U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 AM

31,372 posts, read 32,700,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Most all if not all female soldiers in the Iraq war who were captures were raped. It is the concern the military had in having women near a combat zone on the ground.
Just how many women soldiers were captured much less raped in Iraq?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 11:42 AM

24,629 posts, read 25,274,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I've been with the military most of my adult life. I haven't, however, played in the NFL so your point has some merit.
And you're still blaming the woman for daring to join the boys club.
You've been out for at least 20 years, I'd say because your're around 65.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:11 PM

541 posts, read 584,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
If a woman cannot protect herself then what good is she at protecting anyone else? This is the equivalent of asking a guy who can't even do one pullup to pull a wounded comrade to safety in a firefight.
If a man cannot control himself, then what good is he at protecting anyone else?

Old 02-14-2012, 12:26 PM

1,081 posts, read 807,056 times
Women near combat units is just a bad idea. They cause more trouble than they're worth. Just reading this thread proves that.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:48 PM

21,035 posts, read 19,886,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Women near combat units is just a bad idea. They cause more trouble than they're worth. Just reading this thread proves that.
That's an unprovable statement....you have nothing to back it up.

But there's a whole provable history of womens' contribution to our military....too bad you do not honor our troops....that's shameful!

And , since it was MEN who started the wars...I'd say THEY were the source of the trouble.....

Old 02-14-2012, 02:35 PM

3,265 posts, read 2,705,506 times
Quote:
I spent over 20 yrs in the military and never raped anybody...guess by your definition I was slacking off.
I do, however, know of more than a few cases where females cried rape only to be caught lying. Just something I thought I'd bring up.
I can also say I've seen way more scumbags per capita in the civilian world than in the military. I'd feel safer having my daughters on active duty than working in whatever environment you work in, if you even have a job. Comments like yours that generalize military members as a whole make me wonder what kind of twisted things are bouncing around in your little head.
And part of me wishes just one of your type would have the guts to make accusations like you just did in the presence of a soldier. The irony here is people sometimes join the military to avoid being around people like you.
Just a few things I wanted to point out, continue with your whining.
USMC, 22nd MEU 1986-1994

Old 02-14-2012, 08:00 PM

1,081 posts, read 807,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
That's an unprovable statement....you have nothing to back it up.

But there's a whole provable history of womens' contribution to our military....too bad you do not honor our troops....that's shameful!

And , since it was MEN who started the wars...I'd say THEY were the source of the trouble.....
My own observations are enough proof.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:22 PM

22,947 posts, read 15,068,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
In reaction to a recently-released Pentagon report indicating a marked increase in sexual assaults in the army since 2006, Trotta suggests:

Fox News' Liz Trotta On Women Raped In Military: 'What Did They Expect? These People Are In Close Contact' (VIDEO)

Yep, you heard it right.
FOX News, and the white, redneck trash that watch it, both represent the lowest common denominator in America.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:36 PM

21,035 posts, read 19,886,800 times
Quote:
My own observations are enough proof.
Enough proof for what?

Passing a law making women "less than" other citizens?

Passing any law?

Convincing anyone you're right?

Changing anything?

NO.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Old 02-15-2012, 12:00 AM

16,434 posts, read 19,509,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And you're still blaming the woman for daring to join the boys club.
You've been out for at least 20 years, I'd say because your're around 65.
67. Thanks for the compliment.

I'll finish my contributions to this thread by saying that women in combat units are harmful to unit cohesion and discipline, that they are an unavoidable distraction from accomplishment of the mission, and that they should be removed from the force wherever possible in the opportunity presented by the drawdown of the military. Same for homosexuals.

I will also state that rapists should be executed.

I'm done. Debate on.

Last edited by Bideshi; 02-15-2012 at 01:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies