Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 06:09 AM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Second rule of conservatism: thou shalt not cast disparaging remarks on the military. It's not the fault of the rapists who comprise a large chunk of the military that they rape all the female servicemembers, it's the female servicemembers for knowingly joining an organization which nearly guarantees they'll be raped.
I spent over 20 yrs in the military and never raped anybody...guess by your definition I was slacking off.
I do, however, know of more than a few cases where females cried rape only to be caught lying. Just something I thought I'd bring up.
I can also say I've seen way more scumbags per capita in the civilian world than in the military. I'd feel safer having my daughters on active duty than working in whatever environment you work in, if you even have a job. Comments like yours that generalize military members as a whole make me wonder what kind of twisted things are bouncing around in your little head.
And part of me wishes just one of your type would have the guts to make accusations like you just did in the presence of a soldier. The irony here is people sometimes join the military to avoid being around people like you.
Just a few things I wanted to point out, continue with your whining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 06:13 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Even the host was moved to defend against her vile remarks. At one point she even scoffed in laughter at the notion that we have a duty to protect those who fight for us. I believe an immediate firing is in order.

If a woman cannot protect herself then what good is she at protecting anyone else? This is the equivalent of asking a guy who can't even do one pullup to pull a wounded comrade to safety in a firefight.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:39 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I know it's not politically correct but I tend to agree with her. There are certain realities about the human condition have been forever. Women in war zones get raped sadly. Women in testerone heavy enviroments get harassed and or worse.
That's why female prisoners are not housed with male prisoners.

To me it is much better to acknowledge realities then ignoring them out of some sense of political correctness.

Also it's interesting how women have little empathy for these soldiers. The same sentiments were expressed by some female callers on the Joe Madison show.
Is there some reason why Caspar would install a sleazy social conservative like Elaine Donnelly to tie female military personal hands behind their backs when it comes to self defense training? If you're prohibited from combat zones, that means no one has to expend a dime training you to endure one even if you find yourself in one just the same. No, Jessica Lynch, we're not going to bother with you.

Get this yet? She's a traitor the troops. Female military hate her and she stands on a soapbox dictating their <alleged> needs that they don't need and utterly neglecting what they do need. She's clueless, never served a *&%^$# day in her life, and only makes a nuisance of herself sucking up to politcos. This is the same freak of nature who decided military protocol ought to treat married pregnant service women as having committed a self inflicted disease rivaling malingering.

What's more, in my service, I had no desire to be anywhere I wasn't qualified to 100% contribute to the mission because failure meant lives lost. Simple as that, just like any other. Side perk for my Commander was that he didn't have to worry about needy ego rivalry BS undermining the mission coming from me. Matter of fact, he trusted me with his life far more than he'd trust his peers. Difference then for me back then were commanders who took my safety seriously enough to point me in the right direction for training. I guess that's not happening anymore thanks to Elaine's magic. POS.

It's not women lacking empathy for these soldiers. These aren't women, and you know that. It's Harriet & Nellie Oleson who can't control themselves so they commence to make careers out of controlling all others around them.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:46 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
We can expect homosexual rape/abuse to increase tenfold in the next 10 years as well. DADT prevented it for all intents and purposes.....equality will shepherd in a new wave of abuse. That's what happens when you pander to "social equality" pushed by left-wing nitwits.

I happen to agree with this commentator. Nothing she said is out of bounds.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:54 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
When women like these speak, I fantasize about a blanket party by a band of female active duty. I think for quite a few it would be well worth Leavenworth. It's a testament of discipline they haven't hauled off and punched her in the mouth already.

The problem with letting yap dogs & chickenhawks vote is they never have to pay for their mouths. They never have to bleed. Until they do. The only real cure for entitled vicious shrews is tossing them headlong into 3rd world nations with $10 and a bottle of nail polish. Tell them to use their superior intellect & omnipotence to figure it out for themselves without daddy's credit card. :::batting eyelashes::::

Silver lining, Obama has quite a diplomatic advantage when FOX is broadcast around the globe. The planet prefers dealing with sane leaders rather than risk retards like these getting in office. Forget nukes. If he's really mad at Iran he should threaten to hurl the Palin menace at them. hahahahahaa

So Mr Sykes, what do you think? Should we pity conservative men over the zombies they're married to, or is their cross to bear everything they've earned?
Except that Fox is hardly broadcast in those nations where you would love to see Obama gain an advantage....ie. The Middle East.

I've spent mucho time in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Jordan and although I tried, I never once found Fox News on any TV I ever turned on.

So, if an American such as myself seeks out Fox News can't find it, then do you really think that the locals can? Of course not.

Broadcasting in Anglo Europe is not particularly advantageous to Barack Obama.

That sort of puts your theory to bed, doesn't it?

Old 02-14-2012, 07:25 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I don't believe women should serve in the military at all, never mind combat units, and especially not on ships.
Not everyone believes as you do.

How do you feel about the topic?
Is rape ok?

Old 02-14-2012, 07:47 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not everyone believes as you do.

How do you feel about the topic?
Is rape ok?
Absolutely not. How do you feel about my mugging example? Mugging is certainly not "OK", but I should know better than to place myself in a situation where it is rather likely. You're a female vet. You know the deal. I'd be interested in your take on the issue.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
funny i live in close quarters with two women and don't feel the urge to rape them, maybe instead of blaming the victim they should 1) blame the rapist and 2) do a better job of not letting rapists in the military?

Old 02-14-2012, 08:05 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Absolutely not. How do you feel about my mugging example? Mugging is certainly not "OK", but I should know better than to place myself in a situation where it is rather likely. You're a female vet. You know the deal. I'd be interested in your take on the issue.
You're blaming a woman who was raped while at work for her rape?
You're giving males free range for violence against women.

If the men can't handle themselves, they need to go to jail.
Rape isn't about sex, it's about violence and control.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:17 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You're blaming a woman who was raped while at work for her rape?
You're giving males free range for violence against women.

If the men can't handle themselves, they need to go to jail.
Rape isn't about sex, it's about violence and control.
OK, I appreciate your input. Yes, men who rape should absolutely be jailed (or executed in my opinion).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies