Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 02:54 PM

18,722 posts, read 33,385,615 times

Advertisements

I think the transvaginal part was introduced so when it is "reduced" to only an abdominal ultrasound requirement, people are supposed to jump up and down with joy at the "improvement." It's like where I grew up. Developers wanted to put in a big apartment complex, people didn't want it built. Developers announced that they were going to build a big apartment complex for poor people (read: Puerto Ricans and blacks from Camden) and suddenly everyone is thrilled to have a big apartment complex without the poor people.
Seriously, can a state legislate a medical procedure? Aren't there "reasonable practice" guidelines in the AMA and other regulatory agencies?
Oh, and regarding the "blob of cells" or "three-inch gilled fish" or whatever, it has a parasitic relationship with my body until it can live on its own. I am not just some vessel. It is part of my body in a parasitic relationship and I have every right to decide what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 02:54 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
and will be challenged if signed in to law. all these lawmakers are doing is passing and knowingly unconstitutional laws. so that they can get it before a Supreme court, and hoping the SC will overturn Roe v Wade.

Yes, the eroding of womens' reproductive rights starts now.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:10 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
Aaaaaaaaaannnndd

Quote:
Virginia governor signs bill to require abdominal ultrasound before abortion.
Hurray for government forced medical procedures!

... Not.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:13 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Aaaaaaaaaannnndd

Hurray for government forced medical procedures!

... Not.

I love small government.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:32 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times
Now, is this medical procedure included in the list of "women's reproductive rights;" the ones that should be paid for by the Catholic University according to the Georgetown activist, Sandra Fluke?

Old 03-07-2012, 02:32 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Now, is this medical procedure included in the list of "women's reproductive rights;" the ones that should be paid for by the Catholic University according to the Georgetown activist, Sandra Fluke?
I'm thinking if the state demands it be done, the state should foot the bill.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:33 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Are you interested in debating abortion, ultrasounds, or Sandra Fluke?

Old 03-07-2012, 02:35 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Agreed.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:15 PM

994 posts, read 724,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I think the transvaginal part was introduced so when it is "reduced" to only an abdominal ultrasound requirement, people are supposed to jump up and down with joy at the "improvement."
No. It's already that way. The actual bill calls for a transvaginal procedure only if a regular procedure is unable to detect a heartbeat.

It's just typical liberal tactics, taking only the transvaginal one and pretending it is the norm so they can argue against how invasive it is.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:21 PM

994 posts, read 724,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I see no reason for that. Many procedures require tests beforehand and the state doesn't pay for those tests. This is no different. You want an abortion, you pay for the whole process. Your body, your choice, your bill. I'm not paying for any part of your abortion out of my taxes. You had the sex, you pay for the consequences. I don't see why I should pay for your irresponsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies