Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 11:38 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Show us where Karen Santorum said that she was for eliminating the ability for a person to sue a doctor after a malpractic incident. Rick and Karen Santorum aren't the same person, only a complete moron would blame someone for something they never said.
OK...i'm a moron.

But then, there is this:

"By the time of the lawsuit, then-Sen. Santorum had taken up the cause of tort reform, twice sponsoring or co-sponsoring bills limiting the non-economic awards for pain and suffering that a plaintiff could seek to $250,000.

A significant part of what the Santorums were concerned about at the time of the lawsuit was that Karen would not be able to help the senator's re-election campaign, as she had done in the past."

OUCH!!!

Sounds to me like this stuff was pretty darn calculated at the time so that they could guard against charges of hypocrisy. They considered it at the time to be a potential issue. Hmmmmmm...

But according to you, Ol' Ricky Boy had NOTHING to do with the lawsuit. Why he didn't even know she sued for that much money. Hell, when it was filed, he damn near fell out of his chair in surprise. He tried to change her mind and get her to lower it to his proposed maximum, but she'd hear nothing of it. And so, seeing as his arm was twisted, he acquiesced....very stubbornly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 11:46 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
They seem to be the only thing liberal idiots here on CD understand. I use stupid questions when dealing with liberal trash all the time, it's like fighting fire with fire.
Got ya.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So one person in a group follows a particular course--"Rick Santorum's wife Karen" and you ascribe that to all members of the group--"Republicans." Interesting logic.

Interesting that you should say that. If rick gets the nomination and (heaven forbids) wins the presidency, would'nt he be the in a sense the "head republican?"

Outside of that I understand your point

Old 02-19-2012, 12:06 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Show us where Karen Santorum said that she was for eliminating the ability for a person to sue a doctor after a malpractic incident. Rick and Karen Santorum aren't the same person, only a complete moron would blame someone for something they never said.
You obviously have no conception of constitutes Catholic marriage. It's a sacrament, and pre-cana that engaged Catholic couples take emphasize the importance of unity in decision-making. While plenty of Catholic marriages do not necessarily practice this, there is no way that a Catholic couple that does not use birth control is not going to practice the other things that are taught in pre-cana. Too bad they have obviously forgotten basic Church lessons on hypocrisy though.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:07 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
They seem to be the only thing liberal idiots here on CD understand. I use stupid questions when dealing with liberal trash all the time, it's like fighting fire with fire.
Really?????????????????????
I think this statement alone says a lot about saying stupid things.........lmao

Old 02-19-2012, 12:07 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
OK...i'm a moron.
And I can accept that, but show me where Karen Santorum made any kind of public statement about tort reform or eliminating a person's right to sue a doctor that hurt them.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:10 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You obviously have no conception of constitutes Catholic marriage. It's a sacrament, and pre-cana that engaged Catholic couples take emphasize the importance of unity in decision-making. While plenty of Catholic marriages do not necessarily practice this, there is no way that a Catholic couple that does not use birth control is not going to practice the other things that are taught in pre-cana. Too bad they have obviously forgotten basic Church lessons on hypocrisy though.
WTF does that have to do with Karen Santorum and Rick Santorum not being the same person. I don't care about their religious practices, that's personal to them and it has nothing to do with this conversation. I grew up Catholic and confirmed in the Catholic church, I coudln't care less about their marriage.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:25 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
No its like everything with the Republicans....They believe us peons should have to behave the way they tell us, but then they should be able to live in an entirely different way!

Lawsuits, gays, war, etc., this is the Republican mantra...I say this you should by law have to live this way, but in my PERSONAL bible-thumping life I can do whatever I want!
So in one thread republicans are all rich, white business owners and in another they are all backwards country redneck peons on welfare watching NASCAR....

My son has a saying that is more true every day: "Haters are going to hate, dad".

Old 02-19-2012, 12:40 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I don't see the contradiction. Tort reform, even as Republicans would have it, would support awards even higher than this. Besides, tort reform isn't tort abandonement.
Conservatives are pushing for state tort caps of $250-500k.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:48 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
So in one thread republicans are all rich, white business owners and in another they are all backwards country redneck peons on welfare watching NASCAR....

My son has a saying that is more true every day: "Haters are going to hate, dad".

Good post...very smart son you have there!

For some reason the Santorums shouldn't sue for more than $250,000 because they think that should be the cap, yet, their new found God in Warren Buffet, a capitalist, can brag and complain (at the same time) about his taxes and say they should be raised...yet he doesn't just go ahead and pay what he thinks is fair. In fact, many of his companies are in trouble with the IRS for not paying what they owe.

Funny how Santorum is seen as hypocritical yet Buffet isn't. Also hypocritical, IMO, is saying Republicans are the only rich people LMAO!

Democrats keep falling for all the political rhetoric they're fed and spew the hate of their political masters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies