Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2012, 01:23 PM

994 posts, read 724,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Maybe for some, but I'd say their actions speak louder than their faith.

I don't care if someone's Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Satanist, Hindu, Buddhist, Wiccan, or Shintoist. What matters is how they act, and whether or not they realise their religion is separate from their office.
If their faith is sincere then their actions are informed by their faith. And you're conflating an individual's personal faith with the separation of church and state. One has nothing to do with the other.

Quote:
Proof plz.
Quotes from the Wall Street Journal and Ontheissues.

In 1997, Obama voted in the Illinois Senate against SB 230, a bill designed to prevent partial-birth abortions.

On March 30, 2001, Obama was the only Illinois senator who rose to speak against a bill that would have protected babies who survived late term labor-induced abortion.

Mr. Obama said in a speech on the Illinois Senate floor that he could not accept that babies wholly emerged from their mother's wombs are "persons," and thus deserving of equal protection under the Constitution's 14th Amendment.

Quote:
No he didn't. What he did is made those who use government money follow government rules.
First, there was nothing said about government money being a deciding factor.

Second, You're playing semantics. Characterizing what he did in a different light doesn't change that he did it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 01:47 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This is the spirit of anti-christ attacking the Christians. There will be a time shortly when the Christians will be weakened because of the salt has lost its savor and is trampled down.
We are talking about Franklin Graham's comments. I am not sure how you twist that into you being the victim who is under attack by a demonic force. Be bold in your faith, don't play the victim.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, but he said a lot of things yesterday that went too far. Especially in regard to Romney. And the fact that he wouldn't acknowledge Obama's Christianity but immediately acknowledged Gingrich and Santorum as Christians goes right to his character and can't be glossed over.

That said, it's not a revelation to me. I generally hate clergymen anyway. So i'm loathe to be fair to him. I'll admit it.
He is making a mistake. I think he would have been better off just saying that Santorum's views are best in line with Christians teaching, but he should have omitted Obama. Romney and Gingrish and not comment at all. If you claim to be "analyzing the fruit" and somehow come out thinking Gingrich is a Godly man while Obama is not, then you lost your credibility.

Well, now he has taken it all back, so I suppose that is the end of it. Personally I have a great distaste for politicians using faith as a political weapon, and pastors who promote a political party. Both parties are rotten to the core, and that's a fact.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The Teachings of Jesus
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him" (Matthew 6:5-8).
And that is the problem with many politicians. They go to no end to promote their faith because they think that buys votes.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:41 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Obama is a Muslim. We know for sure he isn't a Christian. I'll let you figure it out, but my guess is you won't.
Who are "we"???...I'm a Christian and God hasn't sent me any Christan coded messages, but I guess only you and your king get the word of God...

Old 02-22-2012, 02:44 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
Quote:
Obama does nothing for the Christians who are persecuted and killed but stands up for the Muslims.

Obama's Jesus is not the Jesus of the bible.. it is a made up Jesus by Reverend Wright who hates the white man and the only salvation that Obama believes in is when the whites give everything they have to the blacks and then the White people will attain salvation.. His collective salvation.

Collective salvation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Is it possible to post anything more ignorant???...Rev Wright hates the white man, whites have to give up everything, whites, white, etc...

Jesus, can anybody say "irrational white guy persecution complex."

Old 02-22-2012, 02:45 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Rev. Wrights fruit stink. His message to his congregation is to hate whites, hate the rich instead of love and forgiveness. His message is to resent whites. So how are they to know they are God's people when taught to hate. Then Wrights message to his congregation that the United States deserved the twin towers to be hit and all those innocent people in the buildings and the planes to die.

I went to ground zero two weeks after and it was a war zone with burning bodies in the rubble smoldering .
Wrong on every count.

Rev. Wright voluntarily worked practically his whole life for a predominately (94%+) white denomination. Trinity UCC could have left the denomination whenever they desired. They get no support from the denomination and they voluntarily donate hundreds of thousands of dollars every year to the predominately white denomination. Mighty strange behavior for a congregation that is about white hatred. Have you every actually heard Rev. Wright say he hates white people, if you had I would be interested read it or listen to it.

Rev. Wright in his own words from the National Press Club in 2008.

The prophetic theology of the black church has always seen and still sees all of God's children as sisters and brothers, equals who need reconciliation, who need to be reconciled as equals in order for us to walk together into the future which God has prepared for us. Reconciliation does not mean that blacks become whites or whites become blacks and Hispanics become Asian or that Asians become Europeans.
Reconciliation means we embrace our individual rich histories, all of them. We retain who we are as persons of different cultures, while acknowledging that those of other cultures are not superior or inferior to us. They are just different from us.
We root out any teaching of superiority, inferiority, hatred, or prejudice.
And we recognize for the first time in modern history in the West that the other who stands before us with a different color of skin, a different texture of hair, different music, different preaching styles, and different dance moves, that other is one of God's children just as we are, no better, no worse, prone to error and in need of forgiveness, just as we are.

Rev. Wright did not preach that "the United States deserved the twin towers to be hit". On 09/16/01, he preached that we need to find away to stop the cycle of violence and how we survivors need to reexamine our relationships with God and each other.

There are numerous references to the tragic loss on that day.

Most of us are familiar with just that part of Psalm 137. Most of us are only familiar with the first 6 verses of Psalm 137. Most of us have not read or heard the last 3 verses of this song, and most of us, I can guarantee you, have never heard a sermon that touched any of the thoughts or feelings expressed in these last 3 verses.
But, in all my years of preaching I have never preached a sermon which dealt with these difficult verses, these last 3 verses in Psalm 137, these brutally honest verses. And, these verses which express what the people of faith really feel after a day of devastation and senseless death. And, that is exactly what these three verses express.

as many of us try to sort out what it is we are feeling and why it is we are feeling what we feel after the trauma and the tragedy of the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon

Verse 7, of Second Kings 25, says they slaughtered, senseless killings, they slaughtered the sons of Zebekiah and made him watch it. Then they put out his eyes, so that would be the last thing he had any visual image of, like a commercial airliner, or passenger plane slamming into an office building, two office buildings, killing thousands for no reason other than hatred.
The people of faith have moved from the hatred of armed enemies, these soldiers who captured the king, who slaughtered his son, they put his eyes out, the soldiers who sacked the city, burned the towns, burned the temples, burned the towers, and moved from the hatred of armed enemies to the hatred of unarmed innocents, the babies, the babies .[Verse 9] “Blessed are they who dash your baby’s brains against a rock.” And that my beloveds is a dangerous place to be. Yet, that is where the people of faith are in 551 BC and that is where the people of faith are, far too many people of faith are in 2001 AD.

Turn to the person sitting next to you, worshiping next to you and say it while you have a chance. Say I love you! Listen, listen, listen! This, this past week was a grim reminder of the fact that you might not have the chance to say that next week. So, say it now. I love you!

Old 02-22-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

Obama Vs. Keyes: Christianity - YouTube

Obama fails every Biblical test of what a believer is........Alan Keyes eats his lunch on that issue...

Unfortunately this only aired in Ilinois.
I think Obama's "Call to Renewal" in response is much better.

Obama’s Historic “Call to Renewal” Speech - Steven Waldman

Old 02-22-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Who cares;he is just one man amount millions of wackos. Ever listen to Rev Wright who Obama listened to every sunday who preached that whity was the devil?
Never happened.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
If Obama says marriage is for one man and woman it is ok with those who are the unbelievers. Did you not know when Santorum says the same he is called extreme. Why?
The difference being that Obama is not going to let is personnel belief to stand in the way others equal treatment under the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies