U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2012, 04:09 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,732 posts, read 6,377,951 times
Reputation: 2371

Advertisements

Alice Stewart, who has been with Santorum for a week and who worked for not-so-bright Michele Bachmann, "mispoke".

Right up there with Santorum saying "blah" people when he meant and said "black" people. It's sooooooooooo easy to see how she got "radical ISLAMIST policies" confused with "radical ENVIRONMENTAL policies".

Quote:
Alice Stewart, spokesperson for GOP hopeful Rick Santorum, said that President Barack Obama encouraged“radical Islamic policies” and that his agenda was driven by “phony theology.” After the interview, she said that she “mis-spoke” .......

Stewart did the old Beltway Two-Step and backed away from the statement, saying that it was just a big mistake and that she really meant to say “radical environmental policies”
Santorum Aide: Obama Has "Radical Islamic Polices" | News One

Last edited by softblueyz; 02-21-2012 at 05:01 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2012, 04:23 AM
 
Location: Twin Cities, MN
779 posts, read 507,696 times
Reputation: 221
I grew up with fundie Christian religious neighbors from Iowa who moved into our neighborhood ~1975

Guess whose son knocked a girl up at 17 and ended up chemically dependent (and lost a lucrative scholarship in the process)? You guessed it, their oldest son.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 05:02 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,732 posts, read 6,377,951 times
Reputation: 2371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
I grew up with fundie Christian religious neighbors from Iowa who moved into our neighborhood ~1975

Guess whose son knocked a girl up at 17 and ended up chemically dependent (and lost a lucrative scholarship in the process)? You guessed it, their oldest son.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 05:49 AM
 
Location: Illinois Delta
5,762 posts, read 4,733,122 times
Reputation: 2060
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Alice Stewart, who has been with Santorum for a week and who worked for not-so-bright Michele Bachmann, "mispoke".

Right up there with Santorum saying "blah" people when he meant and said "black" people. It's sooooooooooo easy to see how she got "radical ISLAMIST policies" confused with "radical ENVIRONMENTAL policies".



Santorum Aide: Obama Has "Radical Islamic Polices" | News One

Wow, she's only been with Santorum's campaign for a week and already she has a psychic link with him, allowing her to repeat his thoughts. This guy only knows gutter politics, sanctimonious attitude notwithstanding. I hope the current GOP "flavor of the month" is only the guy with the "Big Mo" for a week...this "flavor" leaves a nasty aftertaste.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 05:57 AM
 
Location: 77441
3,160 posts, read 4,128,566 times
Reputation: 2306
and just think, 10,254 more "misspokes" and they wont even catch up with barry "headuphisbutt" obama
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:55 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,090 posts, read 11,455,571 times
Reputation: 4121
Yeah, I guess the terms sound and mean somewhat the same thing if you don't know what they really mean.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Fairfax, VA
3,828 posts, read 3,132,026 times
Reputation: 3686
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Yeah, I guess the terms sound and mean somewhat the same thing if you don't know what they really mean.

She was right the first time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 07:15 AM
 
994 posts, read 683,806 times
Reputation: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Alice Stewart, who has been with Santorum for a week and who worked for not-so-bright Michele Bachmann, "mispoke".

Right up there with Santorum saying "blah" people when he meant and said "black" people. It's sooooooooooo easy to see how she got "radical ISLAMIST policies" confused with "radical ENVIRONMENTAL policies".



Santorum Aide: Obama Has "Radical Islamic Polices" | News One
Not-so-bright Bachmann? What exactly are your accomplishments stacked against hers that makes you comfortable sitting in judgement like that?

When Obama said he'd been to 57 states and Biden said that FDR was president in 1929, did that make them stupid? Or it only works for people you don't agree with?

One week on the job she said Islamic instead of Environmental and even though Santorum has announced he was indeed referring to the President's energy policy, you're going to ingore that fact and try to imply this was a freudian slip that reveals the inner workings of their minds?

Don't you have any actual substantive arguments against Santorum you could be making?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 08:13 AM
 
Location: Eastern NC
20,870 posts, read 21,069,380 times
Reputation: 18766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Not-so-bright Bachmann? What exactly are your accomplishments stacked against hers that makes you comfortable sitting in judgement like that?

When Obama said he'd been to 57 states and Biden said that FDR was president in 1929, did that make them stupid? Or it only works for people you don't agree with?

One week on the job she said Islamic instead of Environmental and even though Santorum has announced he was indeed referring to the President's energy policy, you're going to ingore that fact and try to imply this was a freudian slip that reveals the inner workings of their minds?

Don't you have any actual substantive arguments against Santorum you could be making?
So Santorum and his spokesman gets a pass but you harp on something Obama said 3 years ago?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Illinois Delta
5,762 posts, read 4,733,122 times
Reputation: 2060
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So Santorum and his spokesman gets a pass but you harp on something Obama said 3 years ago?

That's how they roll...it's just a coincidence that Santorum and his spokeswoman voiced the same buzz words in speaking of President Obama, but there's no slack for comments made during the exhaustive period leading up to the general election. I think the GOP is still smarting over Quayle misspelling "potato."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:04 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top