Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 10:09 PM

779 posts, read 537,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Paul doesn't want to abolish the CRA, he wants to abolish the War on Drugs; America's most racist institution.

Do you want to try this again....with a little more honesty?
Right. "Honesty". You can blind yourself to what Paul's record on race, including comments during that 80s that he somehow has forgotten about, so that your sell-out, racist, phony libertarian makes you get goose-pimples; I won't.

H.R. 676 was not part of the "War on Drugs" which was started by Nixon. Nor was the C.R.A. H.R. 676 was simply a bill to honor the anniversary of the CRA. A bill which Ron Paul opposed-- with nary a mention of "The War On Drugs".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 10:13 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
I would hate to vote for Obama in the coming election. If things don't turn well with the Republican party, what choices will normal people have?

Old 02-20-2012, 10:16 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
Right. "Honesty". You can blind yourself to what Paul's record on race, including comments during that 80s that he somehow has forgotten about, so that your sell-out, racist, phony libertarian makes you get goose-pimples; I won't.
It wasn't racist, but an abhorrent tactic to expand the libertarian base.

Do you understand the difference?

Quote:
H.R. 676 was not part of the "War on Drugs" which was started by Nixon. Nor was the C.R.A. H.R. 676 was simply a bill to honor the anniversary of the CRA. A bill which Ron Paul opposed-- with nary a mention of "The War On Drugs".
I didn't even look up your bills since you are dishonest hack throwing out red herrings, but it is safe to say that you don't think the War on Drugs in America's most racist institution, is this correct?

Now, lets get back to the topic and explain to me why you don't think the War on Drugs isn't a racist war.

Explain yourself for supporting such a racist travesty. Explain yourself for supporting a policy that overtly attacks minorities.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:17 AM

840 posts, read 781,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
He's conservative to a fault, libertarian that has gone one step to far.

Americans want social programs, they like social security, they like medicare, they don't want to see people that work go hungry or without a roof on their head.

So if his problem with these things are "constitutional", then why not make them just that? Thats because he doesn't care about what the people want, its about idealism. He will attract a few ardent supporters, but never 70% of the population which support the programs he'd like to see die.
He supports those programs. He just wants to return them to the states and let them handle it. I agree with him as well.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:23 AM

779 posts, read 537,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
It wasn't racist, but an abhorrent tactic to expand the libertarian base.

Do you understand the difference?

I didn't even look up your bills since you are dishonest hack throwing out red herrings, but it is safe to say that you don't think the War on Drugs in America's most racist institution, is this correct?

Now, lets get back to the topic and explain to me why you don't think the War on Drugs isn't a racist war. This thread was not about the War on Drugs. Try again.

Explain yourself for supporting such a racist travesty. Explain yourself for supporting a policy that overtly attacks minorities.
Ahhhh, so you didn't even read... and ADMIT it!

You're deflecting by using a straw-man argument. The man condemned the CRA in front of everyone, and he was the ONLY one to vote against honoring it's 40th anniversary.

I am completely opposed to the "War on Drugs". Why do you continue to flounce about it?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:35 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_ View Post
Disclaimer: I'm voting for Obama, but I respect Ron Paul and honestly believe he would have had a chance in the general election IF he chose to ran as an Independent.
I thought so before you posted it.

It would be perfect for you if a Ron Paul could strip maybe 7% of the vote from the election to maybe help Obamy win, but even Ron Paul IMO knows Obama would be the worst person to ever be given a second term and I don't think he wants to F up America over a personal ego trip.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:42 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
Ron Paul will never be electible because he says things that make sense.
He does dumb things too... as in running as a republican candidate.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:45 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Ron Paul knows exactly what he is doing.

Keeping his mouth shut so that Rand has a future in the party.
Rand Paul will never become president.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:13 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times
Here is my problem with Ron paul voting against the CRA. If we didn't have the CRA, we wouldn't be as far along as we are now. 2012 might as well be 1972 if the Act isn't signed into law at that time. White people were not in a hurry to intergrate with blacks in the 60's, it took the government to force whites to socialize with us. Whether whites want to admit that or not, race relations between blacks and whites today would be alot worse than if the CRA is not created. Ron Paul didn't like the government telling white people to be nice to black people. Yep that is definitely the guy I want running president.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:16 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
I am completely opposed to the "War on Drugs". Why do you continue to flounce about it?
Because The "War on Drugs" is a very important issue this upcoming election. Over 70% of the budget for this racist war is spent on Marijuana Prohibition, possibly the least dangerous "drug" known to man and definitely the most useful, legal or illegal.
Hypocrisy at its finest when our country is currently experiencing a pain-killer and legal drug overdose epidemic and not a word is spoken. All is well in Corporatocracy American Government when pharmaceutical companies reap the profitable rewards of addiction.

Our country now has 5% of the World's population with 25% of the World's prisoners. America's prison population is (and has been) exploding the past decade, mostly with non-violent drug offenders and with an astounding imprisonment rate for minorities.
The for-profit Prison Corporations, DEA and Police Departments have expanded budgets every year and nobody seems to want to speak on it except Ron Paul.
Obama repeatedly ignores questions on this issue and it is clear he is unwilling to keep his promise of a less aggressive approach to this atrocious and propaganda fueled war (among others)

Call Ron Paul racist for a failed attempt by his supporters in the 1990's at attracting a segment of racist republicans if it makes you feel better about your candidate but talk about real issues and Paul is the last man standing protecting individual liberties and basic human rights issues.

I've come to realize that The "War on Drugs", inflationary practices/fractional reserve lending by The Federal Reserve/TBTF Banks and the Endless and Un-Winnable wars that Dems and Repubs love so much, hurt the poor and Middle-Class more than Democrats are willing to admit.

Unfortuantely, they no longer have a party that represents them, nor do most Americans.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 02-21-2012 at 09:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies