Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 08:04 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
What type of uneducated teacher does not know that American is anyone from canadia down to Argentina.

I guess the teacher meant "if you do not want to be U.S. american, go back to mexico"
Yes, he's in the United States of America..........not North America, what a twist you people have to claim your no borders crap.

America has borders weather you like it or not!! When is the last time you seen Canadians claim to be US citizens???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 12:08 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
I would have just ignored it and sent him out of the room, or not given him a form. Simple.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:05 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Can you read? I mean, like any of the posts in thus thread before mine?

No anti Mexican fury? To hell, you say. I must be the illiterate one, in that case.

I think YOU need to re read the posts. There is anti illegal fury...not anti Mexican fury. But I won't call you illiterate.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I would have just ignored it and sent him out of the room, or not given him a form. Simple.
You assume this is a one time occurrence.
I assume that this may have been an ongoing occurrence since the beginning of school and the teacher finally just got fed up enough to say what they said.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:57 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You assume this is a one time occurrence.
I assume that this may have been an ongoing occurrence since the beginning of school and the teacher finally just got fed up enough to say what they said.
This was an issue about an obnoxious brat who needs a foot up his behind.

Xenophobic extremists are turning this into Americans versus Mexicans war.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
This was an issue about an obnoxious brat who needs a foot up his behind.

Xenophobic extremists are turning this into Americans versus Mexicans war.
Well the kid kept saying "I'm Mexican", not "I'm Hispanic".
Just adding fuel to that fire Savoir Faire.

I've been to a school where, if I didn't know better, I would have thought I literally was in Mexico. The US flag was the lone symbol in a room full of Mexican symbols. It was done to make the kids more at ease and more receptive to learning.

I just kept my opinions to myself and didn't go back there.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Well the kid kept saying "I'm Mexican", not "I'm Hispanic".
Still doesn't justify the anti Mexican sentiment. Even if it does, I want no part in the ethnic war, especially if it's sparked by a bratty 5th grader.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Still doesn't justify the anti Mexican sentiment. Even if it does, I want no part in the ethnic war, especially if it's sparked by a bratty 5th grader.
8th grade would be 14 years old.
The district is about 50% Hispanic.
There have been ongoing battles between the parents and the school board regarding issues of Mexican concern.

I'm trying hard here to be PC in my comments.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
8th grade would be 14 years old.
The district is about 50% Hispanic.
There have been ongoing battles between the parents and the school board regarding issues of Mexican concern.

I'm trying hard here to be PC in my comments.
Why, say what you mean. Don't you have cajones?

As I said, leave me out of your ethnic war, I have friends from multiple ethnic backgrounds, Italian, Irish, Polish, Mexican, Indian, etc..

Old 02-18-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Why, say what you mean. Don't you have cajones?

As I said, leave me out of your ethnic war, I have friends from multiple ethnic backgrounds, Italian, Irish, Polish, Mexican, Indian, etc..
Because no matter how I would word it I would probably be called a racist.

FWIW I'd say most Americans have friends that are from various ethnic backgrounds but what does that have to do with the topic ?

When one ethnic group pushes for special considerations because of their ethnicity what do you expect...everyone else to just sit by and accept it ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies