Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 03:01 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,775,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Again, republicans want to stifle females and keep them in their 'place'.

I wonder if he thinks the boy scouts are a radical group, also?

Unbelievable...

Indiana lawmaker: Girl Scouts in league with Planned Parenthood - CNN.com
Do liberals regret releasing mental patients from mental institutions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 05:07 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Can I ask why? Are children not smart enough to be involved in poltical issues?
What we do as adults affects their lives as well.
Passion, intelligence, stamina and idealism are hallmarks of children/young adults as they mature and become aware of and embrace issues.

I think it's a good thing.

I loved all of the kkk, er, teabagger, kids with their hateful signs.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:27 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,640,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Do liberals regret releasing mental patients from mental institutions?
Seems like they all became right-wingers.

HOW RELEASE OF MENTAL PATIENTS BEGAN - NYTimes.com

In California, for example, the number of patients in state mental hospitals reached a peak of 37,500 in 1959 when Edmund G. Brown was Governor, fell to 22,000 when Ronald Reagan attained that office in 1967, and continued to decline under his administration and that of his successor, Edmund G. Brown Jr. The senior Mr. Brown now expresses regret about the way the policy started and ultimately evolved. ''They've gone far, too far, in letting people out,'' he said in an interview

Old 02-23-2012, 07:05 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,012,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
As an old Girl Scout (who still has my old uniform and badges) and as the mother of 2 women who were Girl Scouts (not to mention grandmother of the same) I thought I'd share what evil things the Girl Scouts are REALLY teaching girls. Really scary stuff.

The Girl Scout Promise

On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.

The Girl Scout Law

I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
and to
respect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.

Well, there you have it; the Girl Scouts are trying to help little girls and young women to be thoughtful, to develop character, to be independent
and involved in the world around them. Ghastly! It's more acceptable to let them grow up without principles and firmly under the thumb of men. It's easy to hate...you just dismiss any social restraints and revel in the joy of your superiority. It's much more difficult to learn tolerance, acceptance and how to go about helping to create a better world. This idiot in IN will hopefully be such a national embarrassment that Hoosiers send him home...and that no Girl Scout will ever sell Thin Mints to him. He isn't cookie-worthy.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:24 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Please give me a small break here. The Blaze? Faux News?

Now it's the Girl Scouts. What's next...nuns??
Well, nuns have been traditionally well-trained, dominated by males and "kept in thier place" so they may not be targeted...

but Repugnants WILL target any other woman dominated group...like teachers....

Repugnants core values, as clearly shown by their line up of candidates is still, and will always be, all about white male domination....

I think quilters are next in line for attack by typical loonytunes repug politicians........

Old 02-23-2012, 08:24 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
My daughter must be in the wrong troop then, they volunteer at the humane society, and make blankets for kids in hospital. I need to tell the troop leader they are supposed to be teaching the girls the joys of lesbianism, and where to get an abortion.

Oh, anyone want to buy some GS cookies?
When I was a leader we volunteered for many things including cleaning up streets when people can't seem to find trash cans, cleaning beaches, etc.

I think I have to go buy some more GS cookies.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Don't worry we will. One thing is for sure, you can't say we dont clearly delineate conservative values vs liberal lunacy.

I think the lunacy belongs to the republicans. Have you not been watching the debates?

Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 AM

994 posts, read 724,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Well, there you have it; the Girl Scouts are trying to help little girls and young women to be thoughtful, to develop character, to be independent
and involved in the world around them. Ghastly! It's more acceptable to let them grow up without principles and firmly under the thumb of men. It's easy to hate...you just dismiss any social restraints and revel in the joy of your superiority. It's much more difficult to learn tolerance, acceptance and how to go about helping to create a better world. This idiot in IN will hopefully be such a national embarrassment that Hoosiers send him home...and that no Girl Scout will ever sell Thin Mints to him. He isn't cookie-worthy.
Sentence 1:
It's more acceptable to let them grow up without principles and firmly under the thumb of men. It's easy to hate...you just dismiss any social restraints and revel in the joy of your superiority.

Sentence 2:
It's much more difficult to learn tolerance, acceptance and how to go about helping to create a better world.

Wow, the irony is thick.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Actually, the link was Fox News, not "faux news" (MSNBC).
You must be confused!

Old 02-23-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, nuns have been traditionally well-trained, dominated by males and "kept in thier place" so they may not be targeted...

but Repugnants WILL target any other woman dominated group...like teachers....

Repugnants core values, as clearly shown by their line up of candidates is still, and will always be, all about white male domination....

I think quilters are next in line for attack by typical loonytunes repug politicians........
IDK, nuns now wear street clothes so I think they will look into bringing it back to how it was as they seem to have to many rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies