Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: "You don't need a gun, if you make wise choices in life"
I agree with this statement. 41 14.75%
I disagree with this statement. 237 85.25%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 04:19 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I love your choices and If I had unlimited discretionary income I would love to have a few of your possessions, but the fact remains do you need all of those fine weapons since you can only use one at any given time? I suspect that your need, like mine, is based upon something other than self-defense or fear of government tyranny.
I'm a collector too. You don't need everything. It's a investment as well. 401k and pensions are about worthless now. That is always worth something. That's a lot of nights being broke and eating 99 cent McD's hamburgers and such. It doesn't come easy. If you really want the stuff, you'll do without other things. Driving the same old truck for the last 11 years always helps too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 04:26 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Someday when the military is using lazer rifles or phasers like in Star Trek, will you gun lovers just have to have one of those too? I mean will you not give up your phaser until they pry your dead fingers from it?

I'm sorry, but when I think of gun nuts I think of idiots.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Someday when the military is using lazer rifles or phasers like in Star Trek, will you gun lovers just have to have one of those too? I mean will you not give up your phaser until they pry your dead fingers from it?

We'll remember that when you pound on our door at 2 AM screaming and begging for your life! I might open up and hose down your attacker chasing you before he slashes you up too bad! *Halloween Part #1* "It was the boogieman"! "As a matter of fact...it was"! Halloween (1978) - ending - YouTube

Last edited by SamTM; 02-20-2012 at 04:41 PM..

Old 02-20-2012, 04:30 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
HaHa...my phone calls to the FBI take about that long. If you get a "delay" something is iffy on your record. I've never waited more than five minutes at the most on my FBI phone call. Though, I'm supprized some didn't take longer as they wanted to BS a bit and ask me some questions and along the FFL selling it to me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not exactly sure what you are talking about... the delay I was stating was for a form-4, where you have to get the tax stamps. It has nothing to do with the NICS... this is dealing with the BATF.

For regular firearms, it takes just 2 minutes. I am an FFL.

I was talking about Class-III (reading comprehension issue on your end):
  1. Find a dealer locally who can assist you in all phases of the transfer. This should go beyond helping you fill out the paperwork: they should help you locate the gun if it isn't in stock and allow you to shoot the gun while your paperwork is being processed by the BATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms). It will usually take 4-6 weeks for the dealer to get the gun from another dealer if they don't already have it in stock (due to BATF paperwork delays).
  2. Get your fingerprints (either by a police dept. or by a qualified fingerprinter, two imprints are needed) and two passport sized pictures taken. These will be used to perform a comprehensive criminal background check on you.
  3. Have your local dealer help you fill out an "Application for Tax Paid Transfer And Registration Of Firearm" for, known as a "form 4".
  4. You must have the signature of the Chief Law Enforcement (CLEO) officer that has jurisdiction over the municipality in which you live on the form 4. This could be the City Chief or the County Sheriff, for example. This is usually not a problem-- in machine gun friendly states. The form 4, CLEO signature, 2 fingerprint cards, 2 pictures, and a $200 check (your one-time transfer tax) must all be mailed to the BATF and an approved tax stamp returned before you may take possession of the gun. This may take anywhere from 2 to 5 months. "
SamTM, I feel like I am dealing with a retard. Please learn about things before making statements.

Last edited by SuperSparkle928; 02-20-2012 at 04:40 PM..

Old 02-20-2012, 04:35 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Well, you know that you cannot own anything in my pics in New York, don't ya Chuck. Like the 50 round mags for my FN PS-90? It's not easy to get a licnese to carry in New York. Not at all. Pretending it is, is less than honest!
In this post ^^ you are correct....however, in this post below post you said....

Quote:
You can't carry that handgun in New York either, so oh well! Happy trails urban cowboys!
If you intend to say that "CAN'T CARRY" as being "not easy" then maybe, that's what you should say in the first place.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
If you really want the stuff, you'll do without other things. Driving the same old truck for the last 11 years always helps too!
I want stuff, and then I really want stuff and anything more than what I've got (Les Baer Custom Carry excluded) is more than need and right now I would rather have a Gibson Keb'Mo blues guitar than the Styr.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:38 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

Coming from a guy that has your screen name....

Old 02-20-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not exactly sure what you are talking about... the delay I was stating was for a form-4, where you have to get the tax stamps. It has nothing to do with the NICS... this is dealing with the BATF.

For regular firearms, it takes just 2 minutes. I am an FFL.

I was talking about Class-III (reading comprehension issue on your end):
  1. Find a dealer locally who can assist you in all phases of the transfer. This should go beyond helping you fill out the paperwork: they should help you locate the gun if it isn't in stock and allow you to shoot the gun while your paperwork is being processed by the BATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms). It will usually take 4-6 weeks for the dealer to get the gun from another dealer if they don't already have it in stock (due to BATF paperwork delays).
  2. Get your fingerprints (either by a police dept. or by a qualified fingerprinter, two imprints are needed) and two passport sized pictures taken. These will be used to perform a comprehensive criminal background check on you.
  3. Have your local dealer help you fill out an "Application for Tax Paid Transfer And Registration Of Firearm" for, known as a "form 4".
  4. You must have the signature of the Chief Law Enforcement (CLEO) officer that has jurisdiction over the municipality in which you live on the form 4. This could be the City Chief or the County Sheriff, for example. This is usually not a problem-- in machine gun friendly states. The form 4, CLEO signature, 2 fingerprint cards, 2 pictures, and a $200 check (your one-time transfer tax) must all be mailed to the BATF and an approved tax stamp returned before you may take possession of the gun. This may take anywhere from 2 to 5 months. "
SamTM, I feel like I am dealing with a retard. Please learn about things before making statements.
I knew you were talking about Class III. You were also talking about a regular 4473 transaction too at the same time. Don't worry, I know all about BOTH. Yes, you can have a delay on a regular 4473. I've seen it many times. Usually, the guy isn't good to go or has things on his record.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
In this post ^^ you are correct....however, in this post below post you said....

If you intend to say that "CAN'T CARRY" as being "not easy" then maybe, that's what you should say in the first place.
You better have a REALLY good reason and be able to prove it in New York. They don't have to issue you one like elsewhere. They "may" if you butter them up enough, have a good damn reason, and wait long enough.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:12 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I love your choices and If I had unlimited discretionary income I would love to have a few of your possessions, but the fact remains do you need all of those fine weapons since you can only use one at any given time? I suspect that your need, like mine, is based upon something other than self-defense or fear of government tyranny.
I don't NEED all my weapons either, but I like collecting them. How many Gerber MK II's have you seen up close and in perfect condition? How many fairbairn sykes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies