Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Limbaugh trollish
Yes, he even looks like one 51 78.46%
No 14 21.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 03:13 AM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times

Advertisements

Rushis what he is, a shill for the far right. He's good at what he does or he wouldn't have survived some of his personal problems or be so dominant. I don't listen to him because there are better talk radio shows out there.
Ed Shultz is a carbon copy of Rush and an even bigger shill for the far left. How anybody can buy his act is beyond me, but hatred and nastiness is extremely popular on the left. Look at Bill Maher, Gary Trudeau, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann, Laurence Odonnell, Chris Matthews, even creepy old David Letterman. Its also present on the farthest fringes of the far right with Anne Coulter.
But Rush is not a troll.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:27 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
No, he's a professional agitator of liberals using facts. To see he make your heads spin is great.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:55 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
My head isn't spinning; it would take much more than Limbaugh to do that. I live around people who think like Limbaugh; I grew up with them. Limbaugh somes from a distinguished family in Cape Girardeau, and was lucky to find a calling for someone clearly born without the genes for intellect and propriety.

[quote]
Rush Hudson Limbaugh III was born in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, the son of Mildred Carolyn "Millie" (née Armstrong) and Rush Hudson Limbaugh, Jr. His father was a lawyer and a U.S. fighter pilot who served in the China Burma India Theater of World War II. His mother was a native of Searcy, Arkansas. The name "Rush" was originally chosen for his grandfather to honor the maiden name of family member Edna Rush.[2]
His family has many lawyers, including his grandfather, father and brother David. His uncle, Stephen N. Limbaugh, Sr. is a Ronald Reagan-appointed federal judge in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. His cousin, Stephen N. Limbaugh, Jr., is currently a judge in the same court, appointed by George W. Bush. Rush Limbaugh, Sr., Limbaugh's grandfather was a Missouri prosecutor, judge, special commissioner, member of the Missouri House of Representatives from 1930 until 1932, and longtime president of the Missouri Historical Society.[3] The Federal Courthouse in Cape Girardeau is named for Limbaugh's grandfather.
Education and Vietnam draft

Limbaugh began his career in radio as a teenager in 1967 in his hometown of Cape Girardeau, using the name Rusty Sharpe.[2][4] Limbaugh graduated from Cape Girardeau, Missouri Central High School, in 1969. Because of his parents' desire to see him attend college, he enrolled in Southeast Missouri State University but left the school after two semesters and one summer. According to his mother, "he flunked everything", and "he just didn't seem interested in anything except radio. [end quote]

Rush Limbaugh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-15-2012, 04:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
No, he's a professional agitator of liberals using facts. To see he make your heads spin is great.
What percentage of Rush's listeners do you suppose are liberal or democrat or leaning left?
At a guess i'd say its less than 5% and thats being optimistic, so i'd say the amount of liberal head spinning he's causing is negligible,

Old 02-15-2012, 04:20 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Not in the strictest sense, but in the sense that he seems to engage in trollish activities, such as flaming. It seems like every comment he makes is meant to incite, which seems very trollish.

So is he a troll?
Yes. good post.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:27 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Lightbulb Is Rush Limbaugh essentially a professional troll?

To rational individuals, it's so obvious.

To his dittohead followers, he's a bigger hero than than even Dick Cheney. And those two share quite a few solid right wing credentials.

Saviors?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:30 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Not in the strictest sense, but in the sense that he seems to engage in trollish activities, such as flaming. It seems like every comment he makes is meant to incite, which seems very trollish.

So is he a troll?
In a world where Howard Stern is a millionaire because he talks about naked women on the air what do you suppose the goal is? If you guessed ratings and dollars you'd be correct. Rush is no different. He just chooses different subject matter.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:01 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What percentage of Rush's listeners do you suppose are liberal or democrat or leaning left?
At a guess i'd say its less than 5% and thats being optimistic, so i'd say the amount of liberal head spinning he's causing is negligible,
Was it a liberal or conservative who started this thread?

Old 02-15-2012, 08:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Lightbulb Is Rush Limbaugh essentially a professional troll?

I report. You decide.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:19 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
I am a conservative and think Rush is over the top. I don't listen to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies