Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:31 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Seems more oil has been produced in the US under Obama than under Bush.

Observe the graph. Who was president when oil production, in the US, dropped precipitously? Who is president while oil production, in the US, increased dramatically?

It was BUSH that opened up more federal leases, not obama.

What you are seeing is the production from private and state lands.

According to his OWN Energy Info agency, oil production in Gulf was down 22% in 2011 and that will rise in 2012.

Offshore if off limits in the obamaworld.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 08:22 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,138 times
Gas prices are going to rise............ get used to it.
No matter who is in the Whitehouse......... gas prices are going to rise.
The World is changing and other Countries that were not players in the Oil industry, now are.
America does not decide the Worlds Oil prices and Obama does not decide who sells what to who.
Anyone blaming Obama or even Bush for high oil prices should get a grip. Party Politics does not belong in this argument. Obama is doing all he can to get America away from being oil dependent but it will take time and money.
If anyone thinks Obama is responsible for the current high oil prices, maybe they should tell the rest of the world who are suffering high oil prices too that it's all down to the President of the United States, i'm sure they will be relieved.
America is as susceptible to Global fluctutions as any other country in Oil prices and are not the deciders of the Worlds Oil economy.
Get of the Presidents back about Oil..... you are attacking the wrong person... whether Bush or Obama.
You want to blame anyone then go after the speculators or China or India or the Arab cartels but our President is way down the list when the blame is dished out........... Enough already with this political B/S.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:04 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,899,491 times
If people stayed home more often the gas stations would lose money, and the prices might come down. I like to gallivant as much as the next person, but sometimes, I'm just spinning my wheels wasting time and gas for a monotonous routine.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:08 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
If people stayed home more often the gas stations would lose money, and the prices might come down. I like to gallivant as much as the next person, but sometimes, I'm just spinning my wheels wasting time and gas for a monotonous routine.
The Gas stations should be regulated by their suppliers. The prices at the pumps should be standard and not decided on by the oowner of a particular gas station. This will stop gouging.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,943,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I presume people aren't driving for no reason and stopping doing that has negative side-effects too.

But, if your theme is that we should be conserving, you are right and that's a positive aspect to high prices. In Europe the gasoline prices have been heavily taxed to raise pump prices. The result is an extensive train network, people living closer to their workplace and efficient vehicles.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,412,059 times
And then there's this:

» 7 Gas Facts Obama Cannot Escape - Big Government

Old 02-27-2012, 11:01 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,943,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Obama must be some all-powerful genius to raise world-wide gasoline prices just to have higher prices in the U.S.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:09 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obama runs the country. He has obstructed ALL domestic energy initiatives that would create jobs, increase production and lower gas prices.

Remember, its obama's economy.
You could try not lying you know.
Gulf of Mexico Lease Sale

Increased Arctic Drilling

That was with a 10 second search.
Guess which county is the fifth largest exporter of gas? Why, it's the US of course. So what do you think we should do, nationalize the refining and distribution? Maybe prohibit the purchase of commodities like oil without actually taking possession of the product?

What is your solution?

Old 02-27-2012, 12:46 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Are you sure about that?
Current Gas Prices and Price History
I have never payed 4 for a gallon of gas!!!! but its getting close now under this president!!

Old 02-27-2012, 12:54 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
You could try not lying you know.
Gulf of Mexico Lease Sale

Increased Arctic Drilling

That was with a 10 second search.
Guess which county is the fifth largest exporter of gas? Why, it's the US of course. So what do you think we should do, nationalize the refining and distribution? Maybe prohibit the purchase of commodities like oil without actually taking possession of the product?

What is your solution?
all of the permits that Bush passed out are just now being work on, it takes almost 2yrs to obtain a permit to dig for oil. almost all digging is being done on private lands as appose to federal lands, no thanks to Obama for the surge in oil production here in America!! he deserves no credit at all, you can thank MR.BUSH for that!if it was up to Obama he would be taking those permits away!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies