Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:53 AM

10,230 posts, read 6,315,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
We can thank President Obama for one thing: starting a national conversation on the use of contraception.

It has been documented in other posts how the availability of contraception, due to the promiscuous and irresponsible lifestyle it promotes, has lead to increases in abortion, out-of-wedlock births, sexually transmitted diseases, and other social maladies.

It has also been explained how contraception has led to the explosive growth of government and the nanny state by eroding our natural support network - the extended family.

What is seldom discussed, however, is how "the pill" specifically poisons the bodies, lives, and relationships of women. A timely article by Mary Anne Moresco titled "Poisoned by the Pill: Truths About Chemical Contraception" reviews the facts:

"Each year, thousands of cases of cancer can be attributed to hormonal contraception.Any other drug (or heaven forbid natural supplement) which had been linked to so much cancer would have been yanked from the market long ago ..."

Please read the entire article.
I got my period in 1958 when I was 10 years old. It was very, very bad. I had severe cramps and bleed hearily for 7 or 8 years. I couldn't go to school because I could not stand up from pain, and to be bluntly, it would just pour out of me. I was in the bathroom on the hour changing my pads.

By the time I was 12, I had severe anemia and my doctor said this cannot go on. He told my parents it was go on the Pill to regular my period, or go into the hosptial for a D & C, and blood transfusions. If for don't know what else heavy and lenghtly periods can cause, look it up. If left untreated it can also cause infertility.

Other than the Pill, keep having surgeries? Or maybe Dad should have married me off at the age of 12 for I could make babies to solve it?

As you can see from these dates, this was a very, very long time ago. I also took the Pill for almost 15 years for birth control. The Pill that I took back in those days was the high hormones one. Hello? I am still here at the age of 63.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 09:02 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Do you ever notice that every election year the GOP invents a new 'shinny object' to distract voters away from the fact that their proposals always favor the rich against the middle class?

In past years, it's been flag-burning; gay marriage; etc. This year, it's contraception -- an 'issue' settled in the 1960s.

It's the only way the GOP can ever win. Look away from the shinny object.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:06 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
It has also been explained how contraception has led to the explosive growth of government and the nanny state by eroding our natural support network - the extended family.........
You want to know what has eroded the natural support network of the extended family?

Jobs. The fact that family has to move across the country or out of state to find a decent job. The chances of you finding a well paying job in your home town are usually slim to none.......it has NOTHING to do with contraception.

Women are no longer ruled by their reproductive systems.....and I guess this threatens a lot of men. Well, too bad for you......you better make peace with it because women are not going to give up the convenience and freedom of having control over their bodies.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:51 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You want to know what has eroded the natural support network of the extended family?

Jobs. The fact that family has to move across the country or out of state to find a decent job. The chances of you finding a well paying job in your home town are usually slim to none.......it has NOTHING to do with contraception.

Women are no longer ruled by their reproductive systems.....and I guess this threatens a lot of men. Well, too bad for you......you better make peace with it because women are not going to give up the convenience and freedom of having control over their bodies.
Not only that, but eroding of wages so that women who want to stay at home to rear children, can't, because they can't afford it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies