Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:51 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Try reading the whole Stars & Stripes article; the Fox article is really only a snippet. For your information:

They are out of their units during pregnancy, and, up til recently, did not have proper PT training that they could do. All Army PT is not suitable for pregnant women, or during the immediate postpartum period. In the Stars & Stripes article, it says that pregnant soldiers were allowed to sleep in rather than do PT because there was so much of it they could not safely (or physically) do. They still need to keep in shape, though, so that they can return to active duty.
What we have a shortage of female instructors?? This seems awfully stupid to expect men to even know, even if they're wearing this. Let men be men and if women are having babies during a war, there's something wrong with this picture.

Sounds more like wussification of men. It's like seeing a male gynecologist, if you have to go to school to know the womens body....... no thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 08:55 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What we have a shortage of female instructors?? This seems awfully stupid to expect men to even know, even if they're wearing this. Let men be men and if women are having babies during a war, there's something wrong with this picture.

Sounds more like wussification of men. It's like seeing a male gynecologist, if you have to go to school to know the womens body....... no thank you!!
You train the instructors you've got. No, not every unit that has female soldiers will have female instructors.

And, just FYI, females who would like to be gynecologists also must receive the exact same medical training as males who would like to be gynecologists. Would you have it otherwise?

Old 02-17-2012, 09:28 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This week, 14 noncommissioned officers at Camp Zama took turns wearing the “pregnancy simulators” as they stretched, twisted and exercised during a three-day class that teaches them to serve as fitness instructors for pregnant soldiers and new mothers.

I guess you missed that part.
They've volunteered to serve as fitness instructors for pregnant women.
Really? Please quote the section of the article that states they volunteered.

Thanks

Old 02-17-2012, 09:32 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
If you wanna try it, go ahead. I have one piece of advice for you - sticky side down.
LMAO-+1

Old 02-17-2012, 10:02 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I don't think pregnant women have any place in the service. How the hell can one train that hard and be all swollen and hungry. The feet get fat there's many discomforts to being pregnant, not to mention how often the women has to be in the bathroom. This is wrong, whats happening to our men!!
female misogyny, how retro.

no class whatsoever.

carry on men. I have no dog in this fight.
My Dad agrees with you. I just cannot stand women who are clueless.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:08 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
female misogyny, how retro.

no class whatsoever.

carry on men. I have no dog in this fight.
My Dad agrees with you. I just cannot stand women who are clueless.
This is my personal opinion, training is one thing knowing first hand is another. Lot of male gyn think it's in your head when experiencing PMS. These soldier's are no where near being doctor trained and like they care what it feels like to be pregnant. If you haven't noticed we're at war not playing house, but then again......... maybe we are.

Maybe they need to recruit female instructors lots of women instruct fitness classes. This man said.............“I didn’t want to do it,” said Braden, 29, of Everett, Wash.The 78th Aviation Battalion mechanic said he was ordered to do the training even though he doesn’t have any female soldiers in his unit and doesn’t see himself as the right sort of person to run the aerobics classes that make up a large portion of the PPPT training.

Clueless is saying you've got no dog in the fight and then post your opinion............

Old 02-17-2012, 12:28 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,439 times
Quote:
If you wanna try it, go ahead. I have one piece of advice for you - sticky side down.
THAT's what I dd wrong!!

Gave myself a bikini wax without the wax!

Old 02-17-2012, 12:34 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,455,711 times
there is no need to dress the instructors up as women in order "understand" how to physically train them.

wearing a pregnant suit isn't going to give the men an idea of what a new mom is going through physically. the suit isn't even going to stretch and twist when they move the way a real post-pregnancy body would. beyond that, it isn't going to help them understand the overextended muscles and ligaments, the soreness, or anything else.

all that is needed is that a bunch of qualified individuals (doctors and physical therapists, etc) come up with an exercise program that works for ladies in varying states of recovery, and then have the local unit trainers teach that program. making the trainers themselves pretend to be women for a few days is not going to give them any extra insight in any way, except to know that their beloved army is being bullied into submission by all of the wacko PC organizations and the congressional puppets that they control.

this and boot camp stress cards? what next? might as well dress our troops in drag and teach them how to adapt the sissy hand wave to hold a white flag.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:45 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
IIRC the whole "boot camp stress card" thing was actually a card with some phone numbers on it that the soldier could call if they really needed to. It wasn't some sort of "get out PT free" card.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:09 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Pregnant women have no business being in the military. This is utterly ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies