Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 01:20 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Alice Stewart, who has been with Santorum for a week and who worked for not-so-bright Michele Bachmann, "mispoke".

Right up there with Santorum saying "blah" people when he meant and said "black" people. It's sooooooooooo easy to see how she got "radical ISLAMIST policies" confused with "radical ENVIRONMENTAL policies".

Santorum Aide: Obama Has "Radical Islamic Polices" | News One

yea because we know full well only idiots make such mistakes.

I mean The Lion himself, RedDeadTed Kennedy didnt call Obama: Osama Bin Ladin or anything...

And Obama himself never once mispoke concerning his "muslim faith"

nahh... only idiot conservative mis-speak and when they do what they are acutally doing is showing what they really feel...

can we not have a single eleciton without the idiocy of gotcha?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 01:22 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
I grew up with fundie Christian religious neighbors from Iowa who moved into our neighborhood ~1975

Guess whose son knocked a girl up at 17 and ended up chemically dependent (and lost a lucrative scholarship in the process)? You guessed it, their oldest son.
i grew up a fundie christian and didnt knock up anyone unitl i had been married for 9.5 years... and the one I did eventually "knock up" was the woman I married....and no other..

whats your point?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:24 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
can we not have a single eleciton without the idiocy of gotcha?
It appears that with each election there is more gotcha for the simple fact that there are more idiots running for office.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:29 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchNsniff View Post
I don't believe for a moment that these were simple mistakes. It's the current M.O. in US politics today, to say something that you wink, wink, "don't really mean" and that it was a mistake. But that you really DO believe, you just have to give that mea culpa for the benefit of the media. But once the genie is out of the bottle you can't really jam it back in again.
This.

I totally agree that these are not simple mistakes. I believe they are a concentrated and organized effort to get the message out there - to plant the "seed" in the brains of the idiots who want to believe that President Obama is a terrorist sympathizer.

Same thing with the amniocentesis or birth control issue or comparing President Obama to Hitler. Like scratchNsniff says, you get that genie out of the bottle, let the gullible RWNJ's take the bait, and then make a half-ass attempt to correct yourself.

They know exactly what they're doing.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:49 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times
Quote:
Alice Stewart, who has been with Santorum for a week and who worked for not-so-bright Michele Bachmann, "mispoke".

Right up there with Santorum saying "blah" people when he meant and said "black" people. It's sooooooooooo easy to see how she got "radical ISLAMIST policies" confused with "radical ENVIRONMENTAL policies".

Oh and Obama and the rest of his lefties have never used that phrase. That might as well have been his slogan. Ridiculous.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:54 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Oh and Obama and the rest of his lefties have never used that phrase. That might as well have been his slogan. Ridiculous.
Huh?

*Sigh*

Old 02-21-2012, 02:08 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Huh?

*Sigh*
I mean the phrase, "I misspoke.".

Old 02-21-2012, 02:44 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Quote:

I can see how radical environmental policies have theology associated to them...

ok I'll be the one to CALL BULLSHIrT.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:51 PM

779 posts, read 537,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i grew up a fundie christian and didnt knock up anyone unitl i had been married for 9.5 years... and the one I did eventually "knock up" was the woman I married....and no other..

whats your point?
Good for you! In my experience, the fundies had more troubles with their children. I have two ministers in my family. One's southern baptist and the other is some weird denomination that he invented. Guess whose kids ended up on dope? Guess whose daughters had premarital sex and showed up preggo in high school?

Yes, THEIR kids, and all this after they openly criticized my parents, for years, with "reasons" why myself and my siblings were doomed, because my parents weren't bible bangers. Thing is, none of us had kids before marriage and none of us ended up on drugs.

My point is that children who grow up in repressive households are more likely to end up in trouble. It's just an opinion though, so don't get your knickers too twisted.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:31 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Let me add to my previous post:

..............the government is filled with idiots.

Feel better now??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies