Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 10:11 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Funny hearing some of the most biased political posters on the forum discussing how the OTHER sides lopsided news source is horrible while their lopsided news source is correct and fair.

LMAO. Pot meet kettle.

How nice it must be to go through life *knowing* that you are on the side of good and the other side is always wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 10:30 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,704 times
Yeah, yeah, yeah... If you want to get close to the truth, DO NOT LISTEN TO THE SPEECHES, DO NOT WATCH THE CANDIDATE ON TV. If you want the truth, just read a transcription of the speeches so that you do not get the vocal inflections, gestures, or see the candidate. When you read it, the words come across a bit different than when you watch it live. The message may not be the same.

The campaigning I've seen is about as close as it comes to "MASS HYPNOSIS". The best definition of "hypnosis" is "THE POWER OF POSITIVE SUGGESTION". if you don't think you can be hypnotised, listen to the commercials on the radio station you listen to. Take a good look at the commercials on TV. Take a look at the billboards you drive past. It's all done as "POSITIVE SUGGESTION". Just like the delivery of a political campaign speech.

So, when I read many of the comments on this board, I see that the candidates are all good "hypnotists", and the one with the best delivery, though not the best solution to the economy, will win the election. And truth has a bit less to do with it than we"d like to admit. There are even some misguided individuals that will vote for Romney simply because they like his looks.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:40 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
I read this article in Politico and thought it was very interesting. Has Fox News moved to the center to maintain its perch atop all other cable news stations? If so, why would they move away from what made them popular in the first place. Do you consider fox to be a Conservative news station, a Republican news station, or neither? Discuss (But read the article first!)

Fox News 'course correction' rankles some - Keach Hagey - POLITICO.com
I think Fox was always propaganda cloaked as journalism. It was popular for a while, and some shows are still popular, but people are also beginning to see it for what it is, and the network has lost credibility. Once you lose credibility, it's hard to get it back. I think MSNBC will also have this same problem in time, if they haven't already, which might be the real reason they booted Keith Olbermann. It's okay to be the anti-Fox when Fox is trolling day and night, but once they stop, they have to be something else. CNN's strategy of being credible is probably the best one in the long run. I would still say that CNN is more fluff and flair than real investigative reporting but it's better than the other mainstream alternatives I reckon.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:43 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Funny hearing some of the most biased political posters on the forum discussing how the OTHER sides lopsided news source is horrible while their lopsided news source is correct and fair.

LMAO. Pot meet kettle.

How nice it must be to go through life *knowing* that you are on the side of good and the other side is always wrong.
Hear it from Rolling Stone:

Quote:
Rolling Stone: How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory

The onetime Nixon operative has created the most profitable propaganda machine in history. Inside America's Unfair and Imbalanced Network

Read more: How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Old 02-14-2012, 11:51 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
Fox will always be to the right, and MSNBC will always be to the left. Neither of the two are any better than the other.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:53 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
HELL NO! Next question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
I read this article in Politico and thought it was very interesting. Has Fox News moved to the center to maintain its perch atop all other cable news stations? If so, why would they move away from what made them popular in the first place. Do you consider fox to be a Conservative news station, a Republican news station, or neither? Discuss (But read the article first!)

Fox News 'course correction' rankles some - Keach Hagey - POLITICO.com

Old 02-14-2012, 11:53 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Fox will always be to the right, and MSNBC will always be to the left. Neither of the two are any better than the other.
MSNBC is a bit strong for my taste. I do like Chris Matthews, though. I think he's one of the fairest guys who has a show on cable. Good, honest analysis. Opinionated, but encourages intelligent discussion amongst partisans on all sides of an issue. I can't say I've seen even one show on FOX News that comes close to being honest or balanced.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:57 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
MSNBC is a bit strong for my taste. I do like Chris Matthews, though. I think he's one of the fairest guys who has a show on cable. Good, honest analysis. Opinionated, but encourages intelligent discussion amongst partisans on all sides of an issue. I can't say I've seen even one show on FOX News that comes close to being honest or balanced.
Stop it. MSNBC is just as honest as Fox News is and vice versa. This is coming from a democrat. There isn't any balance from either of the two stations. How can you call MSNBC balanced when its considered a left leaning channel? That is supposed to be CNN.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:02 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Stop it. MSNBC is just as honest as Fox News is and vice versa. This is coming from a democrat. There isn't any balance from either of the two stations. How can you call MSNBC balanced when its considered a left leaning channel? That is supposed to be CNN.
Stephen Colbert answered that in 2006:

"reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies