U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 PM

8,949 posts, read 11,431,935 times

Advertisements

Liberal here. Love Apple. Also love jetBlue, Delta and Tumi.

Why do some conservatives seethe at the very mention of Apple? One of the most successful examples of technological advancement, business success and entrepreneurial spirit there is to be found... It was founded in a garage!

Yet they seethe-- They write screeds about it. Shouldn't they be praising it to high heaven?

Is it simply because liberals seem to gravitate towards the products? Is it because they don't produce cheap crap and pump it in to the market place anyway they can?

Please explain this one to me...

If you're answer is "Well liberals hate corporations... so blah, blah.. " please just leave. Liberals don't hate corporations... Most of just (1) Don't think they are people with rights and (2) think they should pay their fare share. So PLEASE, don't go to that stupidity.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-15-2012, 03:17 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,036,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post

Why do some conservatives seethe at the very mention of Apple? One of the most successful examples of technological advancement, business success and entrepreneurial spirit there is to be found... It was founded in a garage!

Yet they seethe-- They write screeds about it. Shouldn't they be praising it to high heaven?

Is it simply because liberals seem to gravitate towards the products? Is it because they don't produce cheap crap and pump it in to the market place anyway they can?

If you're answer is "Well liberals hate corporations... so blah, blah.. " please just leave. Liberals don't hate corporations... Most of just (1) Don't think they are people with rights and (2) think they should pay their fare share. So PLEASE, don't go to that stupidity.
You start a thread based on "conservatives hate apple" then say if anybody answers "liberals hate corporations" to leave. Yeah that makes sense. Go play with your marbles.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:21 PM

31,082 posts, read 19,429,466 times
Why Do Some Conservatives Hate Apple?

Same reasons that some liberals hate Apple.

Same reasons that some women hate Apple.

Same reasons that some Hispanics hate Apple.

Same reasons that some Jews hate Apple.

Hating a company has nothing to do with political leaning.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:23 PM

29,984 posts, read 41,166,637 times
Default Does the OP have a clue about that which she/he posts?

comments in blue
Quote:

Yet they seethe-- They write screeds about it. Shouldn't they be praising it to high heaven? Why? The largest most cash rich corporation in the world (More cash flush than the US Treasury) fails to offer investors dividend returns while simultaneously making billionaires via stock options for its executives.

Is it simply because liberals seem to gravitate towards the products? (Since when did techology products project political affiliations?) Is it because they don't produce cheap crap and pump it in to the market place anyway they can?(Don't they? What do you call Chinese sweat shops with suicide nets? I thought Progressives were supposed to be commpassionate?)

If you're answer is "Well liberals hate corporations... so blah, blah.. " please just leave. Liberals don't hate corporations... Most of just (1) Don't think they are people with rights and (2) think they should pay their fare share.(How does Apple pay its fair share in taxes while keeping its profits overseas rather than repatriating them?) So PLEASE, don't go to that stupidity.
Links to your assertions OP?

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 02-15-2012 at 03:33 PM..

Old 02-15-2012, 03:23 PM

994 posts, read 694,064 times
Quote:

What are you talking about? What conservatives hate Apple? Where are these "screeds"?

Old 02-15-2012, 03:27 PM

57,038 posts, read 33,104,815 times
I don't love any corporation, and i only hate the ones that behave badly.

Not that i'm trying to anthropomorphize corporations, but i think folks know what i mean.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:32 PM

12,915 posts, read 17,624,340 times
Because Steve Jobs was not a Christian?

Old 02-15-2012, 03:34 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,096,273 times
Bored liberal here. This thread makes no sense.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:36 PM

8,694 posts, read 5,229,564 times
I love Apple (currently about $500 a share.)

Old 02-15-2012, 03:37 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,004,679 times
Almost all consumer technology is made by a handful of original design manufacturers:

Compal
Quanta
Wistron
Inventec
Pegatron
Foxconn
Flextronics
Elitegroup

Apple, Dell, Lenovo, Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc. all have their products made by those companies. There's absolutely zero difference among them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.