Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:19 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Illegal drone attacks continue against Pakistan. Killing innocent people while hunting supposed enemies.

Since when are we at war with Pakistan?

Can't wait till they start using the drones against American citizens.

US missile strike kills 6 people in NW Pakistan - Yahoo! News
Well them there Pakistanis were harboring that there Bin Larden fella for many years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 09:19 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Here is another perspective.

Drone attacks?Only 14 Terrorist killed and more than 700 civilians killed?2% terrorist and 98% civilian? - Yahoo! Answers

Old 02-19-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Well them there Pakistanis were harboring that there Bin Larden fella for many years.
No kidding, I'm surprised the POWER's didn't Nuke the whole nation for that.

The millions of children in Pakistan should have been held accountable for what their leaders have done.

Even if the CIA created this monster. It's still the women and children that should pay... (for those that think i'm serious).

I think that the US foreign policy of KILL Women and Children first.. then their own creations. Needs to be revisited.

That is unless we want to keep creating people that hate us, with good cause.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:38 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
No kidding, I'm surprised the POWER's didn't Nuke the whole nation for that.

The millions of children in Pakistan should have been held accountable for what their leaders have done.

Even if the CIA created this monster. It's still the women and children that should pay... (for those that think i'm serious).

I think that the US foreign policy of KILL Women and Children first.. then their own creations. Needs to be revisited.

That is unless we want to keep creating people that hate us, with good cause.
When we used to win wars this is the way we played the game.......Just ask Grandpa about bombing Germany and Japan into the stone age...Kill them all then rebiuld the place as we want it to be!!!

Old 02-19-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
When we used to win wars this is the way we played the game.......Just ask Grandpa about bombing Germany and Japan into the stone age...Kill them all then rebiuld the place as we want it to be!!!
Our future is looking pretty grim.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:54 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Our future is looking pretty grim.

Yes, our future looks pretty grim. Not because we kill innocents, but because we've forgotten how to win wars.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:04 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Quote:
If you trade security for freedom, you will end up with neither ~ (some founding father), i think Jefferson

WE are at a time, when Freedom will be lost forever, if we don't start to speak up and assert our "God given" rights to speech, property, happiness, and liberty.

Acting like bullies of the world, hiding behind our technology to kill innocence, is not my idea of a honorable peace loving people.

BTW: WE trained and created Bin Laden, Saddam, Qaddafi, and every other CIA operative.
I admit its a dilemma. Theoretical arguments are one thing, but today we are threatened and our existence is in jeopardy. That been said, mistakes were made on our part as well. Not every civil right can (and should) be eliminated arbitrarily.
As for Bin Laden/Saddam, so what? Once they turned against us, they should be eliminated. Qaddafi is a different story and I don't think we should have intervened, in the name of any Arab "spring". Nobody has any idea who controls today Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Yemen, etc. and I would let them solve their problems without our "advice".
Honorable peace? I'll take survival and deterrence over that every day in our world. I guess you grew up in an American/ western collage and your opinions were formed in the library, not on the battlefield.
My opinion is - treat each case individually, without a "blanket policy". One size does not fit all.
Back to the OP: hysterical posts like that make me uncomfortable, no matter form which side they arrive. The US is not at war with Pakistan (yet) and drones are not bombing US citizens in America.

Last edited by oberon_1; 02-19-2012 at 03:15 PM..

Old 02-19-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yes, our future looks pretty grim. Not because we kill innocents, but because we've forgotten how to win wars.

All modern wars are contrived for profit.

Other Sovereign Nations have goals in their countries too. It's not right that we make them our "Interests" and conform them to our banking systems at the point of a Missile, drone, or rifle. The greed of man is far to dangerous to let go unchecked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies