Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 08:56 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,569,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
But you would be ok for paying for unwanted children to be born?
And the costs of raising them?
Can you not see causal effects here?
no!! if I drive a car and hit someone you think the government should pay for my damages. same thing goes with sex if you participate in coitus and have an accident or a blessing, what ever you want to call it! depending on your believes, you should be responsible for your actions!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Oh no lady I'm sure that child loving priest know whats best for you gals. GOD didn't mean for you to find comfort because you did bite the apple that doomed us all
them women!!!!!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,852,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
no!! if I drive a car and hit someone you think the government should pay for my damages. same thing goes with sex if you participate in coitus and have an accident or a blessing, what ever you want to call it! depending on your believes, you should be responsible for your actions!
You're comparing apples and kumquats.
I cant imagine ever getting a thoughtful, logical answer form you.
Thank you for playing.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:12 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,392,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Some people care only for themselves. Their money is their money and they will not spend for the good of all.

Ok - let them keep their money but when they need more care than they can afford let them die in the dark.
Greg why don't you just come out and say we should have income re-distribution because that what it sounds like. I'm liberal on some issues but I don't go this far. If I got out and earn my money, then yeah it's my money, who the hell is anybody else to tell me how to spend it! If I want to spend it at Burger King over McDonald's that's my decision. I have good health insurance, it's not my problem if someone else doesn't

Old 02-15-2012, 09:23 AM

8,274 posts, read 12,816,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Actually it is a hobby to some. But that is besides the point. It is a planned recreational act. Insurance is for the unexpected sickness or illness. Insurance
is for something you cant exactly plan on happening.

Babies come from SEX. Everyone knows that it can happen with out protection. Babies are NOT an illness, sickness, disaster. So preventing a pregnancy is not preventing what I just mentioned. You take the risk, YOU PAY for it. Why the hell should we pay for your willing act?

And again, with abortion and raising your kid....again, that is YOUR choice to engage in the act so YOU pay for raising the child.

And someone tell me who gave Obama the right to force companies to pay for something at no cost? Cost being something passed to everyone else through
higher premiums.

Should you not take this to the next level and not pay for food for the children, after all it was their choice to make them? Since people pay for their own UE guess that's ok, as is SS. But I'm thinking food stamps, medicaid, WIC and a variety of other programs need to end.... Yes?

Will it be ok if some of these kids die on the street? Will it be ok if they are turned into orphanages if people can't afford them?...hmmmm. maybe those should go by the wayside too along with Foster Care, you can't take care of them no one else should either...

Who is tasked with paying the burial expense? guess we could burn them, but still there is a cost associated with that. Want kids id'ed at birth so we know who is responsible for them and has to pay for ALL their expenses?

So is it an every mans an island society we want? Where no one pays for anything that is a social good? there goes the roads, libraries, arts, and so much more. But the OP can save their dollar or 2 so they can feel better they aren't supporting any aspect of someone else's sexual exploits....

BTW Obama has nothing to do with your last comment. not that it makes a difference as I suspect you blame him for all the woes.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
You're going to be paying for my mammogram soon too.
God help us all, Amen!!!!!! dependency is a serious illness left untreated will destroy the U.S. people are actually proud to be on the government dole. what a shame!!!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:31 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,852,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Should you not take this to the next level and not pay for food for the children, after all it was their choice to make them? Since people pay for their own UE guess that's ok, as is SS. But I'm thinking food stamps, medicaid, WIC and a variety of other programs need to end.... Yes?

Will it be ok if some of these kids die on the street? Will it be ok if they are turned into orphanages if people can't afford them?...hmmmm. maybe those should go by the wayside too along with Foster Care, you can't take care of them no one else should either...

Who is tasked with paying the burial expense? guess we could burn them, but still there is a cost associated with that. Want kids id'ed at birth so we know who is responsible for them and has to pay for ALL their expenses?

So is it an every mans an island society we want? Where no one pays for anything that is a social good? there goes the roads, libraries, arts, and so much more. But the OP can save their dollar or 2 so they can feel better they aren't supporting any aspect of someone else's sexual exploits....

BTW Obama has nothing to do with your last comment. not that it makes a difference as I suspect you blame him for all the woes.
Its highly ironic when one considers that the anti-BC crowd here is the same crowd that howls about food stamps, WIC, etc.
Amazing that they want their cake and eat it, too.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:33 AM

201 posts, read 468,289 times
I just read 12 pages and cant believe how many people think free BC is a right. When did it become a right. If you believe the goverment should not make a law that forces an insurance company to provide FREE BC, then you are accused of taking away women rights. The way I understand it most insurance comp understand the providing free BC is cheaper in the long run so the do provide it free. Its all about the gov forcing a private comp to give out something for free, why cant you people see that.
How about forcing insurance comp to provide free bike helmets. Would everyone be ok with that. Or how about free sunglasses or free sunscreen. How about free anything that a lot of people think are a necessity.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:38 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,724,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Sex is a recreational activity for many...
So is eating unhealthy. Should the consequences such as diabetes, cholesterol etc be not covered by health insurance?

May those who demand this idea, be the first to suffer the consequences of their demands.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I'm noticing a pattern in this country. The same people who support the GOP also support limiting or fully taking away womens and minority rights. They are for big profits for corporations and believe in low wages. They want poor people to have lots of children just like slave owners always wanted the best breeders. On here no matter what the topic is the same posters always go in the direction of low wages,limited rights and wage slaves.
what does giving away free birth control has to do with minorities? nobody is taking your right to birth control its there, allways been there always will be there!!! As long as you dont make me pay for it, have at it!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies