Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 02:41 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Is that the best deflection you can come up with?
If you need information about something, then you can try google. Just read up a little about gun laws in TN for example, or Missisippi, or Wyoming, or Indiana, or Florida. It's not hard. I know there is nothing easier than pretending full ignorance and keep asking others for information, but that gets fairly tiresome after a while. Read and learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 03:00 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you need information about something, then you can try google. Just read up a little about gun laws in TN for example, or Missisippi, or Wyoming, or Indiana, or Florida. It's not hard. I know there is nothing easier than pretending full ignorance and keep asking others for information, but that gets fairly tiresome after a while. Read and learn.
When someone makes an argument that gun rights have expanded on the state level they should be able to back that up. Obviously you can't back up your argument. Oh well....

Old 02-18-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
When someone makes an argument that gun rights have expanded on the state level they should be able to back that up. Obviously you can't back up your argument. Oh well....
I just did, and since you argue they have not been expanded, it proves you have no clue what you are talking about and argue simply for the sake of arguing.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I just did, and since you argue they have not been expanded, it proves you have no clue what you are talking about and argue simply for the sake of arguing.
OK- name examples of what you're talking about that took place under Obama or admit you've failed.....

Old 02-18-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
OK- name examples of what you're talking about that took place under Obama or admit you've failed.....
I mentioned four states off the top off my head, and you had never heard of them which proves you have no clue what you are talking about:

Mississippi residents can now carry guns to collage campuses, restaurants and courthouses

Tennessee residents can carry to restaurants

Wyoming residents no longer need concealed carry permits

Indiana and Florida residents can brings guns to work as long at they leave them in thir cars

Old 02-18-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
I mentioned four states off the top off my head, and you had never heard of them which proves you have no clue what you are talking about:

Mississippi residents can now carry guns to collage campuses, restaurants and courthouses

Tennessee residents can carry to restaurants

Wyoming residents no longer need concealed carry permits

Indiana and Florida residents can brings guns to work as long at they leave them in thir cars
I know all about it. I just doubted that you actually did. The only way Obama could try to block any of this would be to create Federal law banning the same in every state. He wouldn't have the balls for any such thing in a first term....

Old 02-18-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I know all about it. I just doubted that you actually did. ....
You knew absolutely nothing, and what you know now is what I told you.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:29 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
More liberal idiocy.

The killer used a car. Should we ban cars as well? Never let a perfectly good tragedy go to waste....

McD: Don’t pack heat in national parks | Strange Bedfellows — Politics News - seattlepi.com

Please accomplish crime control before attempting gun control.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:45 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,973 times
Quote:
More liberal idiocy.

The killer used a car. Should we ban cars as well? Never let a perfectly good tragedy go to waste....

McD: Don’t pack heat in national parks | Strange Bedfellows — Politics News - seattlepi.com
I'm with you Rick. You have a right to bear arms. It's one thing I like about this country.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. As you mentioned, people die in traffic accidents, so do we ban cars too? While we're at it, let's ban cutlery, because I could easily stab someone with a fork.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:51 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6 View Post
Somewhat elitist take in my view. What about the inner city guy who can't move out to a better neighborhood? This is the guy who needs to be able to protect him/herself.

We already have laws to prevent criminals and the mentally unstable from having guns. These need to be enforced better.

It would be great if self defense against crime were not necessary. It would be great if terrorism wouldn't drift across the continents. But until we magically turn into Switzerland, these are very real threats (don't worry , I won't mention that posessing and training with a weapon is mandated in that country).

The US isn't the first nation to be faced with this choice. In the 90s Canada, the UK, and Australia made the choice that you are advocating. Result: dramatic increases in violent crime, and huge expenses related to regulation.
Gun crime INCREASED in the UK after the ban on handguns following the tragedy at Dunblane. It was a knee-jerk reaction and a waste of time and money. I believe Northern Ireland has a right to bear arms though, so I may choose to live there if I move back home. I want to be able to defend my home and in the split second that someone breaks into your home, you don't have time to sit and wait for the police to arrive 30 minutes later. Guns are a fact of life and criminals will get them whether they're illegal or not. Law abiding citizens should be allowed to own them too, in fact everyone should be trained to use them safely and responsibly both for sport and self defence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies