Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the biggest threat to the future of the united states?
Radical Islamic terrorism 7 2.98%
illegal immigration 26 11.06%
Debt/ infation 72 30.64%
Corporate greed/ shrinking middle class 97 41.28%
failing education sytem 28 11.91%
Healthcare crisis/ unhealthy lifestyles 5 2.13%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:33 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
what's the biggest threat to the future of the United states.
You missed the biggest threat to the WORLD. Over reaching US policies to enslave the world, and gut the freedom of the American people. Patriot ACT and the NDAA will be and has been used against American Citizens.

The US gov't has trampled the US Constitution and created an atmosphere for World Wars.

Typing this sends the Dept. of Homeland Security surveillance systems scouring personal information looking for American patriots that push back against the machine.

WE ARE NOT A FREE PEOPLE ANYMORE.

We have the illusion of freedom, and as long as the US Gov't thinks it's their job to keep us SAFE & SECURE....WE ARE NEITHER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 09:40 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
In before the teabaggers respond, I'll make it easy for them so they don't have to type

Obama
I thought the teabaggers LOVED Obungle.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:08 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
what's the biggest threat to the future of the United states.
The one not mentioned in the poll: good ole American ignorance.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:14 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,802 times
This is more of a problem than a threat, but: Government spending MAAD money on stupid, pointless bs.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:30 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,741,554 times
I was going to say Corporate Greed/Shrinking Middle Class, but I'll just say Conservatism/Libertarianism/Anarchism (which sums everything up).

Old 02-19-2012, 02:06 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times
Why isn't Republicans an option?

Old 02-19-2012, 02:33 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
You're not looking past the show the politicians are putting....

Who is producing and paying for this show, who is deciding which candidates get their piece of speech (money, for you) that enables them to run.

Everything that you did not like about the government is what these wealthy elite has given you. They control the economy, the government, the media and just about everything. If you don't like what you see, government wide, you need to break the tie between money and politics. Corporations aren't people and money isn't speech.
Actually, to clarify. BIG CORP/BIG GOV are a giant life sucking machine. Those big corps got that way by big govt so it isn't one way or the other. You can say the corps own gov or the govt owns corps if you look at CAFRs, but they are just two diff sides of corporate fascism. Certainly the wealthy elite are playing their part for sure.

I have to laugh, looking at the lists, I think we may have created our own "extremists" list maybe we can have them all rounded up by the govt's own definitions.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:28 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
becuz the left vs right, dems vs reps is a false dynamic. It is a side show to keep people occupied. The latest opiate for the masses. If we keep fighting among ourselves the uber wealthy continue to skim off their take and loot the treasury.

I did a search the other day of the uber wealthy's toys. The million dollar pens, the $300 million yachts, the trillion dollar homes.... Amazing stuff. In the middle of this search I discovered what might be the mist costly home on earth.

In the Swiss Alps they recently built a home, the cost to just build this thing was $15.5 billion....

$15,500,000,000 for a house. WTF, we have much of the world living in squalor and someone has the grapefruits to waste that much on an ego trip. Hope he has a nice view.... Would want him seeing how everyone else lives.

I saw the Perkins guy that built the $200 million Maltese Falcon sailboat yacht the other day. When the reporter ask what it cost to build he said he was embarrassed because it was built for ego and he knows the money could have helped so many....

Poor guy, he lost $50 million on that ego trip.

But, to you it is a left vs right thing....

Old 02-19-2012, 05:53 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
That would be only 1/2 the problem.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:07 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
becuz the left vs right, dems vs reps is a false dynamic. It is a side show to keep people occupied. The latest opiate for the masses. If we keep fighting among ourselves the uber wealthy continue to skim off their take and loot the treasury.

I did a search the other day of the uber wealthy's toys. The million dollar pens, the $300 million yachts, the trillion dollar homes.... Amazing stuff. In the middle of this search I discovered what might be the mist costly home on earth.

In the Swiss Alps they recently built a home, the cost to just build this thing was $15.5 billion....

$15,500,000,000 for a house. WTF, we have much of the world living in squalor and someone has the grapefruits to waste that much on an ego trip. Hope he has a nice view.... Would want him seeing how everyone else lives.

I saw the Perkins guy that built the $200 million Maltese Falcon sailboat yacht the other day. When the reporter ask what it cost to build he said he was embarrassed because it was built for ego and he knows the money could have helped so many....

Poor guy, he lost $50 million on that ego trip.

But, to you it is a left vs right thing....
Please provide a link to your 15 billion dollar home.

Quote:
It's officially the world's most expensive home coming in at $1, 011,000,000 dollars or 630,000,000 pounds. Forbes has a great slideshow, an almost 'virtual tour' of the home here.
Left Coast Rebel: (PICTURES) Indian Home World's First Billion Dollar House

you couldn't pay me to live in this place!!!
So I take it that you think rich people are our biggest threat, buzz?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies