Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 08:05 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,959,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Im just repeating what was said on tv.
No you're not, you're taking it for granted as established fact and passing value judgment on traders ("scumbags") accordingly. "Speculators" can't just bid up the price of a commodity at will and laugh all the way to the bank; otherwise they'd do it all the time and prices would never come down. You also seem to forget that for every winner in commodities speculation, there's a loser on the other end of the transaction -- in other words, it's a zero-sum game. Since you refuse to learn about how commodity trading works, keep your judgments to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 09:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama doesn't care how much we pay for gas. He wants to push his green agenda on us . We are suppose to cut down on driving or use electric, solar or wind cars and that will make him happy. Of course we can't transition into this overnight but Obama wants it now. He wants 10 a gallon gas and he doesn't care who has to pay it or what hardships there will be on the American people. And the American people are dumb enough to vote for Obama?
And look what this guy wanted us to do!

Bush Oil Leak - YouTube

Old 02-26-2012, 06:45 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,978,332 times
My bro in colo paid $3.19.9 today & i paid $4.25.9 today. How much of that is taxes ?

Old 11-05-2012, 10:10 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,003,688 times
Do they still want us to believe that gas prices go up due to demand? Why can't we remove the Futures market? It's what is driving the prices so high. Gas prices go down 20 cents to 3.54 and they think we should be excited over this? Gas should be no more than $2/gal. We have so much crude we ship it out? WHY? Ok, I know why but can't someone in Congress or even the POTUS put a stop to this?

Old 11-05-2012, 10:24 AM

20,112 posts, read 16,092,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
My bro in colo paid $3.19.9 today & i paid $4.25.9 today. How much of that is taxes ?
And how much of it is California regulations? It always makes me giggle a little when some package reads "This product contains cancer causing agents in California." I mean, what is it about California that makes things cause cancer there but not elsewhere? Just kidding, seriously, California has some of the most stringent regulations in the nation and that impacts cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies