Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the biggest threat to the future of the united states?
Radical Islamic terrorism 7 2.98%
illegal immigration 26 11.06%
Debt/ infation 72 30.64%
Corporate greed/ shrinking middle class 97 41.28%
failing education sytem 28 11.91%
Healthcare crisis/ unhealthy lifestyles 5 2.13%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 03:26 AM

994 posts, read 724,734 times

Advertisements

Iran is developing nuclear weapons. We're 15 trillion dollars in debt. China is ramping up their military and their economy could overtake America's by 2020. Egypt is talking about repudiating its peace treaty with Israel. Real unemployment is in double digits.

But the majority of you all here think the greatest threat to the future is corporate greed?

Really? With war clouds spreading throughout the middle east and the debt climbing past our gross national product, your primary concern for the future is how much profit IBM makes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 04:16 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Iran is developing nuclear weapons. We're 15 trillion dollars in debt. China is ramping up their military and their economy could overtake America's by 2020. Egypt is talking about repudiating its peace treaty with Israel. Real unemployment is in double digits.

But the majority of you all here think the greatest threat to the future is corporate greed?

Really? With war clouds spreading throughout the middle east and the debt climbing past our gross national product, your primary concern for the future is how much profit IBM makes?
All things bold deal with corporate greed.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:35 AM

3,022 posts, read 2,272,347 times

Old 02-17-2012, 06:14 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
History taught by left wing teachers with a liberal agenda.
Hee. My high school history teacher was a Vietnam vet and as conservative and pro-military-industrial as you could get.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:17 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Panic- fear - and losing personal confidence are the biggest threat...If a person BELIEVES..than that belief in the system keeps the system alive...Money for all intent and purpose has become...a religion - there is little reality and substance in our monitary system - it's a belief system - YOU start to believe that there will be a depression - there will be - once the human spirit is driven into the ground - depression results - mental and fiscal.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:20 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Norris is just a stupid old man now...Have you seen the up dated commerical the guy has out? He looks like a faded old dog with glassy clouded eyes....don't people realize that even heros get old ? To pass him off as some tough guy at this point is a joke...He's a ricketty old man ...his day is over...and youthful photos don't cut it - in the real world.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:37 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
what's the biggest threat to the future of the United states.
OBAMA and his his hirelings
because of this hack, his outrageous spending
his off the wall, "health care"
his self-worship, he has helped to bring our country to its knees
he is by far the worst problem we have!
I have been voting since McGovern
when I stood in line at age 18
why did I vote for him? because he was going to legalize pot!
My husband and his band used to play to help fund him
" Do a Number for George"
I have voted democrat ever since, not paying any attention to politics
I was wanting Hillary to win, but refused to vote for Obama after I paid so close attention to him and his cut throat ways
since he has been president I am shocked at where our country has fallen
too!
Even to him not supporting poor kids in DC for the voucher program!!
I thought at least he would stand for the very kids that his kids went to school with!!
But, oh hell no
he chose the TEACHERS UNION!
This scumbag has sunk so low as to do this to little kids
what a MF!!
This morning I head HOW many MILLIONS he has raised for HIM!!
And he screams at the rich!
What a low life
so, OBAMA is the worst threat, him and the hacks that kiss his ass

Old 02-17-2012, 06:42 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post

yes, can you believe it!
the folks have bought this hack's lies
along with the media honking it night and day
just like in other third world countries!
Every day I look around and get sicker in my heart
good grief!!
they are follow jim jones and refuse to own it!

Old 02-17-2012, 06:52 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
The biggest threat to the future of the United States is, without any doubt, the Democrat Party.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:39 PM

33,548 posts, read 18,143,148 times
The liberal media telling people what to think . They always give an opinion that is slanted far left. Take notice all you democrats out there. See how the media tells you what to think .

Also notice if some guest on the program talks about the problems Obama has.. they will be cut off and the subject changed. I see this all the time.

People don't even know what is going on with our deficit and the spin to favor Obama is always there.

I am so tired of hearing Obama singing, now do you think it would be cool if Abraham Lincoln sang a song of Al Green? Now the media thinks it is cool to have a president singing of all things, but can't create jobs or even act presidential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies