Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 04:17 PM

840 posts, read 781,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
God could I get an intelligent response. Put aside you religious zealotry. The question is, should the state dictate a medical procedure and a specific one at that? Do you even know what a transvaginal ultrasound is. A totally unneccessary procedure over a regular ultrasound.

I suppose, though, if you are big government, and you like them micromanaging everything then, sure, you're okay with this? I think we should give the father of the fetus a rectal ultrasound so we can unneccessarily get a look at his prostate gland.
I am not religious actually. Just don't seeing babies being murdered by irresponsible moron's who can't close their legs or use a condom.Oh and I am not a big government person. I believe in small government but I also believe in state's rights and the sanctity of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
and will rightly be challenged for being unconstitutional

sinec no child is being murdered, the harassment of the woman is uncessary and unwaranted

Yes, of course contraceptives are 100% effective.
Well that is the state's right to rule on it themselves...Actually a child would be murdered...no they are not 100% but they do reduce the chance of pregnancy greatly.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:18 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
I am not religious actually. Just don't seeing babies being murdered by irresponsible moron's who can't close their legs or use a condom.
whatever.
Abortion occurs due to many factors. Its not always because they "can't close their legs".

BTW, a fetus is not a baby. There are different terms for a reason.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:20 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Requiring a woman to be informed before making her choice (to kill her baby) is not an unreasonable demand. The pro-abortion crowd is upset that public opinion has finally turned against them. Thay is why they want to turn the topic from abortion to contraception. No one is going to take the bait on that, despite the pushing of the liberal media.
The hypocrisy of so called "small government conservatives" makes me sick. They want a small government everywhere except forcing people to live by the Christian equivalent of Sharia law, forcing a woman to undergo an invasive vaginal ultrasound. I guarantee if men could get pregnant, you'd have abortion booths at every mall in America

Old 02-15-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
I really don't understand what a policy like this is supposed to accomplish. Guilt women into changing there minds? For me personally, that wouldn't do a damn thing to change my mind. I've seen ultrasound pictures before. I already know what's in there, which is why I'd be aborting it.
Try not being lazy and use protection. I am glad you are such a cold person you can murder your own baby.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
whatever.
Abortion occurs due to many factors. Its not always because they "can't close their legs".

BTW, a fetus is not a baby. There are different terms for a reason.
Your opinion.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:22 PM

994 posts, read 724,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
God could I get an intelligent response. Put aside you religious zealotry. The question is, should the state dictate a medical procedure and a specific one at that? Do you even know what a transvaginal ultrasound is. A totally unneccessary procedure over a regular ultrasound.

I suppose, though, if you are big government, and you like them micromanaging everything then, sure, you're okay with this? I think we should give the father of the fetus a rectal ultrasound so we can unneccessarily get a look at his prostate gland.
He gave you the proper response. The fact that it isn't "intelligent" to you just goes to show you are only looking for confirmation of bias, not actual discussion.

The intent of the ultrasound is so the woman will see what she is killing. That's it. If it really is nothing but a mass of tissue, then you should have no problem with it. The abortion is a lifelong decision. The ultrasound doesn't hurt the woman at all and gives her additional information with which to make her decision. There is simply no legitimate grounds upon which to protest it. If you were honest about it all being in support of women, then you'd fully suport the ultrasound as an aid in making an informed decision.

Objecting to it on the grounds that it is an unnecessary procedure is absurd given the fact that abortion on demand is itself an unnecessary procedure.

Your position on the issue absolutely depends on dehumanizing the fetus. The real reason you object is because if she sees it, she may decide not to do it. You know that's true. If that happens enough times, it might start to affect public opinion about whether a fetus should be considered a living being instead of just an inconvenient mass of cells. You can't have that or you lose the national discussion outright. The moment people in general see the fetus in terms of a living organism rather than in terms of a tumor, you lose and you know it.

By the way, if you don't want replies that disagree with you, then don't post in the "Controversies" forum. Make sense?

Old 02-15-2012, 04:23 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
They want to scare women away from the procedure and put up roadblocks, I get it, but a transvaginal ultrasound is totally unnecessary. Unfortunately the whole "fetal personhood" bill, which declares that a fertilized egg is a person, would have an enormous impact on all womens healthcare since most don't even know if they are pregnant until a certain point. It would basically mean that invasive pregnancy tests will be required before prescribing meds or performing other procedures...

I know these bills have 'advanced' but I doubt this will ever happen, despite the blustering. Mankind can't be this fracking stupid.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:34 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
They want to scare women away from the procedure and put up roadblocks, I get it, but a transvaginal ultrasound is totally unnecessary. Unfortunately the whole "fetal personhood" bill, which declares that a fertilized egg is a person, would have an enormous impact on all womens healthcare since most don't even know if they are pregnant until a certain point. It would basically mean that invasive pregnancy tests will be required before prescribing meds or performing other procedures...

I know these bills have 'advanced' but I doubt this will ever happen, despite the blustering. Mankind can't be this fracking stupid.
It appears that it IS that fracking stupid. All this from the same guys who are afraid to get a prostate exam. They should try a transvaginal probe. Those things are BIG. Also, they don't give you any foreplay when they insert one, just a bit of KY.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:37 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Requiring a woman to be informed before making her choice (to kill her baby) is not an unreasonable demand. The pro-abortion crowd is upset that public opinion has finally turned against them. Thay is why they want to turn the topic from abortion to contraception. No one is going to take the bait on that, despite the pushing of the liberal media.
I get that position. What I don't get is the need for a transvaginal ultrasound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies