Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 02:44 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,417,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
You're asking too much. Blacks don't even hold the people in their own neighborhoods accountable, you don't really expect them to hold BO accountable? It's not who they are. Holding people accountable is not what blacks do.

Black crime, OOW births, poor school performance, the ongoing use of the word Niqqa,etc..........blacks act like they don't care. They were just happy to see a "black" face in the white house. As a black myself, I think, hands down, blacks have to be the dumbest race in America, whites are gaining on us fast.

It's actually embarrassing to be black at times. We have gone backwords and still losing ground. It's pathetic. Oh, but we have a "black" President!

Your pretty level headed, and i respect you for that.

Question you may or may not be able to answer. I have some very good black friends. They are Middle aged Men now in their forties. They are college educated at the finest of Schools, have degrees up the ying yang.

Very sucessful at business, infact they own their own businessess. Live in upscale areas, beautiful home, cars, boats, and very respectful, and caring. Never met anyone with so much manners ever as they both have.

Came from educated parents, respectful, thoughtful you got it, just teriffic people to be around. And funny.

They have mentioned to me before that they are embarassed to be black. They do not like the way blacks handle themselves, they way they act, and they way they think, and thngs they expect.

Why is that. I never want to get into it with them, on why they feel this way. And no they did not vote for Obama the frist time around, infact do not mention his name in front of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 02:45 AM

779 posts, read 536,746 times
And the righties continue to claim "it's not about race" while bringing up black voters.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:36 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,544,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Their own self interest? What would that be? Being dependent on the government for the rest of their lives?

They voted for him and will vote for him in Nov for one reason only - he's black.

Obamanomics has hurt the black community more than any other.

Their leaders have said they'd be marching on the White House if not for the brother that occupies it.
My God and you are worried about the education of black people after that moronic post?

Why does everyone I know who is on "Welfare" is "Southern" & white"? Turn off Fox News because I would like to know what "leaders" black people supposedely have!

Oh by the way? President Obama was elected "ergo" he doesn't Occupy anything!

Old 02-21-2012, 04:22 AM

779 posts, read 536,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your pretty level headed, and i respect you for that.

Question you may or may not be able to answer. I have some very good black friends. They are Middle aged Men now in their forties. They are college educated at the finest of Schools, have degrees up the ying yang.

Very sucessful at business, infact they own their own businessess. Live in upscale areas, beautiful home, cars, boats, and very respectful, and caring. Never met anyone with so much manners ever as they both have.

Came from educated parents, respectful, thoughtful you got it, just teriffic people to be around. And funny.

They have mentioned to me before that they are embarassed to be black. They do not like the way blacks handle themselves, they way they act, and they way they think, and thngs they expect.

Why is that. I never want to get into it with them, on why they feel this way. And no they did not vote for Obama the frist time around, infact do not mention his name in front of them.
Do you really expect us to believe this?

This is nothing more than the "I have a black/gay/whatever minority friend" appeal to authority.

Grow up.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:11 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,523,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Do you realize what you are saying?

Premiums have gone up way before Obama

Sorry, its the other way around, no its not fair that pre-existing conditions should pay more, the insurance companies have padded there pockets for years. Hypertension is high blood pressure, usually most people will have high bp sooner or later. The insurance companies are not going to go under as well as the drug companies, they are busy lining the pockets of our politicians.

Any person who thinks a child with a pre existing condition should not be covered by insurance should be ashamed of themselves

Premiums have gone up since 2000 before Obama, in 2002 my policy went up from $175 to $425 per month in 3 years time and that was at the beginning of 2005 no Obama around then.

You can get hypertension just from being in the politics forum.
Fair?? See there's that new buzz word, again!
Would you bring someone into your house, to live, who has a history of playing with matches??

Probably not! At least I hope not.

And why?? Because that person has a history that is potentially dangerous to your home!! But if you still bring them in "regardless of the danger"(ie risk), you would be a FOOL not to double their rent to cushion you against the potential loss you might have to deal with, if they have another episode!!

Where do you think the money comes from that the insurance companies have?? You think it's magic??? It comes outta thin air?? NO! Their customers pay premiums to a big pot! There is enuff money in the pot to help customers who have real need for it! But if you bring in folks who are high risk, they stand to use up the money that's in the pot or drain it faster than it needs to be!! That means the other customers have to pay more to keep the pot full so that money is there when THEY need it, too! Premiums get raised!

If the company does not have enuff money to cover their policy holders, the company goes under! And guess what?? Employees lose their jobs with those insurance companies! Some of those employees are black folks!!

High blood pressure clients, smokers, etc....they are higher risks to eat away at the pot! It's a fact! So they need to pay more. That is indeed fair to the rest of the policyholders, so that they don't have their premiums raised!!

And by the way, insurance companies are in the business to make money!! To make a profit!! If they do....then the people they employ can continue to work and put their kids thru school and feed their families. That's not evil.

Last edited by citizenkane2; 02-21-2012 at 08:08 AM..

Old 02-21-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well it's not about skin color anyhow, but blacks will not hold Obama accountable. 95% of black voters will vote for the liberal democrat candidate even if he's as pasty white as Bill Clinton. And if someone like Herman Cain or Alan Keyes were to run against a liberal white, you can be sure 95% of black voters would vote for the liberal white.

It's not skin color, they want the liberal who promises giant government, and allows in unlimited numbers of cheap workers into the country for the purpose of bringing down wages, and of course the abortion candidate, and one who is for more taxes and government spending.

Great point! In that scenario, I 100 percent agree.

But the Obama thing is very different. On this one, it is definitely a "pride" thing. Black folks love to see him walking across the White House lawn from that helicopter or stepping off Air Force One. They just do.

WE can't even think straight when we see him on TV. It doesn't even matter if they've been outta work for 2 years. "We got a black Prez!" (shakes head)

Old 02-21-2012, 07:28 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,068,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Great point! In that scenario, I 100 percent agree.

But the Obama thing is very different. On this one, it is definitely a "pride" thing. Black folks love to see him walking across the White House lawn from that helicopter or stepping off Air Force One. They just do.

WE can't even think straight when we see him on TV. It doesn't even matter if they've been outta work for 2 years. "We got a black Prez!" (shakes head)
If the republicans would do a better job convincing blacks to come to the other side, they wouldn't be having this problem.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
You're asking too much. Blacks don't even hold the people in their own neighborhoods accountable, you don't really expect them to hold BO accountable? It's not who they are. Holding people accountable is not what blacks do.

Black crime, OOW births, poor school performance, the ongoing use of the word Niqqa,etc..........blacks act like they don't care. They were just happy to see a "black" face in the white house. As a black myself, I think, hands down, blacks have to be the dumbest race in America, whites are gaining on us fast.

It's actually embarrassing to be black at times. We have gone backwords and still losing ground. It's pathetic. Oh, but we have a "black" President!
I agree with most of your post, just one questions. You said whites are gaining on us, when were we in the lead?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
If the republicans would do a better job convincing blacks to come to the other side, they wouldn't be having this problem.
Helping companies grow....getting out of the way so they can expand...... so that they can hire MORE PEOPLE, is not a good enuff reason to cross over???!!!

MORE PEOPLE would no doubt, include some black folks! That's not enuff??

Old 02-21-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Helping companies grow....getting out of the way so they can expand...... so that they can hire MORE PEOPLE, is not a good enuff reason to cross over???!!!

MORE PEOPLE would no doubt, include some black folks! That's not enuff??
Are they going to hire more blacks or more whites. Its great if they expand, but if blacks aren't getting hired, than it does nothing for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies