Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 02:27 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times

Advertisements

How can you determine whether someone's enthusiasm is unnecessary? What "ain't happening"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 02:34 PM

779 posts, read 537,311 times
I just have to laugh at people who think that sheriffs are some sort of super-patriots who are going to "save our freedom". These people have no idea what the word freedom means, apparently, because they toss it around so casually, in an obvious attempt to 'scare" people. Don't like our freedom? There's always Somalia!

Old 02-19-2012, 02:50 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
I just have to laugh at people who think that sheriffs are some sort of super-patriots who are going to "save our freedom". These people have no idea what the word freedom means, apparently, because they toss it around so casually, in an obvious attempt to 'scare" people. Don't like our freedom? There's always Somalia!
Why would you assume the right to assign your idea of freedom as the example the rest of us should follow? I've read a number of your posts and your ideas with regard to individual liberties in no way mirror mine.

I have to laugh at people that think their partisan based and twisted ideas of freedom are in any way reflective of the ideas and wishes of others.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:02 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times
In the Oregon Revised Statues it is stated the country sheriff is the primary law enforcement agencies in the state, over the state police and federal law enforcement agencies. Several years ago when we had a water dispute our newly elected sheriff stood up to federal marshals, who ended up backing down. Sheriff's have much more power than most people realize.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:30 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
They're not? What evidence do you have to support that statement? Or, is it just that you, personally, disagree with some ruling?

Here we go again. :roll eyes: Once again, I'll ask the same question: Revolt and replace our current system with what?
The Constitution of the United States.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...not really. But i can appreciate your unnecessary enthusiasm. But it aint happening. Sorry.
Why are you sorry?

Enthusiasm makes life worth living.

It's a positive attitude, as opposed to a lack of.....

Old 02-19-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
Sheriffs can be honorable, and Super Patriots in a nation of Tyranny and oppressive regulation.

Somalia is the way it is, because western leaders put a dictator in place, in order to control their resources.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Why would you assume the right to assign your idea of freedom as the example the rest of us should follow? I've read a number of your posts and your ideas with regard to individual liberties in no way mirror mine.

I have to laugh at people that think their partisan based and twisted ideas of freedom are in any way reflective of the ideas and wishes of others.
Could you site a post that i have made that make freedom a negative?

Old 02-19-2012, 05:43 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Could you site a post that i have made that make freedom a negative?
No I couldn't. If you reread the post you quoted you might notice I was responding the comments of a different poster. I made no comment disputing anything you've said in this thread.

You and I are on the same side on this issue. Sorry if anything I typed lead you to believe otherwise. Again, reread my post and look at the words of the member I quoted.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
No I couldn't. If you reread the post you quoted you might notice I was responding the comments of a different poster. I made no comment disputing anything you've said in this thread.
My bad... thought it was to me.

Viva Nevada!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies