Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 04:25 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is there a chance you could take all the things mentioned in the video apart from the standpoint of a prog? Somehow I don't think you took the trouble to listen to and view the video. You could at least discuss one or more of the things that were so pathetic, but like all lefties you just come in calling names and run for cover.
One reason it's pathetic is because you just called me a lefty.

No thinking, just name calling. VERY pathetic.

All you party-line zombies..... (and that includes the left)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 04:27 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Did you see my video or are you just trying to answer from the title of the thread? I do not believe that you watched the video but attacked from the normal spite.

Did you read my link? Did you understand my post? The tone of your post indicates that no, you did not. And you responded with your standard deflection, since you can't rationally disagree.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:05 PM

994 posts, read 724,879 times
Quote:
It isn't conservatives who suck. It's right wing authoritarians, and they've taken over the GOP. And you knowthe type. They're the ones who march in lockstep with Limbaugh, Levin, and WorldNetDaily. The hyperpartisans who cringe at good news for America because it just might reflect favorably on the president.
Come again? Levin is a small government guy who rails AGAINST the Republican party establishment. He consisently speaks out against the party leadership. He doesn't like Bush, he doesn't like Karl Rove, he doesn't like Boehner, etc. "Hyperpartisan?" Not unless they changed the definition of hyperpartisan to "constantly critical of" while I wasn't looking. Have you even listened to him?

Quote:
The Republican Party no longer stands for what it did when I was an active supporter. They've changed, and that change is for the worse. So much so that guys like me, who voted GOP since Nixon, can no longer stomach what they've become. And what they've become is decidedly NOT conservative.
You sound an awful lot like those "so many Christians hijacked the Republican party that I've been tearfully FORCED to vote for Democrats to keep America from becoming a Theocracy" people.

Here's the funny thing I've noticed about those people. It seems like regardless of the reason these people claim they were forced into leaving the conservative movement, they somehow embrace all the OTHER tenets of liberalism too.

It's bogus. You don't want prayer in school, that's fine. But suddenly you're actively supporting universal healthcare and cap & trade too? I don't think so.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:09 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Now you need to see this whole thing to learn why conservatives suck. Most of the reason is that we have to tell people the real truth about so many things while the other guys can promise the world and never have to pay for it.
Um, right...how's that "ending tyranny in the world" thing coming? Are we there yet?

Old 02-12-2012, 05:21 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Come again? Levin is a small government guy who rails AGAINST the Republican party establishment. He consisently speaks out against the party leadership. He doesn't like Bush, he doesn't like Karl Rove, he doesn't like Boehner, etc. "Hyperpartisan?" Not unless they changed the definition of hyperpartisan to "constantly critical of" while I wasn't looking. Have you even listened to him?

You sound an awful lot like those "so many Christians hijacked the Republican party that I've been tearfully FORCED to vote for Democrats to keep America from becoming a Theocracy" people.

Here's the funny thing I've noticed about those people. It seems like regardless of the reason these people claim they were forced into leaving the conservative movement, they somehow embrace all the OTHER tenets of liberalism too.

It's bogus. You don't want prayer in school, that's fine. But suddenly you're actively supporting universal healthcare and cap & trade too? I don't think so.

I get it.

You're Mark Levin's producer.

Welcome to CD PaOC, newb.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:28 PM

1,360 posts, read 2,950,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post
The main point of my post is to point out this lie that anything not spelled out in the Contitution must be a privelege. That isn't a statistic, and is isn't just any old lie, so it must be a damned lie. Our founders knew better. One might think that people who claim that the Constitution is sacred would at least know what's in it and the basic philosophy behind it. It was not designed to protect the privelege of the few.

No one said that universal healthcare is a right. But healthcare is, and not only for the wealthy.

Anyone with two synapses firing can see the current system isn't working, its one of if not the biggest cause of bankrupcy in this country. That's just wrong. So we need to look at what the best way is to allow people access to decent healthcare. What if, instead of every man for himself, we pooled our resources, so that even if the worst happens to you, you can know that you are covered?
Stanman- I hear some threads of logic in what you say. So lets pool our resources- I've got no problem with that. A Government mandated system is one way to do it..there are other ways. If I have no choice in how and when and by whom I should receive healthcare, then you start to lose me.
And thats also where the notion of a "right" eludes me, because if the government mandates that my tax dollar must pay for not only my (compromised) healthcare plus part of someone elses, then my or your right to healthcare seems a bit too engineered to qualify; it seems like a loss of rights rather than an enhancement (for me). If we can leave this talk of "rights" out of it I might have a much more sympathetic ear.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:37 PM

576 posts, read 586,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
They suck because they are stupid. The bible kills their brain and they cant thing for themselves.
What about the Obama's going to church?

Old 02-12-2012, 05:55 PM

790 posts, read 1,733,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
They suck because they are stupid. The bible kills their brain and they cant thing for themselves.
I guess you have read a few bibles in your time.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:04 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Are you with me in your feelings about establishment politicians of either party? I sure sounds like we agree about that. I want all of them on the outside, looking in as soon as enough people can be led to see what they are doing to us.
I actually don't care who other states elect. That is their right by law to decide whatever they want.

But I will continue to point out the hypocrisy of berating one party, while ignoring ones own party.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:43 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
No but you did attribute a thought to me, which I nowhere expressed, nor do I believe:
Are you trying to convict me of thought crimes? You stated "first-time voters" are a "problem." White folk thought black voters were a problem too. My analysis merely points out the total absurdity of your statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post
...What if, instead of every man for himself, we pooled our resources, so that even if the worst happens to you, you can know that you are covered?
What a fantastic idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6 View Post
Stanman- I hear some threads of logic in what you say. So lets pool our resources- I've got no problem with that. A Government mandated system is one way to do it..there are other ways. If I have no choice in how and when and by whom I should receive healthcare, then you start to lose me.

What are you referring to? Our current system--pre-Obamacare--could, and did, reject insurance to millions, simply by overpricing the cost of healthcare. It's 'legal' redlining. Insurance companies practice it day in and day out. Take the "ideal" system--Single-payer. Guarantees health-coverage for anyone that needs it. So, unless you believe the other great lie--death-panels--than you'll have to explain what you're referring to here.
Quote:
And thats also where the notion of a "right" eludes me, because if the government mandates that my tax dollar must pay for not only my (compromised) healthcare plus part of someone else, then my or your right to healthcare seems a bit too engineered to qualify; it seems like a loss of rights rather than an enhancement (for me). If we can leave this talk of "rights" out of it I might have a much more sympathetic ear.
Engineered only to the extent that your access to right-X is protected legally. We can completely reject rights all together, but we have to reject every right we protect legally, such as freedom of press, association, speech, religion, bearing arms, trial by jury, self-incrimination, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies