Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 03:26 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Leviticus 20:13 and

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

That's all I need to say here.
Sacred male temple prostitutes?

Um, what does tha ancient worshipping practice have to gay marriage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 03:28 AM

323 posts, read 321,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Well, tell us the good thing that happened to you today, and then well discuss the polygamy thing
My two boys learned a new soccer move and love their daddy! Tomorrow after school is swimming lessons. I learn something new everyday from my boys.
Polygamy should be accepted if gays get their way. I love to have two moms care for my boys.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:39 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Well, tell us the good thing that happened to you today, and then well discuss the polygamy thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicgreen View Post
My two boys learned a new soccer move and love their daddy! Tomorrow after school is swimming lessons. I learn something new everyday from my boys.
Whooooosh!!!

Old 02-14-2012, 03:45 AM

323 posts, read 321,634 times
Actually Harry Reid was for polygamy. Good info for you liberals.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:13 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
and the sodomites celebrate.....
Yes, we do! And the Stevie Wonder reference makes it even more awesome!

Old 02-14-2012, 06:21 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Leviticus 20:13 and

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Don't forget:

Leviticus 19:19

Or...

Deuteronomy 22:9-12.

Where are your pure-cotton cloak tassels? I got mine right here.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:10 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Yes, as a proud citizen of Washington State I am celebrating. Do you have a problem with that?

What's with this "sodomite" business?

Are you not capable of seeing gays and lesbians as humans with the same needs and desires as anybody else.

In the end we have a lot more in common than narrow minded conservatives would like to believe.

Is this going to personally effect your life?

If you are married, will this change your marriage?

If the answer to any of those questions is yes, please tell me in explicit detail how this will effect you personally.
Let me see if I can tackle that, and provide you some rational answers that you will no doubt summarily dismiss ...

1) With the world on the verge of total financial meltdown ... and psychopaths in positions of power, hell bent on instigating World War III, and a Police State apparatus in the final stages of deployment here in the US ... Gay Marriage is another of the many dividing issues distracting the public from matters SLIGHTLY more relevant and important.

2) Glorifying and normalizing the abnormal is a severe form of self delusion, that serves no one's best interests, including the self deluded.

3) People with such SELFISH and singularly focused "one issue" mindsets are the very voters who couldn't care less if they elected Stalin, or Mao, or Hitler into office so long as they supported that "single issue". They don't represent the sole source of all our problems, but they are illustrative of it, and are certainly a part of the problem, so they can never be part of the solution.

4) Whenever you have a tiny minority of a population demanding the majority restructure itself to suit their desires ... regardless of the nature of that change .... you have a group of selfish misfits who's major contribution to society is social conflict, and that isn't a positive contribution.

That's just for starters.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:18 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Let me see if I can tackle that, and provide you some rational answers that you will no doubt summarily dismiss ...

1) With the world on the verge of total financial meltdown ... and psychopaths in positions of power, hell bent on instigating World War III, and a Police State apparatus in the final stages of deployment here in the US ... Gay Marriage is another of the many dividing issues distracting the public from matters SLIGHTLY more relevant and important.

2) Glorifying and normalizing the abnormal is a severe form of self delusion, that serves no one's best interests, including the self deluded.

3) People with such SELFISH and singularly focused "one issue" mindsets are the very voters who couldn't care less if they elected Stalin, or Mao, or Hitler into office so long as they supported that "single issue". They don't represent the sole source of all our problems, but they are illustrative of it, and are certainly a part of the problem, so they can never be part of the solution.

4) Whenever you have a tiny minority of a population demanding the majority restructure itself to suit their desires ... regardless of the nature of that change .... you have a group of selfish misfits who's major contribution to society is social conflict, and that isn't a positive contribution.

That's just for starters.
Selfish misfits...really, selfish misfits?

The only selfish misfits are conservatives who think that everybody should fit in a neat little box and not deviate from conservative values.

Just as I thought...nothing rational here, just more paranoia from the right.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:24 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
What, you're unhappy because they're happy?
Of course that poster is.
Something that doesnt affect her in the slightest fills her with dread.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:24 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
...and polygamy will be the civil rights issue of the next generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies