Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:01 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,981,402 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry but the spoiled-white-liberal Occupy slackers are known throughout the country to deliberately incite confrontations with the police in order to gain sympathy for their Soros-sponsored 'movement' and make a good "I'm a victim of police brutality!" photo for the journOlisters covering them.

Intelligent Americans see through Occupy's ruse.

Occupiers Distort Police Attack - Occupy Atlanta - YouTube

Old 08-08-2012, 10:22 AM

20,419 posts, read 12,338,684 times
I support the right of all Americanz to Taze the stupid!

Old 08-08-2012, 01:34 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,100,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Sadly, your assumption of my age is incorrect. I am in my mid-20s and would fall right in the heart of the OWS crowd if I subscribed to their mantra. Instead, I am working hard at moving up in my job and am quite proud of what I do. I earn a very decent living and I earned that based on my own merits.

Plus, saying that all the OWS protesters are "kids" is a blatent lie as there are numerous older people in that group that are most likely not contributing to society.

These "kids" that are recent college graduates should have spent more time in college focusing on a degree path that would have led to a job, rather than some weird major that sounded good on paper but they now realize gives them no shot in hell of landing a job.
You've definitely bought into the system. Unfortunately, that system is crashing.

I went to a great school, got a good job coming out, and am able to support myself. However, I understand that there's some serious flaws in our system right now. I've worked for Wall Street, and had the aptitude to compete, but chose to venture out on my own to actually create my own living. I didn't like some of the things I saw at the top. I'm much happier doing what I'm doing now. I've worked at least 2 jobs for most of my adult life. I don't mind work and have excelled at what I've done, but if you truly understand the system from top to bottom you can't help but to see that something's wrong.

When I was a broker trainee, we didn't even deal with clients who didn't have $100,000 to invest. I commonly dealt with people who'd lost hundreds of thousands in the market and didn't blink an eye. It was a game to them. For some brokers, it was a game as well. The allure of making tens or hundreds of thousands in the market in a week would tempt anybody. A 500K base would make you do a lot of things to keep up that lifestyle. Meanwhile, our country suffers as these billions are won and lost at the hands of these millionaires and billionaires while the poor in this country could barely feed themselves.

If you want to talk about welfare, talk about the people who actually need it. The people who are working but due to unforseen circumstances, can't afford food for their kids. We've got a great LEGAL immigrant in our plant who severed his finger working on his car. He was out of work for 2 weeks and didn't even go to the doctor until after he got his paycheck. That's how poor some people are in this country. This man outworks everybody in our whole damn plant.

I know there were older people in the protest. I'm connected and have a close friend who was part of Occupy DC from Day 1. You know what his comments were about the protest?? The same ones made on here. He didn't condone the behavior of some of the extreme protesters, but when your trying to start an all-encompassing movement, your going to have some loose ends. Apparently our politicians, and police force have some loose ends as well.

What I take issue with is the fact that the entire conversation that the movement started was put to bed because of a few biased media reports about some fringe groups that latched onto the movement.

You keep your job. If the economy tanks it won't matter who's giving you your money for the week. You'll suffer.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I'm sorry but the spoiled-white-liberal Occupy slackers are known throughout the country to deliberately incite confrontations with the police in order to gain sympathy for their Soros-sponsored 'movement' and make a good "I'm a victim of police brutality!" photo for the journOlisters covering them.

Intelligent Americans see through Occupy's ruse.

Occupiers Distort Police Attack - Occupy Atlanta - YouTube
I'm sorry, but the Movement is ANYTHING but sponsored. If you want to talk about sponsored movements, look no further than the Tea Party.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:37 PM

9,134 posts, read 5,783,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Bumping this "anti-police" thread.

So where's the list of police brutality incidents since this thread went dormant?

Old 08-08-2012, 01:37 PM

20,419 posts, read 12,338,684 times
Occupy is the very definition of astroturf. There is nothing real about it except the stink of the unwashed bodies and the poop they leave on police cars.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:38 PM

Another LIE by the police. From the 1st arrest to go to trial. The judge acquitted the man arrested.

In The First Occupy Wall Street Protest Trial, Acquittal - New York News - Runnin' Scared

"The NYPD has arrested protesters and journalists thousands of times since Occupy Wall Street first began in September, but the case of Alexander Arbuckle was the first of them to actually go to trial.
Arbuckle was arrested while photographing a march early on January 1. As a contingent of a few dozen protesters turned off Sixth Avenue onto 13th street, heading east, the police following the march on foot and on scooters moved in, making several arrests.

Among those arrests was Arbuckle, charged with disorderly conduct for standing in the middle of the street blocking traffic, even after police had repeatedly told protesters to get out of the street. That's the story told in the criminal complaint against Arbuckle, and it's the story that the officer who arrested him told again under oath in court on Monday. The protesters, including Arbuckle, were in the street blocking traffic, Officer Elisheba Vera testified. The police, on the sidewalk, had to move in to make arrests to allow blocked traffic to move.

But there was a problem with the police account: it bore no resemblance to photographs and videos taken that night. Arbuckle's own photographs from the evening place him squarely on the sidewalk. All the video from the NYPD's Technical Research Assistance Unit, which follows the protesters with video-cameras (in almost certain violation of a federal consent decree), showed Arbuckle on the sidewalk.

And in an indication of the way new media are transforming the dynamics of street protest, a clip from the live-stream of journalist Tim Pool showed that not only was Arbuckle on the sidewalk, so were all the other protesters. The only thing blocking traffic on 13th Street that night was the police themselves."

Old 08-08-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
So where's the list of police brutality incidents since this thread went dormant?

Here's some.

The agency that investigates police misconduct is under fire for investigations that go on for years - Chicago Tribune

Mayor says he can't talk about disabled girl's lawsuit against police - Chicago Tribune

Settlement is urged for two more lawsuits alleging Chicago police misconduct - Chicago Tribune

Old 08-08-2012, 01:46 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,157,064 times
Considering that it's six months since the following was posted:

Quote:
I started this thread to discuss the violent and unjust tactics used at many of the peaceful protest associated with the Occupy Movement.
We see that in fact it's the other way around, the violent and unjust tactics used by the OWS crowd against innocent people and businesses.

The fact remains the OWS movement is a dismal failure due to it's childish ideals and Marxist tactics....

Old 08-08-2012, 01:48 PM

9,134 posts, read 5,783,803 times

What do those incidents have to do with OWS?
That was what this thread was about, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.