Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 06:48 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,331,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Can you read? Where, anywhere in the post that you quoted, do you see me putting the blame on the Republicans alone. It is BOTH parties. BOTH parties are a problem, and you're kidding yourself if you think the tea party hasn't been a big or bigger problem than the democrats. I'm beginning to wonder if something's wrong with you, unless you're just really young and playing on the computer after school--if that's the case I need to be more patient, because it's a good thing for young people to be interested in politics. I have teenagers at home myself. If you're serious about it, you have to read and pay attention, and try to understand both sides even if you don't agree, in order to learn. Name calling over things that you don't understand does not make you look smart--I promise.
Typical know-it-all liberal that wants to preach her losing message. I will not waste any more time with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 06:51 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,381,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Typical know-it-all liberal that wants to preach her losing message. I will not waste any more time with you.
You really seem to have a problem with someone calling out Republicans, when it is clear that they are at least half at fault for the mess that is our government. The problems we face as a nation go back decades, not just years. They go through Republican and Democratic administrations. They go through varying congressional makeups.

mb may not always be right, but your response is no better then what you were trying to call him out on.

If his post is wrong, then point out what is wrong about it. Calling one another names doesn't help a damned thing.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:55 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,331,734 times
Quote:
Government spending absolutely creates jobs. The goal in increasing government spending was to keep the economy going until private industry could recover. Some agree with that position, and others don't--some think the government would have recovered more quickly if we'd just let things tank and then moved forward from there. The problem is that they're government jobs. vs. private industry, and it increases government spending--it has to be a very short term solution if you take that approach. The goal has to be to do everything in our power to increase the manufacturing base in this country--like cutting the corporate tax rate, encouraging foreign investment in industry here, and giving big incentives to companies who hire at home--so we can rebuild the economy and create private industry jobs. Does that make sense?
Not bad. The problem is that government jobs don't produce anything. So after the money is spent there is nothing to show for it. Obama's stimulus would have been better spent on infrastructure, like developing a natural gas distribution system, upgrading our electrical grid. Giving the money to the states to delay teacher layoffs for one year was a big failure. I don't see where Obama's spending was only short term as his new budget continues the spending.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:18 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Default Recent DHS report equates terrorism with ordinary crime

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...its-islamists/

Quote:
A new Homeland Security report compares terrorism to “ordinary crime” in metropolitan U.S. cities and omits the radical Islamic factor, instead finding “significant variability in the ideologies motivating terrorist attacks across decades.”

This appears to be part of the Obama Administration’s Muslim outreach effort, which includes hiring a special Homeland Security adviser (Mohamed Elibiary) who supports a radical Islamist theologian and renowned jihadist ideologue. The Obama Justice Department also created a special Muslim Engagement Advisory Group to foster greater communication, collaboration and a new level of respect between law enforcement and Muslim and Arab-American communities.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:17 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,561,719 times
Quote:
So the criteria for being a good republican is to LIE? Seriously?

I'm so sick of you tea party people. The sooner you're out of the party the better--I was working for republican candidates before you were born, and I'm sick of the party being dragged down to this point. When people have to make up nonsense to prove their point, they haven't proved anything at all--they just look like ignorant jerks. That might have worked up until now, but the MAJORITY of the republican party aren't radical right wing nuts, they're sick of this crap, and it's time we vote your people out and take control again. You can disagree on issues, but making up "facts" is over the top.

The D's had a supermajority in the period between when a replacement was appointed for Ted Kennedy (October 09) and when Scott Brown was sworn in (early Jan 10). They passed the bill healthcare bill through the Senate in December. As for how I vote--my family is working their backsides off right now for MODERATE R candidates, but when it comes to the general I'm voting person by person. I'll either hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two evils, or not vote on a race if I'm not happy with either choice. I'm not voting for another tea party nut, and I don't think I'm alone. I hate to see it, but the best thing that could happen is for you all to lose your seats this time around, BE GONE from the party, and then the grownups can run the show again.
I had no idea there were still moderate Republicans left!

Old 02-16-2012, 03:16 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,190 times
Quote:
Gosh! What a clever, insightful thing to say! You're just so SMART!

You just made my point. You extremists can't argue the issues in any kind of logical, rational way, so you just throw mud at anyone who disagrees with you. It's laughable. I keep saying it, but the sooner you're out of the party the better. You've nearly destroyed the GOP. I want my party back.
You CAN have your cake (party) back. You just can't eat it too.

If you think a bit of humor is mud, then you are beyond hope and change.

The GOP is sinking itself by moving to the left. Bush is proof of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies