Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 07:46 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
The part that gets me--some of these same people were sure that the government was going to kill grandma by setting up a process where doctors had a conversation with elderly patients about their end of life wishes. Now they think it's ok to MANDATE an invasive, unnecessary medical procedure just because they want it done? Are they serious? Really?
I'm sorry, but this invasion is rape.
Not directed at you, mb, but I know how that feels.
My government will never legally and physically rape me.
I would die first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 08:39 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
The hypocrisy of so called "small government conservatives" makes me sick.
No hypocrisy. Conservatives are for smaller government. We are not for NO government and we realize that there are some legitimate functions of government. One of those functions is to protect life. Whether it is protecting a convenience store owner from a would-be murderer or protecting an unborn baby for a would-be infantacidal abortionist it is still protecting life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Public opinion has not turned against them. In the case of the Virginia state government, they got just about an equal amount of Dems and Repubs in the state government. They got ONE more republican (finally) and that one is used for the tie breaking vote. They hardly have the majority behind them. They have that one vote needed to ram stuff through. They are using it. The backlash against them on the next election will not be pretty. It's a shame they overreach.
I was referring to national polling on the issue.
More Americans

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm sorry, but this invasion is rape.
Not directed at you, mb, but I know how that feels.
My government will never legally and physically rape me.
I would die first.
So an ultrasound is rape but sticking a vacuum cleaner inside you to snuff out a life is not? Please.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:54 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
I was referring to national polling on the issue.
More Americans
This is a much more recent survey, also from Gallup:

Thus, only 20% of Americans think that abortion should not be legal. 77% believe it should be legal at least under some circumstances.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:00 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
So an ultrasound is rape but sticking a vacuum cleaner inside you to snuff out a life is not? Please.
Let's have someone stick something up you that you don't want to have stuck up yourself.
Once you're raped, you can come back and talk to me.
Until then, you have nothing to say.

What part of against my will do you not understand?

Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
77% believe it should be legal at least under some circumstances.
Yes, and that circumstance would be only if it was a choice between saving the child or the mother.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 AM

840 posts, read 781,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
And if your parents had felt like you?
To bad they didn't...

Old 02-16-2012, 09:21 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
So did marriage.
Well if you would like to change the definition of murder you are more then welcome to lobby for it.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:46 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Where do you see this?

Government intruded in the abortion issue in the first place, when the court found a "right" to kill your in utero baby.

The pro-abortion monsters at Planned Parenthood are terrified women will change their mind and keep/adopt instead of kill their baby.

See, uneducated women have been told for years and years that what they are ripping to shreds is not really a baby, not really human...just a clump of cells.

An ultrasound will shoot that to all heck.

Besides, they can choose to not have the ultrasound by going to another state that doesn't require it.
Someone clearly missed the point of the OP.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:48 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Someone clearly missed the point of the OP.
They always do.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:56 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Don't be deliberately obtuse. If there wasn't any purpose to the ultrasound, then anti-life people wouldn't fight against it so hard. If they announced you had to have an extra ultrasound from now on before having an appendectomy would there be a discussion about it here? Of course not. You liberals see it as a threat to abortion on demand or you wouldn't bother commenting on it. So don't pretend you're completely mystified about the whole thing.

And what kind of ultrasound would one have before an appendectomy?
I'm betting it wouldn't be transvaginal or transrectal.

Talk about being obtuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies