Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,132,497 times

Advertisements

Thats the way politics work these days.

*** Liberals will propose a ten percent tax increase, and Republicans will settle for five, the very number Democrats hoped to get. It might take Liberals longer to get to their goal, but they know that eventually they’ll reach it. They can always count on Republicans to compromise.***

***What’s true on taxes also applies to religion. There’s a provision in the health care law which requires religious employers to provide insurance coverage for contraceptives. John Boehner called the rule “an unambiguous attack on religious freedom in our country.***

Is the Obama Administration Using Gestapo Tactics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 10:57 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,575,578 times
I fully expect to see 1,000 standing in the middle of the Pacific Coast Highway simultaneously taking a dump before I see a Republican compromise on anything. When the black President is gone, no doubt they will compromise, but until then they will block, obfuscate and lie.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,132,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I fully expect to see 1,000 standing in the middle of the Pacific Coast Highway simultaneously taking a dump before I see a Republican compromise on anything. When the black President is gone, no doubt they will compromise, but until then they will block, obfuscate and lie.
Do you not know that compromise is not going along with a "my way or the highway" declaration? I guess not. Maybe you should get down the trusty old dictionary.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:30 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,591,206 times
LOL!

Conservatives promise smaller government and what do they do when they run the white house, senate and house from 2002-2006? Increase spending and expand government powers more than anyone since LBJ. Then try to blame it all on Pelosi and Reid against all logic, truth, and reason.

What Bush did was the opposite of what makes since fiscally. I have no problem at all with cutting taxes. But you don't cut taxes AND INCREASE SPENDING MASSIVELY AT THE SAME TIME and expect good things for the budget. But that is exactly what Bush and the Republicans in congress did with very little objection by so called conservatives.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:38 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,829,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Thats the way politics work these days.

*** Liberals will propose a ten percent tax increase, and Republicans will settle for five, the very number Democrats hoped to get. It might take Liberals longer to get to their goal, but they know that eventually they’ll reach it. They can always count on Republicans to compromise.***

***What’s true on taxes also applies to religion. There’s a provision in the health care law which requires religious employers to provide insurance coverage for contraceptives. John Boehner called the rule “an unambiguous attack on religious freedom in our country.***

Is the Obama Administration Using Gestapo Tactics?
Bonehead is an idiot.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:49 AM

10,876 posts, read 13,759,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
LOL!

Conservatives promise smaller government and what do they do when they run the white house, senate and house from 2002-2006? Increase spending and expand government powers more than anyone since LBJ. Then try to blame it all on Pelosi and Reid against all logic, truth, and reason.

What Bush did was the opposite of what makes since fiscally. I have no problem at all with cutting taxes. But you don't cut taxes AND INCREASE SPENDING MASSIVELY AT THE SAME TIME and expect good things for the budget. But that is exactly what Bush and the Republicans in congress did with very little objection by so called conservatives.
Well put. GOP fiscal policies have never, and will never work. All we see under them is insane spending, giveaways to the rich and their corporate cronies, and massive deficits. Yet their brainwashed goons keep defending them

Old 02-12-2012, 10:57 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,792,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
LOL!

Yep, Republicans are more conservative when they ain't in power.

This is the compromise the parties have made in the last decade, Democrats get their spending programs, Republicans get their tax cuts, our children and grandchildren get thrown to the lions.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:03 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,181,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you not know that compromise is not going along with a "my way or the highway" declaration? I guess not. Maybe you should get down the trusty old dictionary.
Two words for you, "Grover Norquist"

You have a senate minority leader saying his top priority is making Obama a one term prez and a house leadership that has offered ZERO jobs bills.

Gop = compromise ain't us.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:05 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,181,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Well put. GOP fiscal policies have never, and will never work. All we see under them is insane spending, giveaways to the rich and their corporate cronies, and massive deficits. Yet their brainwashed goons keep defending them
You saying reagun's trickle down didn't work?

Old 02-12-2012, 11:09 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,895,996 times
President GW Bush kind of ruined any moral ground we had. He was probably the most reckless President we have had since LBJ. Republicans will be paying for that for a long time. It is hard to to preach to Democrats about fiscal irresponsibility after 4 years of Bush doing 2 wars, a new major entitlement program and tax cuts ALL UNPAID FOR. We have lost the moral high ground on that issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies