Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 03:53 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, please! What an ignorant statement!

Our very freedom, in fact the very founding of our country, was based on Judeo Christian beliefs. The founders believed that God intended man to be free. That is why they wrote that we are "endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Our system of justice comes from Biblical principles of law and justice.

No other religion has given man the freedom that Christianity has.

Obviously, you have no knowledge of Christianity, or the Bible.

Islam, is one of the most oppressive religions of the face of the earth, whereas Christianity sets man free.

You need to educate yourself.
Another view of the Christianity that our country was founded upon from the Supreme court.

Africans in America/Part 4/Dred Scott case

The language of the Declaration of Independence is equally Conclusive: ...
We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among them is life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that to secure these rights, Governments are instituted, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

The general words above quoted would seem to embrace the whole human family, and if they were used in a similar instrument at this day would be so understood. But it is too clear for dispute, that the enslaved African race were not intended to be included, and formed no part of the people who framed and adopted this declaration; for if the language, as understood in that day, would embrace them, the conduct of the distinguished men who framed the Declaration of Independence would have been utterly and flagrantly inconsistent with the principles they asserted; and instead of the sympathy of mankind, to which they so confidently appeared, they would have deserved and received universal rebuke and reprobation.

Yet the men who framed this declaration were great men -- high in literary acquirements -- high in their sense of honor, and incapable of asserting principles inconsistent with those on which they were acting. They perfectly understood the meaning of the language they used, and how it would be understood by others; and they knew that it would not in any part of the civilized world be supposed to embrace the negro race, which, by common consent, had been excluded from civilized Governments and the family of nations, and doomed to slavery. They spoke and acted according to the then established doctrines and principles, and in the ordinary language of the day, no one misunderstood them. The unhappy black race were separate from white by indelible marks, and laws long before established, and were never thought of or spoken of except as property, and when the claims of the owner or the profit of the trader were supposed to need protection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 03:56 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Yep, he sure is AND he is a member of the black panther party AND he goes out chasing white women! I guess you already knows that he plays basketball and eats watermelon thanks to his wife

If the man says that he is a christian why are you people so dense not to believe him, TRUCK! did'nt you morons go to his church and attacked his pastor
Barack Obama reveals himself. We don't need to make assumptions or guess. Additionally, I have read enough of his past history (some from his own lips, some from those who knew him.)

Any man can say he is a Christian. His words and actions will reveal the truth.

Secondly, we have heard enough of Jeremiah Wright (the tapes have been on YouTube, and played elsewhere). Wrights teachings are not from the Bible. It is what is known as "Black Liberation Theology".

I don't have to make things up and make wild accusations like the left does against us. We have knowledge. We read. We think. We come to conclusions based on what we know.

But, why do I waste my time here? You couldn't care less. You are here to smear. That is all you know. You have no knowledge. You make judgements based on "feelings" and what you deem to be right (or wrong), regardless of what may be true. You don't acknowledge truth. That's called "moral relativism". That is your religion.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:02 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Who are "we"???...I'm a Christian and God hasn't sent me any Christan coded messages, but I guess only you and your king get the word of God...
Uh huh. I really believe you. If you were a Christian, you would know that Obama isn't. It's kind of like "black and white" (and that isn't a racial slur). It's pretty clear.

He might fool some. But he doesn't fool believers.

Perhaps your Christianity isn't real either? You'd better check your heart.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:29 PM

576 posts, read 586,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This guy is such a phony and a hypocrite. I wish Willie Geist had reached across the table and just slapped the guy.

Franklin Graham Calls Obama's Religious Beliefs Into Question
Why do tolerant liberals like to resort to violence so much?

Old 02-23-2012, 04:45 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
I think you need to go back and read my post again. I'm not "guessing" that Obama is a Muslim. His life and his actions speak to that.

I'll take your word on what you believe to be true.

Even though it's clearly false.

Enjoy your self-delusion.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:06 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
Quote:
Uh huh. I really believe you. If you were a Christian, you would know that Obama isn't. It's kind of like "black and white" (and that isn't a racial slur). It's pretty clear.

He might fool some. But he doesn't fool believers.

Perhaps your Christianity isn't real either? You'd better check your heart.
My heart is fine, therefore I don't judge the color of a man's skin as to whether he is saved or not...

As a Christian I don't go around spreading lies about Pastors I disagree with, and ringing a race bell to inflame posters.

BTW does "your God" have cloven hooves???...sounds like you need to check, son.

Last edited by reconmark; 02-23-2012 at 06:27 PM..

Old 02-23-2012, 06:21 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Nice try. Reverend Wright talks today about the rich whites as if that is sinfull. I have seen many rich blacks so what is the difference?

There are many poor whites in rural areas. I have seen more hardship with no running water etc. than any ghetto in thise rural areas.

This is Reverend Wright preaching his loving come together of the races sermon.

Jeremiah Wright - Hillary Clinton ain't never been called.... - YouTube
Because your irrational shrilling has been disproved, now you want to move the goalposts???...fine, you still lose.

Please point us to where Rev.Wright attacks white people and not the actions of some white people.

When you continue these ponzi like arguments of yours they can only end up one way...

Apparently you choose to ignore the messages Rev. Wright aims at Black people, that's alright.

Hypocrites usually work that way...

BTW...what demographic and sex has historically and presently controlled the apparatus of finance, manufacturing, farming, legal fields, financial markets???...Asians, Black People, Hispanics, American Indians, Arabs, Hindus, Females???

Yeah, I guess Rev. Wright IS correct.

Last edited by reconmark; 02-23-2012 at 06:31 PM..

Old 02-23-2012, 06:43 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I agree with Franklin Graham about mormonism not being Christian, and I am sorry if that is not what you wanted to hear.
It's exactly what I wanted to hear. You're getting closer and closer to getting back on topic. So, would it be accurate to say that Franklin Graham is the final word on who's Christian and who isn't? Are you really willing to share that responsibility with him?

Old 02-23-2012, 06:51 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So, would it be accurate to say that Franklin Graham is the final word on who's Christian and who isn't? Are you really willing to share that responsibility with him?
It is best to study the word, and see if a particular teaching is Christian, and mormonism fails the test, and that is why I am in agreement with Graham. Or are you trying to suggest that you have the final word?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-23-2012 at 07:03 PM..

Old 02-23-2012, 06:53 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This guy is such a phony and a hypocrite. I wish Willie Geist had reached across the table and just slapped the guy.

Franklin Graham Calls Obama's Religious Beliefs Into Question
I agree...all of these "preacher's kids" that inherit the keys to the money safe bug the hell out of me.

Jimmy Swaggart's son,Donnie Swaggart has a few dui/dwi's..he's a serial adulterer and admitted cokehead..he and his boy are doing the exact same thing on a show called "Francis & Friends",a rwnj show hosted by his Mom and on his Daddy's network.

These bible salesmen will know the truth one day imho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies