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's a conundrum for the left.

Take the side of the muslims or the gays.

actually it's illegal to make threats against groups of people, so it's not a conundrum for anybody who has common sense or isn't evil

Old 02-18-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I didn't HAVE to get married! I got married because I loved a man (the opposite sex to me) You are just splitting hairs with your stupid statements

really why would you thinik it would be any different for us? should you not be able to get married unless i OK it first?

Old 02-18-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
You forget that not all marriages are performed in church, very many are civil ceremonies between a man and a women. Why do two men or two women want to do this? Many heterosexual couples just live together, why can't gays do that? Why do they want the whole church thing? They are not special people, just gays. I am not homeophobic but neither do I understand two men committing buggery on each other, I haven't the faintest idea what two women do together and don't really want to know.

my parents got married in a courtroom before a judge. also my church performs ss weddings anyway, so i could get married there if i want too. what makes you think being gay means you're not spiritual and/or religious?

it's an unchosen trait, what does that have to do with anything else?

Old 02-18-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I don't have any 'problem' with them marrying. I just don't understand why they want to. What difference will it make to them? It is not as if they can have children who will be classed as 'bastards' because their parents aren't married.
I don't actually give a damn if you respect me or not. Who are you that I should desire your respect? You have a high opinion of yourself

why would our reasons be any different than yours?

my parents got married before they had any children.. so what was THEIR reason?

Old 02-18-2012, 10:38 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,384,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's a conundrum for the left.

Take the side of the muslims or the gays.

It's not a conundrum for any true liberal.

A true liberal accepts only liberal ideas and cultures, and rejects all manifestations of oppressive, anti-freedom ideals.

Anyone who subscribes to cultural relativism on issues of oppression and inequality are not true liberals. They are fools more interested in multicultural wishy washy feelings bullsh** than calling oppression and fighting for equality.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:18 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,481,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
actually it's illegal to make threats against groups of people, so it's not a conundrum for anybody who has common sense or isn't evil

Its "illegality" has nothing to do with the moral conundrum. The Left pushes multiculturalism, and now they've got it.

Kind of funny.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Its "illegality" has nothing to do with the moral conundrum. The Left pushes multiculturalism, and now they've got it.

Kind of funny.

firstly,

not EVERYBODY on the left OR the right believes the same thing, we're all individuals.

secondly, the left pushes for multiculturalsim in the respect for different traiditions, customs etc... TO A POINT. when it violates the safety and freedom of someone else then it stops there.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:31 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,276,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
They said they were doing their "duty" as Muslims.

Given our strong protections of free speech, I'm presuming this type of leaflet would be legal to distribute in the U.S. - correct? As long as the leaflet isn't making a direct threat to harm someone, I think it should be legal.

BBC News - Derby men jailed for giving out gay death call leaflets
IMO Muslims are a moon god cult, not a religion.

They torture women, children, people not of their faith and want to have honor killings and to kill gays. what's not religion about that? Well pretty much all of it is not religion, it is just disturbed.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,653,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
No....if you are inciting/advocating violence towards a specific group of people.....well, that would not be legal in the USA.
The Koran certainly does that. They are instructed to not only despise us but to kill us. Not just homosexuals, anyone who isn't a Muslim.

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme.
Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216

Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....

When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. - 47:4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies