U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 03:12 PM

13,180 posts, read 14,029,410 times

Advertisements

No Russian or Chinese government owned media operation was ever as effective as the US media in brainwashing their citizens.

U.S. media takes the lead on Iran - Salon.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 03:14 PM

29,985 posts, read 40,308,442 times
The US media takes its talking points directly from the White House. Therefore it is the Obama administration taking the lead in promoting war with Iran.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:16 PM

24,874 posts, read 22,791,135 times
I can honestly say that I haven't heard any news agent or pundit say that we shouldn't attack Iran if they develop a bomb.

I agree, corporate puppets playing to their handlers. I have no doubt that the pundits believe what they say, but why can't anyone with a voice of disagreement really get a word in edgewise?

Food for thought.

Who cares if Iran develops a bomb. What are they going to do? Use it? Thats laughable. We would wipe them from the face of the Earth if they attacked us or any other country with a nuke.

If the Arabs are so dead set against not letting Iran have a nuke, and they are, let them go to war. Instead, the US and Israel will take public heat from the Arab league while behind closed doors they give us a pat on the back and a "ataboy".

Old 02-14-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The US media takes its talking points directly from the White House. Therefore it is the Obama administration taking the lead in promoting war with Iran.
Thats only half of the story.

The leading promoters of war in the media are right wing, pro-Israeli, neocons employed by conservative think tanks.

The pro war rhetoric comes from them. Their warmongering gets published in the Wall St Journal and Washington Post.

And of course 95% of right wingers in Congress are behind the march to war, sticking their nose in the affairs of other nations on behalf of Israel.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Thats only half of the story.

The leading promoters of war in the media are right wing, pro-Israeli, neocons employed by conservative think tanks.

The pro war rhetoric comes from them. Their warmongering gets published in the Wall St Journal and Washington Post.

And of course 95% of right wingers in Congress are behind the march to war, sticking their nose in the affairs of other nations on behalf of Israel.
Most of the elected officials in Washington are neo cons, even the Democrats.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I can honestly say that I haven't heard any news agent or pundit say that we shouldn't attack Iran if they develop a bomb.

I agree, corporate puppets playing to their handlers. I have no doubt that the pundits believe what they say, but why can't anyone with a voice of disagreement really get a word in edgewise?

Food for thought.

Who cares if Iran develops a bomb. What are they going to do? Use it? Thats laughable. We would wipe them from the face of the Earth if they attacked us or any other country with a nuke.

If the Arabs are so dead set against not letting Iran have a nuke, and they are, let them go to war. Instead, the US and Israel will take public heat from the Arab league while behind closed doors they give us a pat on the back and a "ataboy".
That's the framing the mainstream media uses. It's taken as a given, not worthy of discussion, that we have the right to attack another country for what we ourselves do. People who think otherwise are not even worthy of being reported on.

That's how warped the main stream media is in the US.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
That's the framing the mainstream media uses. It's taken as a given, not worthy of discussion, that we have the right to attack another country for what we ourselves do. People who think otherwise are not even worthy of being reported on.

That's how warped the main stream media is in the US.
And people claim that we don't have our own propaganda machine.......

Old 02-14-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Most of the elected officials in Washington are neo cons, even the Democrats.
I differentiate between people that are tripping over themselves to please Israel for the own perceived political careers....90% of the members of Congress. ...and Neocons which are a much smaller group of primarily right wing Jews, with dual loyalty to Israel, who manufacture propaganda in the US designed to further Israeli interests.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I differentiate between people that are tripping over themselves to please Israel for the own perceived political careers....90% of the members of Congress. ...and Neocons which are a much smaller group of primarily right wing Jews, with dual loyalty to Israel, who manufacture propaganda in the US designed to further Israeli interests.
The definition of a Neo conservative is one who believes in the spread of democracy throughout the world either through direct, or indirect military power.

President Obama, and 90% of the politicians in Washington, regardless of party fit that bill.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
The definition of a Neo conservative is one who believes in the spread of democracy throughout the world either through direct, or indirect military power.

President Obama, and 90% of the politicians in Washington, regardless of party fit that bill.
I think that's a horrible definition. The neocons in the US were all against the pro-democracy movement in Egypt. The don't give a damn about democracy. They want client states surrounding Israel that they can control. Dictators are fine with them because they can control the will of their people who see Israel as a brutal oppressor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies