Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:04 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times

Advertisements

Here come the Muslim defenders as usual. Didn't take long for the "Christians are bad" defense to pop up. Also noticed some here justifying the murder committed by these animals because someone else's Quran was burned. Tell me,...when was the last time Christians rioted and murdered for a bible being burned? Was anyone murdered over the cross in a jar of urine? They want us to believe Islam is a religion of peace then they need to practice what they tell us in English. Or has the Quran become their religious idol?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 05:05 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
Quote:
The people who cause people who die are those who act like barbarians. Acting as if you have the right to murder people because someone burned a book is like blaming a rape victim because you don't like how she was dressed.
While I don't disagree with your overall point, there's that and then there's reality. American soldiers burned Muslim holy books in a violence filled Muslim country. Yup, the President has to apologize.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:05 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's the thing with being an occupier...you've got no damn business being there in the first place. If you're going to be there, then you've gotta follow their customs. Or you can leave. In fact, that's exactly what we should've done a long time ago.

I'm not getting your analogy. We burned Korans in THEIR country. That's a problem. Hell, it SHOULD be a problem! Why? Because the Afghans say that it's a problem. And that's all you and I need to know.

Yes, we respect the American flag. Yes, it's a symbol of our country. No, troops don't die for it. Anyone that would die for the flag is a fool. You die for what it represents. Big difference.

But even if we burned the flag, why would the Afghans get angry? Hell, i'm American and i don't even get angry. I just look at the culprit like a fool and continue eating my steak. (shrugs shoulders)
Good thinking! I think you should go right over there and fix this. Tell them what's what.
Get back to us and let us know how it went.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Good thinking! I think you should go right over there and fix this. Tell them what's what.
Get back to us and let us know how it went.
Your reasoning makes no sense.

I'm not an advocate of any war. So why would i go anywhere? I haven't lost anything in Afghanistan. I'm fine right here in Arizona.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Here come the Muslim defenders as usual. Didn't take long for the "Christians are bad" defense to pop up. Also noticed some here justifying the murder committed by these animals because someone else's Quran was burned. Tell me,...when was the last time Christians rioted and murdered for a bible being burned? Was anyone murdered over the cross in a jar of urine? They want us to believe Islam is a religion of peace then they need to practice what they tell us in English. Or has the Quran become their religious idol?
Leave their country then. But don't be an occupier and insist that you can do anything you want to do.

They don't want people burning the Koran on their soil. If you do, they're gonna get pissed. Like...you know that going in. So if you can't fathom such a custom, then don't go there.

Why are you guys making this so hard when it's really a simple thing?

Old 02-23-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Leave their country then. But don't be an occupier and insist that you can do anything you want to do.

They don't want people burning the Koran on their soil. If you do, they're gonna get pissed. Like...you know that going in. So if you can't fathom such a custom, then don't go there.

Why are you guys making this so hard when it's really a simple thing?
Because US politicians and members of the Muslim world went out of their way to proclaim Islam a religion of peace right after 9/11. However, time and time again the actions of Muslims have proven that statement to be false and this was just another example. A peaceful religion would protest and demand this never happen again then accept the apology and move on. Instead they riot and murder.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:21 PM

994 posts, read 725,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Wow.
This is really personal for you, huh?
Two of our soldiers were murdered. Not killed in action. Not blown up by a roadside bomb. Murdered. It should be personal for all Americans.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Because US politicians and members of the Muslim world went out of their way to proclaim Islam a religion of peace right after 9/11. However, time and time again the actions of Muslims have proven that statement to be false and this was just another example. A peaceful religion would protest and demand this never happen again then accept the apology and move on. Instead they riot and murder.
THEN LEAVE!!! WTF is so hard about that?

I don't give a sh*t if they riot and murder in their own country. That's their business. If we're not there, then it's their problem to deal with. But if we're gonna be in their country, follow the rules, or GTF out.

I don't give a damn about how peaceful Muslims are. I don't care if it's a religion of peace. All religion is a load of crap anyway. But if Muslims are so bad, then leave their nations and get on with the business of life in America. They didn't ask us to be there, and they're not under any obligation to kiss your behind in gratitude. They're also not under any obligation to accept an apology.

Don't like it? Leave then. That simple. We're making this harder than it has to be.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Two of our soldiers were murdered. Not killed in action. Not blown up by a roadside bomb. Murdered. It should be personal for all Americans.
Only for those who don't hate USA and it's military service members. They want us out, then withdraw and leave them at the mercy of the Taliban then ignore their cries for help.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
THEN LEAVE!!! WTF is so hard about that?

I don't give a sh*t if they riot and murder in their own country. That's their business. If we're not there, then it's their problem to deal with. But if we're gonna be in their country, follow the rules, or GTF out.

I don't give a damn about how peaceful Muslims are. I don't care if it's a religion of peace. All religion is a load of crap anyway. But if Muslims are so bad, then leave their nations and get on with the business of life in America. They didn't ask us to be there, and they're not under any obligation to kiss your behind in gratitude. They're also not under any obligation to accept an apology.

Don't like it? Leave then. That simple. We're making this harder than it has to be.
Don't tell me, tell our Commander in Chief, President Obama, who at one point had been trying to extend the time our troops remained in Afghanistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies