Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 05:51 PM

74 posts, read 52,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Actually, the OP isn't old enough to vote. She just likes to pretend she is.
Actually Ive gone through some of her posts and she makes it very clear that she is too young to vote. I don't agree with her on this, nor most things, though.

Pres. Obama has a nice voice and I think its great that he's musical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 06:00 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PianoPlayer17 View Post
Actually Ive gone through some of her posts and she makes it very clear that she is too young to vote.
I stand corrected.

"Pretend" was probably a poor choice of words. Maybe something more along the lines of wanting to sit at the grownup's table.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I stand corrected.

"Pretend" was probably a poor choice of words. Maybe something more along the lines of wanting to sit at the grownup's table.
Well I give her props for doing this instead of what most 17 year old girls are doing.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Well I give her props for doing this instead of what most 17 year old girls are doing.
And what are "most" 17-year-old girls doing? Their homework? Hanging out with their friends?

I have a son not much younger than the OP and he finds plenty of constructive things to do - gets great grades, is in the pep band, runs cross country, has a great group of friends who all make the honor roll, is active in a church youth group, and is well-liked by teachers and kids alike. And besides playing the trumpet in the school band, is teaching himself to play the guitar, the Irish flute and the harmonica.

What he doesn't do is hang out on adult message boards, posting about stuff he really doesn't have a clue about, and then getting all pissy and insulting and childish when someone calls him on it.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
And what are "most" 17-year-old girls doing? Their homework? Hanging out with their friends?

I have a son not much younger than the OP and he finds plenty of constructive things to do - gets great grades, is in the pep band, runs cross country, has a great group of friends who all make the honor roll, is active in a church youth group, and is well-liked by teachers and kids alike. And besides playing the trumpet in the school band, is teaching himself to not only play the guitar but also the Irish flute and the harmonica.

What he doesn't do is hang out on adult message boards, posting about stuff he really doesn't have a clue about, and then getting all pissy and insulting and childish when someone calls him on it.
Most 17 year olds are not like that. Trust me, I was 17 2 years ago and its really hard. Especially if you are arround people who are presuring you to do stupid things. I read that she is homeschooled, being homeschooled you have a lot of free time so she does this. I would love to see more teens expressing their opinions and learning how do deal with people who have different opinions.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Most 17 year olds are not like that. Trust me, I was 17 2 years ago and its really hard. Especially if you are arround people who are presuring you to do stupid things. I read that she is homeschooled, being homeschooled you have a lot of free time so she does this. I would love to see more teens expressing their opinions and learning how do deal with people who have different opinions.
Is it just a coincidence that you have just registered, have 4 posts (all in this thread, I believe), and just happen to live in the same state as the OP?

Old 02-25-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Is it just a coincidence that you have just registered, have 4 posts (all in this thread, I believe), and just happen to live in the same state as the OP?
Wow. Didnt even see that coming. I read some of you posts and agreed with most of them. Didn't know you were a conspiracy theorist. Still, I kinda like you (based on some of your posts).

Old 02-26-2012, 06:04 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
We did Nashville and Memphis last year, Sun Records was amazing. Picked up the Million Dollars Quartet CD, really worth the cash. Watched a couple of sets at BB Kings on Beale street. That stuff will never get old. A artist may get old but their music will live on.
So true, I lived pretty close to Memphis for several years, we used to drive down to catch whomever was playing on Beale St.
I have to say, I find it rather amusing and appalling at the same time that someone can claim to be a musician, know nothing about the music of the 60s, and casually discard the blues.
Makes one wonder just what instruments that posted plays, and what kind of music.
Electronica comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies