Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 02:30 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The cat still lives or gets run over in the street.

You see, this is the path you set humanity on if you're one of those eugenicists who believes the unfit shouldn't be reproducing.

You can't have your evolutionary fluff with your eugenicist icing cake and eat it too.

If they're unfit for reproduction then they're unfit for this cruel world. To keep them alive and to coerce them to not reproduce is just cruel. Even worse is to keep them alive in poverty.

That's your side's position, like it or not.
So................................................ ..Are you going to answer my question or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 02:31 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Me too!! I want to know where the black handout line is!! LOL!

Wanted to educate you that poverty rates for black people have been cut in half since the 1960s when over 50% of black people lived in poverty, under 25% are in poverty today so your premise in incorrect and actually if you want to use only poverty rates then those would be evidence that AA should continue by your argument.

I personally do agree with the premise of some sort of reparations but I would only want it as a black American to be in the form of education and healthcare, not money just handed out all willy nilly for people to blow on video games and big screen TVs and cars. I also would put a stipulation that those who receive these sorts of reparations would have to prove that they are the descendants of slaves or had black ancestors in this country in the 18th and early 19th century.

I think it would be interesting to see how many white people would label themselves as black after this!

Just wanted to do a resounding LOL regarding us blacks getting all the "black grants." I even took the advice of the above who said to google educational grants for black people and I didn't find anything that was reputable, only some fraudulent sites.

Some of you are beyond lost if you think there are "black grants" and that all us black people have an advantage in school. If that were the case we would be much better off on a whole as a group in this nation than where we are currently so your whole premise is just ridiculous.

Wanted to also add that maybe you are thinking of UNCF grants but wanted to educate you that UNCF is a private organization, it is not a government organization and it is supported via donations from individuals and corporations. Also most people who get a UNCF scholarship have to attend a UNCF school, an HBCU and not all black kids want to go to an HBCU and most of the prestigious colleges/universities in this country are not HBCUs and so the black kids going there wouldn't be able to get a "black grant" from UNCF.

The black grant thing though made my afternoon. Very funny. It is always so funny, yet saddening what some people think about us black people and what we have and what we want (handouts, that is the funniest of all to me).

There are plenty of black celebrities who have helped black people. Oprah comes to mind, plenty of sports stars as well. Also even Al Sharpton, whom I do not like all that much (and believe me he is not a "black leader" to the majority of black people, only to uneducated white people is he a "black leader) has come to the defense of "poor whites" plenty of times on his radio shows in regards to environmental pollution and to the criminal justice system so what you are saying is not true. Black people want what is best for all Americans. I am black and have done volunteer work for and given money to plenty of organizations that support Americans from many different backgrounds.
Nothing changes that facts that there are far more programs for "whites need not apply" than "minorities need not apply".

Old 02-14-2012, 02:31 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
proud...It seems to me that you became so blinded - maybe too proud? - by your position that total is more important than percentage, that you really weren't interested in a dialogue. I acknowledged your point in post #125, (It is an excellent point you make.), though I don't necessarily agree with it. Maybe I'm wrong, but here was and is the question

[SIZE=3]My post #119[/SIZE]
It'd be a wonderful world, if every racial groups' precentage were lower. The common factors for any and all groups are the same; out of wedlock birth, multiple sperm donors, low educational attainment, generational hand down of poor to no undertanding what the purpose of good work ethic means, high drug and alcohol use and abuse. These are the issues, not whether someone is black, white, Indian. The same steps get's one to the same place.

I know it might hurt to look at it, but don't you want your team to have, in this case a lower percentage? I do.
You can also see the question again at your response #123
And again at #125
Now, please answer the question, "I know it might hurt to look at it, but don't you want your team to have, in this case a lower percentage?" I do. Should you decide to answer, what will you do to help lower the percentage?
I'm not blind at all. Who is this team? The ONLY people I'm concerned with or have any direct responsibility for are MY CHILDREN. Now if you want to concern yourself with "YOUR TEAM", have at it. Thats not my concern. I gave birth to 3 not millions. Next question.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:33 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
So................................................ ..Are you going to answer my question or not?
See, this is what I'm talking about. By your inability to comprehend very simple words and sentences, your side, would deem you as unfit to reproduce and, if they could, sterilize you, so that you could never pass on the unfit gene to another human being.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:34 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Affirmative action is NOT a given. Those colleges that rejected him? Where they because another black student was accepted instead of him?

Exactly.. Its not so why the continued conversation surrounding AA? How would he know? More importantly why would it matter if like you say "Affirmative action is NOT a given"

Old 02-14-2012, 02:36 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Nothing changes that facts that there are far more programs for "whites need not apply" than "minorities need not apply".
Yes......you tend to see the latter when it comes to jobs in the private sector, housing and loans.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
What were your grades? How many colleges did you get accepted to? How many white people with the same grades got rejected or accepted? Until we know the answers to all those questions, I'll refrain from assuming you got rejected because of your race. But you can feel free to continue to assume that.

Cop to what? Making it hard for blacks? You're basically accusing her, and me, of racism. Who's playing games now?
Geez man...you TOTALLY screwed up my whole damn post.

First of all, i wasn't even alluding to some stupid ass notion that i didn't get into those schools because i'm black. Hell, i don't even know if i put that on half the applications anyway. It's been too long ago. You simply read what you wanted to read in what i posted.

Secondly, my grades were decent, but obviously not good enough. So this bull that blacks can get into any and every school regardless of the level of academic achievement is horsedung.

Thirdly, i don't give a damn about how many white kids got accepted or rejected. That's for them to deal with just like i dealt with my own rejections. Any advantage i've ever received in life never ONCE came at the cost to any white person, and if it did, so what? How many of their advantages came at MY cost? These things are incalculable, and so i don't give a damn either way. If you're faced with a barrier, you get over it. If you're given an advantage, it's your duty to make the best of it. That's my philosophy, and anyone that doesn't subscribe to that is a damn fool.

When i said "cop to it," i was asking for any white person in here to cop to this silly notion that they've "made it easier" for me as a black person since the original person who claimed to have done so now claims that they weren't talking about themselves. Well if not them, who are these white people that have made everything so easy for me as a black man?

Old 02-14-2012, 02:38 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
That statement is ridiculous! Black people fought and died for this country liberating it from the British. Black people fought and died for this country during the civil war when we were considered 3/5 of a man. Black people fought and died for this country during reconstruction. Black people worked there asses off when America’s moral authority was faltering in the eyes of god during the civil rights movement. So for you to say “that didn’t apply to black folk” is factually incorrect 100%.
You really need to educate yourself on the 3/5 rule. Three-Fifths Compromise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:

The Three-Fifths Compromise was a compromise between Southern and Northern states reached during the Philadelphia Convention of 1787 in which three-fifths of the enumerated population of slaves would be counted for representation purposes regarding both the distribution of taxes and the apportionment of the members of the United States House of Representatives. It was proposed by delegates James Wilson and Roger Sherman.
Delegates opposed to slavery generally wished to count only the free inhabitants of each state. Delegates supportive of slavery, on the other hand, generally wanted to count slaves in their actual numbers. Since slaves could not vote, slaveholders would thus have the benefit of increased representation in the House and the Electoral College. The final compromise of counting "all other persons" as only three-fifths of their actual numbers reduced the power of the

Old 02-14-2012, 02:40 PM

576 posts, read 586,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Al Sharpton really tore Rick Tyler a new one in this exchange. He couldn’t give an example of not one program the Republicans put in place that helped black people. He couldn’t even lay out what programs/policies they would even try. So the moral of the story is they criticize Democratic social welfare programs as working against blacks but have no alternative.

That’s why we vote at 96% Democrat. Not because we’re on a political plantation but because the current policies of the Republican party is not an option. And will never be unless they change course.

Rev. Al Sharpton in heated exchange with Gingrich supporter, Rick Tyler (VIDEO)

Pretty sure because they dont have programs that offer ANY one race help.
Their programs would be for all people.

Coming up with programs for just one race seems a little.....racist, yeah?

Old 02-14-2012, 02:41 PM

576 posts, read 586,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
because they were specifically targeted for about 400 years and they were locked out of the economy until about 20 yrs ago.

if a shell gas truck killed your father you would be able to sue in court.
Nobody would tell you to stop looking for a handout.

Blacks couldnt participate in the economy until 1992?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies