Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 07:18 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
no, you educate your self

I dont care what some judge said

I dont care that he was talking about interracial relationships....had NOTHING to do with poligamy, beastuality, of same sex

the simple FACT is if you have to pay and get permission., its stops becoming a right and becomes a priviledge

voting is a RIGHT...thats why the "poll tax" was ELIMINATED....you cant pay for a right.....you want marriage to be a right...then ELIMINATE all the license fees, and tax breaks that go with it...otherwise by DEFINATION it can NOT be a right
In that case, heterosexuals have a privilege that homosexuals don't--that is the privilege to marry the person they love and have legal recognition for it, along with many other privileges and rights that come with a state-issued marriage license such as visitation rights, health care benefits, and adoption rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
no you are the stuburn one who wont even acknowlege the fact that rights are rights and are not paid for, but priviledges are paid for

you are the shallow one, who NEEDS a piece of crap piece of paper form the government to validate your love.....according to you , you cant not love with out a marriage license...very shallow, and narrowminded
It has nothing to do with not being able to love without a piece of paper. It has to do with the fact that that piece of paper just so happens to come with a whole bunch of benefits and rights. And of course gay people don't need those benefits or rights to love one another, but then that begs the question: do heterosexuals need those benefits or rights to love one another? Why don't we just pull away those privileges from everyone? Who needs health care, adoption, visitation, and numerous other rights when we know that both same-sex and opposite-sex love do not amount to legal rights?

Old 02-15-2012, 07:21 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
In that case, heterosexuals have a privilege that homosexuals don't--that is the privilege to marry the person they love and have legal recognition for it, along with many other privileges and rights that come with a state-issued marriage license such as visitation rights, health care benefits, and adoption rights.
thats why we should abolish ALL marriages and the 'benefits' that go along with them...because SINGLE people (any orientation) are DENIED those BENEFITS that 'married' people get

Last edited by workingclasshero; 02-15-2012 at 07:33 AM..

Old 02-15-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with not being able to love without a piece of paper. It has to do with the fact that that piece of paper just so happens to come with a whole bunch of benefits and rights. ?
yep...

its about GREED

Old 02-15-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
yep...

its about GREED
So it's a given when it comes to straight people but it's greedy when it comes to gay people. Thank you for highlighting your double standards.

Why don't we just take away legal marriage altogether? Everyone can be single in the eyes of the state. I would be down with that in a heartbeat (and I happen to be one of those "greedy homosexuals"). Would you?

Old 02-15-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
So it's a given when it comes to straight people but it's greedy when it comes to gay people. Thank you for highlighting your double standards.

Why don't we just take away legal marriage altogether? Everyone can be single in the eyes of the state. I would be down with that in a heartbeat (and I happen to be one of those "greedy homosexuals"). Would you?
who said that????

are you now going to LIE.,and say I said that???

I have said from the beginning ...ABOLISH/ELIMINATE ALL marriages......all meaning just that all...hetro too

I have said to elimainate all the so-called benefits and tax breaks

I have said that NO RIGHT should have to be paid for...by anyone

so please APPOLOGIZE, for your direct mischaracterization of me

Old 02-15-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
who said that????

are you now going to LIE.,and say I said that???

I have said from the beginning ...ABOLISH/ELIMINATE ALL marriages......all meaning just that all...hetro too

I have said to elimainate all the so-called benefits and tax breaks

I have said that NO RIGHT should have to be paid for...by anyone

so please APPOLOGIZE, for your direct mischaracterization of me
Sorry.

You mischaracterized me too, making me out to be greedy for wanting benefits when in fact I'm against all marriage as well. In fact, we completely agree with one another.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:47 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Sorry.

You mischaracterized me too, making me out to be greedy for wanting benefits when in fact I'm against all marriage as well. In fact, we completely agree with one another.
You realize you are arguing with a wall, right?

Old 02-15-2012, 08:59 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The federal government needs to get out in front of this one. We’re going to end up with half the states recognizing gay marriage and the other half not. It’s going to polarize the nation even more.

Yea.... Police State....bring it right??

Except the Rockerfeller Laws.....repeal them......right?

Old 02-15-2012, 11:12 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
"Will your property value go down if you have a same sex married couple in the neighborhood?"
Chicago and San Fran same sex neighborhoods prove out otherwise. The property values went up. And what a shame human life has to be spoken of in terms of dollar values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies