Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 08:02 AM

78,552 posts, read 60,762,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
For the millionth time....we aren't going to war with Iran no matter how much you Israel-firsters want it.

I'm sorry. It aint happening. Go cry in your beer with John Bolton.
Why is it always about Israel with some of you posters?

Are you ignorant to the other countries in the region with immense power and a deep hatred of Iran or have you just been conditioned to bark Israel is bad anytime there is a crisis in the Middle East.

For gods sake, some of you have even taken the position that any attack on Israel is a false flag no matter what and any attack on Iran is of course the Israelis. Hatred and bigotry trumps rational thought every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 08:05 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,773,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Chemical weapons are not weapons of mass destruction.

What? How did you decide that? Tell that to the thousands of dead Iranian soldiers and Kurds.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:09 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,236,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
To be honest, I don't believe for a minute that Iran is within 10 years of having a nuclear weapon.

We should just keep in line with the UN and keep out of the fray on this one.
Hard to pick who to go with , your assessment or most of the world.
In this case I would lean to the worlds assessment

Old 02-23-2012, 09:34 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why is it always about Israel with some of you posters?

Are you ignorant to the other countries in the region with immense power and a deep hatred of Iran or have you just been conditioned to bark Israel is bad anytime there is a crisis in the Middle East.

For gods sake, some of you have even taken the position that any attack on Israel is a false flag no matter what and any attack on Iran is of course the Israelis. Hatred and bigotry trumps rational thought every time.
Good. Those nations can join Israel in an attack. Looks like they already have a nice little coalition according to you.

"Hatred and Bigotry?" Right. Not gonna give it any shine. I'll sleep fine regardless. Like i told the others....you know where the airport is. Don't let the cockpit door hit you in the ass on your way to the front.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:37 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,201,546 times
Raise your right hand and repeat: The US Government always tells the truth.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:38 AM

47,008 posts, read 26,069,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
He tried against the Shiites but there was an ignition failure.
Let's look at that one, shall we? Now, we're talking about the vaunted Iraqi WMD complex, the machine of mass destruction that was so much of a threat that we couldn't wait for the UN inspectors to finish the job, because "the smoking gun could be a mushroom cloud over one of our own cities".

And what was their last hurrah? An utterly bungled attempt at dropping (perhaps as many as) 32 warheads.

Now, as we may recall, something else happened between 1991 and 1998: UNSCOM drove around Iraq and had a grand old time breaking the Iraqi WMD program into little, unrecognizable bits. They had results.

But that didn't fit the narrative, so we got wild stories about underground factories and the infamous aluminum-tubes-of-doom, when the reality was that Iraq's WMD program - in 2003 - pretty much consisted of plans to one day get one.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:43 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,209,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Let's look at that one, shall we? Now, we're talking about the vaunted Iraqi WMD complex, the machine of mass destruction that was so much of a threat that we couldn't wait for the UN inspectors to finish the job, because "the smoking gun could be a mushroom cloud over one of our own cities".
Wingnuts, do we need to go thru this again, really?

Quote:
And what was their last hurrah? An utterly bungled attempt at dropping (perhaps as many as) 32 warheads.

Now, as we may recall, something else happened between 1991 and 1998: UNSCOM drove around Iraq and had a grand old time breaking the Iraqi WMD program into little, unrecognizable bits. They had results.

But that didn't fit the narrative, so we got wild stories about underground factories and the infamous aluminum-tubes-of-doom, when the reality was that Iraq's WMD program - in 2003 - pretty much consisted of plans to one day get one.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:44 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,035,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
See you got me wrong. I love America but I just don't hate Iran. In fact I believe the young people of Iran are much smarter than their leadership gives them credit for. They have internet, they have education. Many of them speak English. I honestly think that the sanctions and eventually internal strife and revolution will solve this problem. That is unless Iran wants to use that mythical nuke on their own citizens.

There is no enemy here and IMO there is no immediate threat.
Yeah they've been trying that one for a while. We've actually been arming the rebels. The "young" people of Iran don't seem to have the same twitter and facebook capacity as the "rebels" in egypt and Libya though as the fad just hasn't caught on.

Is it just a coinkydink that Iranian nuclear scientists have been getting offed here lately or that stuxnet was dropped on their facilities? They are getting close and I don't think folks over there are gonna sit around waiting for the yutes to rise up and stop it. Nobody in the middle east wants Iran to have the bomb.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:45 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,338,065 times
Quote:
Please, give it up.

It's over. None found. Case closed. Why are you guys still clinging on to hope that they were not only there, but they'll magically reappear someday and will exonerate Bush. We went to war on faulty intel, and we need to face up to it. We screwed the damn pooch.
It was not faulty intel, it was ignoring the intel that was given to him

Old 02-23-2012, 09:46 AM

78,552 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Quote:
Good. Those nations can join Israel in an attack. Looks like they already have a nice little coalition according to you.

"Hatred and Bigotry?" Right. Not gonna give it any shine. I'll sleep fine regardless. Like i told the others....you know where the airport is. Don't let the cockpit door hit you in the ass on your way to the front.
Oh, I'm not for any war with Iran.

Just funny hearing you describe Israel as the only country out to get Iran....whom of course is innocent of all things and is just being picked on.

Guess you don't know about the Saudi vs Iran grudge. But hey, Saudi Arabia has no strong ties with the US and are a poor resourceless country lacking any influence in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies