Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should parents be able to circumcise their son?
Yes 206 75.74%
No 66 24.26%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 11:09 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,255,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
LOL, uh what?

Thanks Mom and Dad for not cutting off a piece of my member. It is said that circumcised men don't have as much of the sensation/feeling there when you have the skin chopped off early on in life-that sounds awful. Again, thanks Mom and Dad.

Maybe I am younger than most on here but it is not odd at all to be natural/normal anymore. Some people even assume that mostly just Jews still do it.

Well apparently you have your eye on uncircumcised men. Why are you there when a woman asks them to "whip it out"?
Why yes! That's exactly what most women want!
For men to come even faster!
We just love to be kept hanging when you're done in 12 seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 11:12 AM

5,714 posts, read 3,221,108 times
red herring.
you would have no problem aborting a baby ooops .... "fetus" if you suited you.

show me statistics that all boys who were circumcised are traumatized?

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
If you think it's wrong to kill a fetus without its consent, you shouldn't mutilate your boy's penis without his consent.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:15 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,548,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Why yes! That's exactly what most women want!
For men to come even faster!
We just love to be kept hanging when you're done in 12 seconds.
It's a myth that you can last longer when circumcised and used to prevent children from masturbation when it started because God said masturbation is a no no. No worries.

We all know now that both cut and un cut boys have no problem masturbating.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
funny how left wingers are all about choice until the disagree with it.
I've spoken to many women who have been with UC men and say its nasty because they DO NOT clean it properly.
Yes, I bet and you've probably been sickened by quite a few yeast infections many women get. Not to mention other problems. We're human, crap happens but to blame all UC males are responsible for everything gross that happens to a penis is a bit immature and uneducated. IMO, of course. Cut men get plenty of nasty things down there, and transmit plenty. A cut penis isn't all that invincible. Sorry.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:29 AM

5,714 posts, read 3,221,108 times
no the women whom I have been with are not pigs and clean themselves "down there".
and studies have shown that more UC men than not get more "nasty" stuff "down there".
and I have still yet to see the stats on how many men are "traumatized" because they are curcumcized.
You don't like circumcision? Don't get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Yes, I bet and you've probably been sickened by quite a few yeast infections many women get. Not to mention other problems. We're human, crap happens but to blame all UC males are responsible for everything gross that happens to a penis is a bit immature and uneducated. IMO, of course. Cut men get plenty of nasty things down there, and transmit plenty. A cut penis isn't all that invincible. Sorry.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:37 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,480,430 times
Mutilation is barbaric and wrong.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
no the women whom I have been with are not pigs and clean themselves "down there".

LOL, well, like I said a bit of education might make your argument more believable. Women don't get yeast infections from lack of washing down there. Most infections aren't from lack of washing down there when it comes to women.

and studies have shown that more UC men than not get more "nasty" stuff "down there".
and I have still yet to see the stats on how many men are "traumatized" because they are curcumcized.
You don't like circumcision? Don't get one.
I actually think it's a right to chose but I do have an opinion on the matter. I wish people were more educated when talking about it but that is only a personal wish.

Most studies are based out of Africa, and not conclusive to the U.S. where most sexual diseases are transmitted via homosexually vs heterosexually in Africa. We haven't done any long term studies in the U.S. to see how it effects our population. Boys who are circumcised can also get nasty stuff down there, and have risks of serious infections and complications when having this done.
And, the fact remains that even if you were slightly less likely to catch an illness or get an infection by cutting off parts of the body, would it be justified by parents regarding other parts of the body where this would apply. Such as the breasts for example?

I'm female so of course I don't have the option of having this done as it's deemed illegal for parents of girls to do this to them. So, I can't reply to that but I do agree with the current laws of our country allowing this to be a choice. As a matter of fact I am happy I had the right to refuse to have it done to my son. If it were up to the money our countries medical businesses wallets, I am sure they would certainly make it mandatory for the sake of a few extra dollars.

Now, removing my breasts would decrease the chance of me getting breast cancer by quite a bit. I wonder if I should take that chance with my daughters, after all I don't want them getting breast cancer.

So, yes, I agree on it being a personal choice. But, let us be educated before we wack off body parts. That way it's a fully informed choice. And, men, last time I checked do use their showers.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:13 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,357,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
There really aren't any proven medical facts to circumcise. Not enough to outweigh the risks of this practice.
What I think you mean is that there aren't enough proven medical benefits to circumcision to convince the AAP to recommend it. With that, I absolutely agree. And I don't think parents *should* circumcise or that anyone should try and convince them to. However, it's up to the parent(s) to determine which benefits outweigh which risks. It's not as black and white, or as simple as people want to suggest.

Circumcision: Learn the Pros and Cons of This Common Surgery
The case for neonatal circumcision « Science-Based Medicine
What are the risk factors for penile cancer?

Old 06-01-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
What I think you mean is that there aren't enough proven medical benefits to circumcision to convince the AAP to recommend it. With that, I absolutely agree. And I don't think parents *should* circumcise or that anyone should try and convince them to. However, it's up to the parent(s) to determine which benefits outweigh which risks. It's not as black and white, or as simple as people want to suggest.

Circumcision: Learn the Pros and Cons of This Common Surgery
The case for neonatal circumcision « Science-Based Medicine
What are the risk factors for penile cancer?

What I mean is do the benefits really outweigh the risk? Removal of female ovaries and breast also cut risks of cancer and people do this. But, they don't do it to their kids, even if they are at a higher risk of cancer from the family gene pool.
The risks aren't high enough to warrant cutting your kids body parts off the lower it. Plus, adding the risk of said procedure and doing the math you aren't really freeing your child from much harm. This is why it's not covered by insurance, nor do most other countries perform it for medical reasons routinely at birth. It remains for largely religious reasons.

Now, if we started removing girls breast at a young age 170 years ago to avoid sexual desire like we did to boys and their penis foreskin I'm sure you could now find studies that indicated a lower rate of breast cancer rates in these woman who had this done when they were kids. But, is this really medically sound advice? The degree of incident is so low that it hardly seems worth considering. Especially since we have no conclusive studies done in the U.S. on the subject. We've borrowed most of these studies from Africa.

A child who wasn't circumcised doesn't have a risk of infection from circumcision. No risk of Meatitis. They don't run the risk of a botched circumcision either. You have to add all the variables in. I'm just glad more parents are becoming informed before they decide on matching dad. Maybe in the future men can just make this choice when they are older like women get to. Especially since matching your dad might not mean you match other males your age in the future. You might end up ONLY matching the old men.

Last edited by PoppySead; 06-01-2014 at 01:10 PM..

Old 06-01-2014, 01:34 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,411,899 times
Quote:
red herring.
you would have no problem aborting a baby ooops .... "fetus" if you suited you.

show me statistics that all boys who were circumcised are traumatized?

I'm not against abortion, it's just not consistent to protect a fetus in a womb but make painful unnecessary body modifications to a live baby.

As for your second point, you accused me of a red herring and then pulled a blatant straw man, both within a very short post. You have much to learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies