Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 05:24 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

"President Obama's border enforcement officials prevented over 13,000 dangerous hair dryers from entering the country, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) trumpeted today...CBP seized the hair dryers at the ports of Los Angeles (9,768 hair dryers) and Miami (3,614) because they "lacked shock protection for consumers" in the event of the hair dryers' immersion in water. "

DHS: 'CBP Stops Thousands of Unsafe Hair Dryers' | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

Way to go, President Obama! What's next on the list, potato chips running across the border and cracker jacks hiding in cargo ships?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 05:28 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Gee, if they could only use that same determination and diligence against Illegal aliens........

This government is so damn backwards and idiotic sometimes.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:33 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,182 times
So they let illegals in but confiscate their hairdryers ? Errr what?

Old 02-16-2012, 05:34 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,068 times
I'm sure if some kid died from a faulty hair dryer, you would be the first to blame Obama for that, too.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:50 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Not a single member of my family was killed by a hair dryer since Obama took office.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:51 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
So they let illegals in but confiscate their hairdryers ? Errr what?
Actually,THAT wouldn't suprise me in the least.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:56 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
I hate to say it but we are not going to win the battle on illegal immigration. Just this past week, it was decided that some illegals here in CT who were caught in what someone thought was an "illegal" raid, are now going to get PAID thousands of dollars and will NOT be deported. Unfriggingbelievable! Most people arent happy about it but hey, since when do US citizens have a say in the illegal immigration battle.....

But thank God we can keep the illegal hairdryers out. If you see what is happening is there any wonder that our future is not bright, yet rather a bit scary? If we dont stop some of this idiocy, madness, and corruption we are really going to be screwed as a nation before too long.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I favor keeping dangerous appliances, like ungrounded hair dryers, out of circulation in this country. These are generally used near water and, if you are not careful, can KILL the unsuspecting. I put this down as a good catch.

We do not keep legal immigrants out of the country because the people that operate behind the scenes make money importing and exploiting these people. Too many seemingly legitimate businesses depend on what amounts to debt enslaved labor for their profits. The workers should be welcomed and given a chance at becoming citizens and the employers put out of business and jailed for using slave labor.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:12 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
It's just one more 'protect-the-terminally-stupid' act.
I prefer blow-drying my hair while taking a shower...it saves so much time.
Can anyone seriously visualize a situation where one would encounter handling a blow dryer that's submersed in water just because it's used in a room with plumbing?

Old 02-16-2012, 06:25 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I favor keeping dangerous appliances, like ungrounded hair dryers, out of circulation in this country. These are generally used near water and, if you are not careful, can KILL the unsuspecting. I put this down as a good catch.

We do not keep legal immigrants out of the country because the people that operate behind the scenes make money importing and exploiting these people. Too many seemingly legitimate businesses depend on what amounts to debt enslaved labor for their profits. The workers should be welcomed and given a chance at becoming citizens and the employers put out of business and jailed for using slave labor.
C'mon. Do you think it's the job of Homeland Security?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies