Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 05:03 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,331,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Again, these applicants passed the TEST.
Again, other people had HIGHER SCORES.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 05:06 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,526,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Spin this any way you want. Blacks are being given jobs ahead of more qualified candidates because they're black. Blacks are being awarded damages because candidates were hired that were better qualified than them. Why are the blacks being awarded damages? Because they're black. End of story.....

Where? When. Name the Company and Person. Come on, you made the claim, now back it up. No where in this article or decision did it say anything about affirmative action. YOU CAN ATTEMPT to spin it into the typical Ignorance you have been known to do.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
They scored above 65 but not above 89. The dept hired those that scored above 89.
The ones below 89 are now hired.

What about a White guy that scored 88 ?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:34 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,053,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Stupid firefighters. Yeah buddy...that's what we need! Thank you Liberalism for your AMAZING FORESIGHT!

The resentment will be palpable......and the ire towards these new-hires 100% deserved.
It doesn't take to much sense at all to be a FF...that being said I think the taxpayers of Chicago should be up in arms over this crap....quotas are horsecrap shoved down everyone's throats and instead of basing hiring on ability or qualifications,it uses nothing but the race or gender card.

My wife was next in line for a position at IL DOC by her own testing and qualifications...she was informed that a black woman with a MUCH lower overall score got her job due to the quota/extra points alotted.

I abhor that chit and it makes me fighting mad.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Where? When. Name the Company and Person. Come on, you made the claim, now back it up. No where in this article or decision did it say anything about affirmative action. YOU CAN ATTEMPT to spin it into the typical Ignorance you have been known to do.
Denial.....not just a river in Egypt. Face the facts. You might find it refreshing.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:06 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,526,234 times
Quote:
Denial.....not just a river in Egypt. Face the facts. You might find it refreshing.
You can't thought so. No, I'll deal with reality and FACTS. You made a claim but can't back it up. Ignorance is not refreshing its just pathetic. Come back whwn you can back uo your claim.. Poor thing.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:14 AM

Quote:
You can't thought so. No, I'll deal with reality and FACTS. You made a claim but can't back it up. Ignorance is not refreshing its just pathetic. Come back whwn you can back uo your claim.. Poor thing.
My claim is that blacks are being hired by the Chicago FD ahead of more qualified candidates because they are black. There's no need to back it up. It's in the article in the OP. You can keep spinning all day long, call people ignorant and poor thing, and it won't change this fact at all. It's unfortunate that you're butt hurt by reality. Blacks are getting special treatment because they're black when they are less qualified than other candidates. Why can't you acknowledge reality?

Old 02-17-2012, 05:29 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,741,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Are you are assuming the test was the only criteria for assuming who was qualified? Almost assuredly, there was a test of physical fitness that went along with that. Likely, all of the candidates passed as "qualified". But I see your point. If the aptitude test has a "high qualified" score...did the physical test have an "highly qualified" score?

Likely, they had a pool of candidates that had similar physical fitness scores and the only differentiation was their aptitude scores.

Aptitude scores, like IQ scores, are the most reliable predictor of success in careers as defined by Western norms. As compared to other means of evaluating candidates.
IQ may be the problem, so at that juncture, what is the solution? For my money, I would want the candidate who is at least reletively physically fit and has a little on the ball intellegent wise. This type of job that requires quick thinking and having great agility. I you have one without the other, then you absolutley do not fit the bill.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:34 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,053,243 times
Quote:
My claim is that blacks are being hired by the Chicago FD ahead of more qualified candidates because they are black. There's no need to back it up. It's in the article in the OP. You can keep spinning all day long, call people ignorant and poor thing, and it won't change this fact at all. It's unfortunate that you're butt hurt by reality. Blacks are getting special treatment because they're black when they are less qualified than other candidates. Why can't you acknowledge reality?
I agree with you Rick and the folks that suffer are the TAXPAYERS as usual.

AA,set asides and quotas have cost us as taxpayers an unbelievable amount of money over the years with horrible employees,shoddy workmanship that has to be redone at TAXPAYERS expense etc etc.

Do away with all of it,this is America where you live by YOUR merits.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:37 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I agree with you Rick and the folks that suffer are the TAXPAYERS as usual.

AA,set asides and quotas have cost us as taxpayers an unbelievable amount of money over the years with horrible employees,shoddy workmanship that has to be redone at TAXPAYERS expense etc etc.

Do away with all of it,this is America where you live by YOUR merits.
But the quotas themselves is akin to lowering the bar in order to achieve diversity.

So lower the bar to achieve diversity and then claim what ?
A false sense of achievement, that's what.

The most glaring example is K-12 education where EVERYONE is a winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies