Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 07:09 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times

Advertisements

One thing that westboro clan has done that's good is to bring a lot of people together against them. People that typically can't stand each other.
Even here lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 08:10 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
They hold signs, they're not burning the American flag and throwing rocks through business's. Have you seen them do anything compared to Oakland, CA?? There not taking up public parks for days on end.

I don't agree with Westbro , but I don't defend people who don't know how to demonstrate peacefully and go home either.
It's not possible for Occupiers or 99% to throw rocks or destroy property when it was declared from day one to be a peaceful movement. So... anyone claiming themselves to be an occupier or a 99% member, the individuals collectively in the group beg to differ because the moment they went down that road it's another group entirely. Surely as anyone claiming incest is acceptable in Christianity. I beg to differ. Call themselves the incest religion, but it is NOT Christianity.

Care to explain why I ought to be held accountable for what anarchists claiming themselves to be occupiers & 99% do? I'm not now nor have I ever been an anarchist and neither were the overwhelming majority of the people I've come in direct contact with (from all over the country) save for some Ron Paul supporters. Although calling themselves anarchists, they never did behave violently or destructive.

Any reason they're not accountable for themselves as individuals when nothing in group discussions promoted or endorsed their individual behavior?

Should we prosecute all Ron Paul supporters for whatever ugly occurred in Oakland?

Or should we prosecute all of Christendom for what Mark David Chapman did?

When militia groups came to stir up violence and were asked to leave, should we abolish all militia?

When addicts showed up and meant to make some cash selling drugs and were asked to leave, should that mean we abolish the shopping mall and the bus stations where they were previously peddling drugs?

Homeless people and their personal incompatibility with civilization were a pre-existing condition far beyond the hands of Occupiers. Is there some reason the things they got arrested for 5 yrs ago and the things they got arrested for this year ought to be "owned" by Occupy movement?

Old 02-17-2012, 08:17 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Old 02-17-2012, 08:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
So, heckling, harrassing and yelling ugly hatefulness at family and friends of soliders who lost their lives is peaceful?
Only when the citizens allow them to do their trick. Here in Kansas they don't get close to the churches and cemeteries and if the police can't handle it our local cowboys and some of the heavier ladies see to it that they stay away. The last time I saw them come to funeral here the motorcycle riders of the group established to control them peacefully revved up their machines every time they tried to talk on their loudspeaers. Freedom of expression extends to both groups. One fool woman called this young very large local a name and when she got up after the fist hit her head she shut up for good. We rural people can take care of those people with just a bit of help from the riders. Phelps and group won't come back unless they bring the National Guard with them.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:19 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
One thing that westboro clan has done that's good is to bring a lot of people together against them. People that typically can't stand each other.
Even here lol
True! But I mean to tell you, it warms my heart to see the young generation in WV speak up and picket them when they came to town here in Charleston. Baptists, Jews, Catholics, Presbyterians, Pagans, atheists all. They broke away from the tradition of being overly humble, stood up for themselves and didn't allow weasels the right to change the true character/ values of their town/ state/ country. Very proud of them. Very proud.

Sometimes when folks are too polite their real meaning doesn't register very clearly. There are worse things to be guilty of, but... too humble isn't healthy. Seems to attract bullies.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:20 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
So, heckling, harrassing and yelling ugly hatefulness at family and friends of soliders who lost their lives is peaceful?
It's freedom of speech, their not destroying property. Their disgusting, just how many members are there do you know??

Plus, many family members block them easily, you can't block thousands of people.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
It's not possible for Occupiers or 99% to throw rocks or destroy property when it was declared from day one to be a peaceful movement. So... anyone claiming themselves to be an occupier or a 99% member, the individuals collectively in the group beg to differ because the moment they went down that road it's another group entirely. Surely as anyone claiming incest is acceptable in Christianity. I beg to differ. Call themselves the incest religion, but it is NOT Christianity.

Care to explain why I ought to be held accountable for what anarchists claiming themselves to be occupiers & 99% do? I'm not now nor have I ever been an anarchist and neither were the overwhelming majority of the people I've come in direct contact with (from all over the country) save for some Ron Paul supporters. Although calling themselves anarchists, they never did behave violently or destructive.

Any reason they're not accountable for themselves as individuals when nothing in group discussions promoted or endorsed their individual behavior?

Should we prosecute all Ron Paul supporters for whatever ugly occurred in Oakland?

Or should we prosecute all of Christendom for what Mark David Chapman did?

When militia groups came to stir up violence and were asked to leave, should we abolish all militia?

When addicts showed up and meant to make some cash selling drugs and were asked to leave, should that mean we abolish the shopping mall and the bus stations where they were previously peddling drugs?

Homeless people and their personal incompatibility with civilization were a pre-existing condition far beyond the hands of Occupiers. Is there some reason the things they got arrested for 5 yrs ago and the things they got arrested for this year ought to be "owned" by Occupy movement?
I said, these people have not rioted in the streets and destoryed property, big difference. Plus they go home each day.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:25 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times
Kansans can handle anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here in Kansas they don't get close to the churches and cemeteries and if the police can't handle it our local cowboys and some of the heavier ladies see to it that they stay away.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:26 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I said, these people have not rioted in the streets and destoryed property, big difference. Plus they go home each day.
So, you're giving them a pass?

Old 02-17-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Only when the citizens allow them to do their trick. Here in Kansas they don't get close to the churches and cemeteries and if the police can't handle it our local cowboys and some of the heavier ladies see to it that they stay away. The last time I saw them come to funeral here the motorcycle riders of the group established to control them peacefully revved up their machines every time they tried to talk on their loudspeaers. Freedom of expression extends to both groups. One fool woman called this young very large local a name and when she got up after the fist hit her head she shut up for good. We rural people can take care of those people with just a bit of help from the riders. Phelps and group won't come back unless they bring the National Guard with them.
Exactly, that's what these people don't get. Reasonable people know how to stomp out the noise!!

Rev your engines, Loud pipes save lives!!
Biker's take care of business
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies