Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:33 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,170,776 times

Advertisements

Don't you guys understand that this is all Bush's fault! Who cares if Bush hasn't been in office for more than 3 years, you can't blame Obama, if you do then you're a racist!

Speaker Pelosi blasts President Bush over gas prices | abc7news.com
Networks Link Bush to 'Skyrocketing' Gas Prices 15 Times More Than Obama | Media Research Center
Opinion: High oil prices? Weak dollar? Blame Bush - Martin Frost - POLITICO.com
Robert Scheer: Blame Rising Oil Prices on Bush
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 04:07 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
What a bs chart. Oh yeah, it's from the Heritage Org. No bias there.
Let's see, there's 8 years difference with general inflation and your free market.

Nice try but lies and misrepresentations don't make your points credible.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:45 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What a bs chart. Oh yeah, it's from the Heritage Org. No bias there.
Let's see, there's 8 years difference with general inflation and your free market.

Nice try but lies and misrepresentations don't make your points credible.
When obama came into office, gas was about $1.80 a gallon. What is it now?

A 93% INCREASE under obama.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:14 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
March 2010
Source
proposing is one thing,where is the action? after he chase away the people that were capable of drilling to Argentina. now he can propose anything he wants there is no one here left to drill. with a stroke of the pen he can ban all drilling in a day. but its been almost a 2 years since that proposal and still no action!!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:20 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Usually we see prices rise in Spring/Summer, but this is just incredible. Almost $5/gal in California already.

News from The Associated Press (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GAS_PRICES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAUL T&CTIME=2012-02-18-16-20-35 - broken link)

But...this is what the dems/obama/Left really want....HIGHER gas prices in order to force people to change their lifestyles to one more in line with what they think it should be (of course, THEY are all exempt).

The media is already out of ahead of this...as a warning to obama I believe, which they believe will hurt his re-election chances (Duh!!).

That would be another record in the obama Wreckovery.

Last year, gas took a huge bite out of people's wallets.

News Headlines

Missing $4,155? It Went Into Your Gas Tank This Year

Almost $4200 extra for gas.

And here we have a president who is intent on crippling domestic energy production. Jobs and pain at the pump don't rate up there with appeasing his liberal environmental base, who said they would NOT support him in 2012.

Here's a very, very interesting chart;

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/cry...801-chart1.png
The number of oil drilling rigs in the U.S. hit a record last week, having quadrupled in number over the past three years. Between oil and gas drilling rigs, the U.S. now has more rigs at work than the rest of the world combined.

Big Oil Made a Record $137 BILLION in Profits Last Year: Just the five largest oil companies — ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, BP, Chevron, and Shell — booked a combined profit of $137 BILLION in 2011, even though these companies produced 4 percent less oil in 2011. And of course Big Oil’s record profits are directly related to increasing pain at the pump for American consumers.

Progress Reports - ThinkProgress

Old 02-22-2012, 08:24 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...bEHg2JZm5k9qZw - Nuclear Reactors approved.

U.S., Mexico Sign Deal On Gulf Drilling - WSJ.com

Old 02-22-2012, 08:39 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
The number of oil drilling rigs in the U.S. hit a record last week, having quadrupled in number over the past three years. Between oil and gas drilling rigs, the U.S. now has more rigs at work than the rest of the world combined.

Big Oil Made a Record $137 BILLION in Profits Last Year: Just the five largest oil companies — ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, BP, Chevron, and Shell — booked a combined profit of $137 BILLION in 2011, even though these companies produced 4 percent less oil in 2011. And of course Big Oil’s record profits are directly related to increasing pain at the pump for American consumers.

Progress Reports - ThinkProgress
this is a report that is pro Obama. they say rigs quadrupled, just a statement without any backing what so ever. if this is a real news org. I would want know where they got this information from. big oil could possibly have made a record $157billion in profits, but you can thank Mr. Obama for that one he wanted high gas prices so that green energy could compete. you see Obama doesn't care how much you pay for your gas or how many billions of dollars big oil make. he is an ideolog

Old 02-22-2012, 08:44 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
I actually make money when oil prices rise. It was sort of obvious wasn't it? So I made arrangements to lower my exposure where I fill the tank once a month and avoid gas guzzling SUVs. I use human powered inter-modal transportation year around. I also invested in energy in back 2004 so I essentially bought my gas then.

I guess the other option is to whine about your governor.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:54 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Fail.
CA average is about $4.10 a gallon not $5. Every state has a crazy gas station or two charging a crazy price.

http://www.floridastategasprices.com...163/index.aspx here are 2 Fl classics I knew about when I lived there. One is 1 dollar above stations a mile away another NEAR $6 a gallon. They get away with it because they prey on tourists who need to fill up the rental car fast on their way to the airport. They are both near the hotels / the entry to Downtown Disney.

Yes gas will be higher than last summer.
NICE chart above on gas prices. That one would be classed an outright lie. It ignores the whole period when a barrel of oil was $125+ and peaked at $145ish under Bush.

Last edited by ottomobeale; 02-22-2012 at 09:08 AM..

Old 02-22-2012, 10:20 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
If programs aimed to help the hungry and homeless (ie., those below the poverty line) aren't meant to help bring people out of poverty, then what are they for? A new lifestyle choice? Please.

Save it whatyousay;

some of us know that poverty and homeless go hand and hand. Yep too many too often see certain programs, as a means to their lifestyle, sad as that is.
We are a Poverty Nation, and please with Obummer, more poverty it seems now then ever.

Who'll be the next in lineeeeeeeeee!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies