Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,350,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Id like to see another source on this as well.

I have three daughters who are almost 6 feet tall and active athletes who grew up on these kinds on sack lunches.

What a bunch of BS if true.
Holy sheet, I hope I never meet your daughters in a dark alley being 5' 5 I probally take a a$$ whooping. J/k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 11:42 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,568,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Holy sheet, I hope I never meet your daughters in a dark alley being 5' 5 I probally take a a$$ whooping. J/k
No ass whooping but the last thing you might see would be the little red light on your chest emanating from their glocks.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 02-14-2012 at 12:17 PM..

Old 02-14-2012, 11:49 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,885,377 times
Cafeterias should provide free HIGH quality Vegan foods. The best ingredients, the BEST non milk chocolate chip cookies. Vegan cheese pizza. FRESH veggie juice from a noisy juicerator. Choices of almond, coconut, rice, soy, hazelnut, hemp milk. Yay team ! Nutrition. If kiddies want junk, they can eat it at HOME.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:53 AM

31,288 posts, read 20,662,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
This mom packs her daughter's lunch. It is a turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with a banana and apple juice. (I used to get bologna on white bread, soda and Twinkees)
The State's agent inspects the lunchbox and tells the little girl her lunch does not meet the States criteria. Are you kidding me?
If you like this kind of government control vote for Obama.
Preschooler’s Homemade Lunch Replaced with Cafeteria “Nuggetsâ€

This is modern day liberalism at it's finest. It is unfortunate that so many big government liberals are building the nanny state with our tax dollars. They believe that only the government knows what's best for you and your kids.

Just remember, those lunch inspectors are paid from YOUR TAX DOLLARS.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:54 AM

649 posts, read 1,130,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The article says the school made the decision. It was a local, very local one.
so you support the big government thugs taking the kids lunch?

Old 02-14-2012, 11:55 AM

31,288 posts, read 20,662,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The article says the school made the decision. It was a local, very local one.
Well, that's good news. At least these idiots can only impact one school district.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:57 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,469,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Just remember, those lunch inspectors are paid from YOUR TAX DOLLARS.
The "lunch inspectors," from what I read in the article which is linked, work for the school. Are you suggesting North Carolina has gone "liberal"?

Old 02-14-2012, 11:57 AM

37,083 posts, read 42,050,241 times
Still no sources, no names, no more info...but Rush picked the story up and said it's Michelle Obama's fault so this should be fun.

Check your emails, I sense spam coming.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:01 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,471,846 times
Here is a link on Chicago:

School bans home lunches, requires kids buy cafeteria food - KLTV 7 News Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |

Old 02-14-2012, 12:19 PM

1,110 posts, read 668,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Cafeterias should provide free HIGH quality Vegan foods. The best ingredients, the BEST non milk chocolate chip cookies. Vegan cheese pizza. FRESH veggie juice from a noisy juicerator. Choices of almond, coconut, rice, soy, hazelnut, hemp milk. Yay team ! Nutrition. If kiddies want junk, they can eat it at HOME.
In my district our elementary schools (k-5) DO NOT HAVE FOOD SERVICE which I think is a fantastic idea. Parents and kids have the option of brown bagging it or there is a parent volunteer system which they bring in hot lunches daily. You order/ pay in advance for which day(s) you want to particpate (Chinese Chicken broccoli & rice, Pizza, bagel/ sliced turkey, etc)...

So the district saves money by not having to construct, maintain, insure, and stock a kitchen/ serving area, no need to pay and pension the union lunch ladies either.

They direct the savings to enrichment programs: Foreign language starting in Kindergarten, Stringed instruments starting grade 2, Jr. Detective (reading comprehension, research, clue & fact finding). It also benefits the local economy (The Chinese place can guarantee 400 Chicken & broccoli orders every Wednesday, pizza place, order for 50 pies every Friday, etc.)

Less waste in food area (kids are provide with what they're parents pack for them), and if there is a specific need for to meet the highest magnitude of nutrition, it's on the parents dime, not the public's dime.

Could you imagine what it might cost to dish out poached organic chicken, edemame, fresh bean sprouts, brown rice and a glass of almond milk if it were (from truck to tray) required to pass through unionized hands???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies