Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 12:00 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,186 times

Advertisements

There was a lot of outrage here on City-Data not long ago over Obama's signing of the NDAA bill, which included provisions for indefinite detention of American citizens. Now it seems the issue has already been forgotten, Obama sang an Al Green song, the big issue is birth control......

What happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 12:05 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
There was a lot of outrage here on City-Data not long ago over Obama's signing of the NDAA bill, which included provisions for indefinite detention of American citizens. Now it seems the issue has already been forgotten, Obama sang an Al Green song, the big issue is birth control......

What happened?
Oh I haven't forgotten, I emailed the White House with my disgust of it. I got the usual "well we have pledged not to use it" crap.

But Republicans are more worried about birth control right now, so the opposition has subsided.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:07 PM

109 posts, read 194,785 times
You'll all be worried when the tanks coming rolling into your town!!!! Obama is not done dismantling this country yet!!!

Old 02-17-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Oh I haven't forgotten, I emailed the White House with my disgust of it. I got the usual "well we have pledged not to use it" crap.

But Republicans are more worried about birth control right now, so the opposition has subsided.
Republicans were in on it. They and Obozo are counting on people letting it go.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:11 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibusurfer View Post
You'll all be worried when the tanks coming rolling into your town!!!! Obama is not done dismantling this country yet!!!
Lets have a reality moment here. Both parties supported this. No one is rolling tanks into any town in the states.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:35 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:

What happened?
You answered your own question; the sudden move by the GOP to ban the condom, along with Obama's excellent falsetto singing, now becomes the priority.

Plus there is a 10 page Palin thread in 'elections' that could use another comment on how she can see Russia from her house. One can never have too many comments on Palin/Russia.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:03 PM

Well, I guess we are over it. Thanks congress and Obama for the slap.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:

What happened?
As is the case...the issue soon becomes a non-issue and forgotten.
Remember, Obama "promised" not to enforce that part of the NDAA.

But Obama won't be in office forever, will he ?
Just wait until a war monger gets into that office.

This is how a police state comes into being without a revolt...a little at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies