Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 03:59 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,343,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well, this is good news to us Canadians. Since Obama really is not an American maybe he will give us back the Canadian lands that were taken from us as a result of the war of 1812. We don't really want it all back though and we will be satisfied with, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Oregon and Washington. These places seem more Canadian than American to me anyways and I'm completely sure the people will have better lives as a result. What would they get out of it???
Better schools, better healthcare FOR FREE, no political insanity, no massive federal interference in their affairs, NO, FBI, CIA, DHS, DEA, ATF, IRS AND ALL THE OTHER HUNDREDS OF FEDERAL COPS. Most likely three quarters of the prioners in jail would be freed.
So, come on there Obama, prove to me you really hate the USA and hand over the goodies.
But if you take those areas, you get the people with them.
You might get the whacko militia people and the gun nuts.
Your choice, of course.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:44 AM

1,695 posts, read 3,053,603 times
Why do I feel like I am reading Don Quixote?

Old 02-20-2012, 08:55 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,215,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
I hardly call a blog site credible.
And I bet he was hoping nobody would clink that link. For, if you do, you would see the date line of May 8, 2000 and was based on a NEWSMAX story. LOL, that Obama is one powerful dude.

Fact, any of these islands are NOT ADJACENT to the North America Continent. In 1867 the USA only bought the Russian land on the continent and the adjacent islands.
Forget that Bush I signed a treaty saying all the islands were Russian.

Grow up children.

Last edited by buzzards27; 02-20-2012 at 09:08 AM..

Old 02-20-2012, 09:10 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,146,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
Why do I feel like I am reading Don Quixote?
More like "Alice in Wonderland."

Old 02-20-2012, 10:12 AM

1,695 posts, read 3,053,603 times
Alice, meet Don:

[QUOTEJust then they came in sight of thirty or forty windmills that rise from that plain. And no sooner did Don Quixote see them that he said to his squire, "Fortune is guiding our affairs better than we ourselves could have wished. Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them. With their spoils we shall begin to be rich for this is a righteous war and the removal of so foul a brood from off the face of the earth is a service God will bless."
"What giants?" asked Sancho Panza.
"Those you see over there," replied his master, "with their long arms. Some of them have arms well nigh two leagues in length."
"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills. Those things that seem to be their arms are sails which, when they are whirled around by the wind, turn the millstone."[/quote]

Old 02-20-2012, 10:34 AM

11,763 posts, read 14,706,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
Again, why do you think the founders established the grandfather clause in Article 2 Section 1?
That's not a grandfather clause.

Here's the language of the provision you're quoting:
Quote:
or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution

A grandfather clause has historical antecedents, but grandfather clauses were adopted by southern states to prevent blacks from voting. They adopted poll taxes, literacy tests, and other mechanisms designed to exclude blacks, former slaves, and the descendants of former slaves. Knowing that there were many poor whites who would also fail a literacy test they adopted the grandfather clause, which said that the literacy test would not apply to anyone whose grandfather was eligible to vote. In other words, white people.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:43 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,510,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
Alice, meet Don:
“Unlike in ‘Alice in Wonderland,’ simply saying something is so does not make it so,”

- judge clay land, referring to orly taitz.

"The Court is not willing to go tilting at windmills with her."

- judge royce c. lambert, referring to orly taitz.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:25 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,215,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
“Unlike in ‘Alice in Wonderland,’ simply saying something is so does not make it so,”

- judge clay land, referring to orly taitz.

"The Court is not willing to go tilting at windmills with her."

- judge royce c. lambert, referring to orly taitz.
SG needs to check these guys out... Flat Earth Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-21-2012, 08:36 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,511,851 times
It's official: Obama's going to win.

This thread illustrates what the GOP has been reduced to: the fringe of a fringe.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:45 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,548,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
What?!?....deck are you dealing from?

Never mind, it's apparent.
^^^^^ You see this. Obvious racist statements or defended by yelling race card. Thats why I know that all that argument is used for is racist to be racist and then scream playing the race card. Absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies