Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 12:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

Well in the entitlement USA it appears it's about a wash..........and folks wonder why there is no middle class. Many throw in the towel and get on the gravy train and join the ranks of the poor who it appear make out as good or better than the middle class.

"In what is sure to inspire some serious ire among all those who once believed Ronald Reagan that it was the USSR that was the "Evil Empire", Emmerich analyzes disposable income and economic benefits among several key income classes and comes to the stunning (and verifiable) conclusion that "a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year." And that excludes benefits from Supplemental Security Income disability checks. America is now a country which punishes those middle-class people who not only try to work hard, but avoid scamming the system."

In Entitlement America, The Head Of A Household Of Four Making Minimum Wage Has More Disposable Income Than A Family Making $60,000 A Year | ZeroHedge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 01:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Nah....I'll pass. I like my income. I know for damn sure that i can't afford my lifestyle on 3500....i don't give a damn what kind of kooky math they have in that link.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:05 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Math always is a bugger for lefties.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Math always is a bugger for lefties.
Yea. I agree. Big time bugger.

You stay happy with your 3500....i'll pass.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:35 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times
I'll bite just to point how stupid your thread is. Time to fact check your data dude.

I'm guessing YOU'RE the one that has been forwarding all those bogus wingnut email, full of lies, without any checking of fact.
Just because a Blogger posted into the ether doesn't make it fact.

Just did my taxes and by chance my taxable income, two people, was $58,900 (gross income was $78,000) for last year. My federal income taxes were $4,574 using standard deduction. I guess that family of three (not four) gets more income exemptions for three people.

Feel free to explain how this mythical family paid $13,000 while we paid $4,574. Fantasy vs reality, that is how.

Next, Medicaid is NOT cash into someone's hand, by what stretch of your imagination does that become "disposal income"? Your being deluded. Without that stretch of reality the premise fails.

Next, you severely misstated FACT. the ONLY family that edged out the $60k was the $14k family.

Next flaw, your myth assume families qualify for aid. Aid isn't automatic. Just like the SSDI Myth you're playing with, SSDI is extremely difficult to get. It takes years to win and your eligibility standards are complete bull. I think 95% of all initial SSDI claims are denied.

Mercy dictate your thread dies quickly and you avoid the pain of pushing such lies.

Last edited by buzzards27; 02-18-2012 at 02:49 PM..

Old 02-18-2012, 01:39 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
KuChief, there is no shame in working at a fast food place. It's honest work. Walk with your head up and be proud

Old 02-18-2012, 02:09 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
wtf... are they really comparing the chip benefits to disposable income? that's not money in your pocket, that's just you qualifying for a program. same thing with the free lunch program.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
wtf... are they really comparing the chip benefits to disposable income? that's not money in your pocket, that's just you qualifying for a program. same thing with the free lunch program.
Well that benefit replaces money you would have had to spend and now you don't have to spend it so it is more money in your pocket.

Food stamps/school lunch program would come to several hundred dollars per month that you don't have to spend.
That's the disposable income that allows one to buy designer shoes and iPhones.

I mean when you see a 12 year old wearing Air Jordans and getting the free lunch you just know something is not right.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:19 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
He's comparing Medicaid to cash. WTF indeed

Old 02-18-2012, 02:23 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times
Quote:
The Blogger needed to use that lie, medical coverage is income, to make his story work. Where is the ADDITION to the $60K family's income for their medical coverage? Are they one of those middle class families that lost their employer provided insurance?

TANF is a temp program, 5 year LIFETIME entitlement.

Check the wording of the blog, is it a family of 3 or 4? Are the family even the same size?

Eligibility of each program and how much benefits from one would affect others is questionable.

SNAP payment is overstated. For a family of four living on min wage their MAX benefit would be $408 a month or $4900 a year. Is Mississippi paying less than Max?

A Quick Guide to Food Stamp Eligibility and Benefits — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies