Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 09:40 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times

Advertisements

Sex insurance. It's so simple!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:49 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Sorry, I haven't read this whole thread. My feeling is that all prescriptions should be covered by insurance. Make them over the counter and they won't be as expensive. But they won't do that because prescriptions are much more expensive than over the counter. So who is making out here

Old 02-15-2012, 09:49 PM

30,304 posts, read 51,908,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Sex insurance. It's so simple!
There you go!

Of course, they'd STILL probably disapprove, and pretend they were somehow paying for it themselves... I swear, the way some of these people talk, you'd think they had the wealth (and generosity) of Bill Gates.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:10 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Tell that to adoptive parents.
My kids are adopted. Would I rather women not have abortions if they're faced with an unplanned pregnancy, and give their children to loving homes--absolutely. That's an entirely different situation than depriving them of birth control--you make it sound like women who can't afford birth control on their own should become forced breeders for people like me. That's sick on so many levels.

What is WRONG with some of you? I mean seriously--there's something twisted and just not right.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:21 PM

1,329 posts, read 831,490 times
Equating sex with a recreational act is typical of a crude patriarchal mindset. The OP will never, ever understand this.

I hope women who value their sanity (and any gay men too) stay far away from your bedroom.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:34 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
My kids are adopted. Would I rather women not have abortions if they're faced with an unplanned pregnancy, and give their children to loving homes--absolutely. That's an entirely different situation than depriving them of birth control--you make it sound like women who can't afford birth control on their own should become forced breeders for people like me. That's sick on so many levels.

What is WRONG with some of you? I mean seriously--there's something twisted and just not right.
doctrain

Edit Status

1,555 posts, read 210,747 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece
It's in societies best interst to prevent unwanted children from being born. It's just a fact you can't debate.

Tell that to adoptive parents.
[+] Rate this post positively

She didn't say "conceived." She said "born."

Old 02-15-2012, 11:38 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,030,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Sex is a recreational activity for many, act of love and more between those who love each other. Why the hell should birth control fall under something to be covered by an insurance company let alone be free(aka cost goes to everyone else)?

Should we then have vitamins covered? A round of golf? Heck, perhaps the cost of the chase to this said recreational activity, (door fee for club, drinks, dinner, movie, candy, gifts, etc) should be covered.

More importantly, health insurance is not for the expected, its for the unexpected sickness/illness. You know you want to or are going to have sex, how idiotic that your CHOICE to use birth control means someone else should pay for it. If you cant afford $20 a month or whatever else it costs to be safe, then find something else in your life to cut costs. Cut your cable, your smart phone data plan, junk food, smokes, alcohol, etc. So typical that the liberals want everyone else to pay for this.

Like others have said, this didnt just come out of no where. The liberals are playing their typical bs games trying to make it seem that conservatives want birth control to be banned.

The bottom line is that this is not a fricking health issue, its your personal recreational activity and it has no business in health coverage.
Certainly cheaper than paying for the babies.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:40 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,030,696 times
Oh, and BC is also used for health reasons.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:53 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Well, don't they believe in prayer being the better way than medicine?

They should provide insurance and take deductions and enjoy the benefits of extending such benefits to their employees. But when they go whining and bitching about having to do operate within laws while wanting to get the benefits provided by laws is where I have problems with... besides the idea of authoritarianism that an employee's health care issue be dictated, not by the insurance companies, the doctors and the patient, but by the whims of the religious gurus.
so your solution is for the church get out of providing ins. to its employees. that may well be the solution and is probably what the Obama administration wants. so that all those employees go on Obama care.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:59 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
My "believes?" LOL

You went totally off-topic, but since when has the government paid for car accidents and insurance? Again, I've always paid for my own car insurance, and I wasn't aware such a government-sponsored program even existed. Grasping at straws, are we?
I guess you realy have to be smart to understand it!! since when has the government had to pay for bc. or require some one else to pay bc for other people!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.